OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Update as of 12/28/21 :

the car was dropped off on 12/21 before my surgery but as luck would have it, I got Omicron, so my surgery is pushed back.

Apparently this dealer takes the panels apart first before test driving to see if anything is visually loose before road testing. Apparently no vibrations/ rattles have been notated after and they are currently working on replacing the driver side exterior mirror and the portion of the dash that’s scratched.
They replaced the tint on both driver side and passenger side windows because it was the tint that was scratched.

So now I’m just waiting for the transmission guy to take a look and see what’s what with the 3rd gear nibble which is most likely a fork.

Hope y’all are good out there, crazy ass times we are living in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update 1/11/22

Was told yesterday that they were not able to duplicate the rattles, but everything else had been completed and the car was ready for pick-up.

Went to pick the car up this morning and immediately noticed an issue with the replacement exterior mirror that looked like it wasn’t a genuine part and the rattle in the driver side door persisted.

Got with the owner who got with the Service manager who wasn’t there today to re-order a mirror and for her to personally drive the car when I come back to hear the rattle and go from there.

Overall semi disappointed as of now but we shall see what happens with the service manager.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
It is but I did not feel appropriate to reference you specifically.
lol guess what... its still at dealer.... lololololol fffffffffffffffffuck...

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The easiest way to fix a rattle is turn up the stereo ;)

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service manager is going to personally drive the car as she said the technician shouldn’t have troubleshooted the way he did.

Test drive first to be able to replicate complaint instead of first pulling apart panels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update 2/15/2022

they hear the issues after taking it back and having the GM and service manager ride together but are afraid to take things apart as it may make the rattle worse.

So, they are going to give me what I paid for the car plus an additional $8k off a new mustang, plus whatever incentives they have at the time I build to order.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you mean by defects? It’s a $40k-$50k dollar car, not a Mercedes. I don’t know many other cars you can get a throaty V8 in for less…?
Maybe, but my 2019 has none of the above issues. It's tight as a drum at 15k miles.

Looks like QC has gone down the crapper during the pandemic.

Mid 70s was like that. crazy inflation, constant auto worker strikes. Worst made cars in American history. Lot's of cracked engine casting. Coke bottles in the doors etc..

Welcome to the 70s.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I know I have said it before but I don’t understand how a company that has been building cars for over 100 years and now builds them with robots, cant get the panel fit right nor the interior quality as good as a basic Korean car. And the paint is so soft it will scratch if you even look at it too hard. BUT I love the Bullit. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
We should all write a letter to Jim Owens asking him to push the assembly quality at Flat Rock. It’s ridiculous.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Update 2/15/2022

they hear the issues after taking it back and having the GM and service manager ride together but are afraid to take things apart as it may make the rattle worse.

So, they are going to give me what I paid for the car plus an additional $8k off a new mustang, plus whatever incentives they have at the time I build to order.
Nice ending! Your persistence and constant pursuit paid off:)

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Update 2/15/2022

Good to hear - but be sure to go over ALL of the numbers presented to you BEFORE signing off on anything. Make sure you're being made whole and they're not going to try a fast one...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
We should all write a letter to Jim Owens asking him to push the assembly quality at Flat Rock. It’s ridiculous.
if you start a petition on 6g I'll sign it! Bet there would be a lot of signatures from this forum.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
I have 0 issues with the interior on my car.

Pics? Show us these notorious interior QC issues.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 0 issues with the interior on my car.

Pics? Show us these notorious interior QC issues.
You can’t see a rattle, lol. Plus, there’s no point since it’s already taken care of. I just came back to update the thread. Glad you’ve had 0 issues!

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear - but be sure to go over ALL of the numbers presented to you BEFORE signing off on anything. Make sure you're being made whole and they're not going to try a fast one...
Most definitely. I’m gonna take a whole day to inspect the vehicle when it comes in and drive it longer this time to make sure.
Sponsored