FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just listed up a motorcycle for 4600, its a beautiful bike. got a handful of people messaging me, like 3 people from out of state are messaging me. 1 in particular is in Daytona florida. he says he really wants it, and will have it shipped. says he will wire me money. is this a scam? google says once a wire has been received etc its pretty much mine.

is this a common scam or anything? if theres stuff I need to be weary of losing bike + money Lol
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have the guy send the money to a Western Union and go pick your money up from there, or have the guy send the money to you via PayPal. I wouldnā€˜t trust giving him my banking info. Youā€™ll know if any of the people claiming to be interested are serious if they agree to do one or the other.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the guy sounds serious spoke on phone for like 2 hours. he wants it for his gf. he said we can do whatever you want. I said can the person picking up bike just hand me the cash he said they probably wouldnt do that. he said can do money order, wire transfer or certified check. he said hes open to anything.

I just dont want to be fukd' but so far hes the first one expressing wanting it at full asking price.

Deleted member 35644

I second the Western Union. You walk in, get your cash, done deal. Let him make the arrangements, prepare to surrender it to the shipping company. No muss. No handing over your bank account number to anyone.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
the guy sounds serious spoke on phone for like 2 hours. he wants it for his gf. he said we can do whatever you want. I said can the person picking up bike just hand me the cash he said they probably wouldnt do that. he said can do money order, wire transfer or certified check. he said hes open to anything.

I just dont want to be fukd' but so far hes the first one expressing wanting it at full asking price.
Heā€™s not open to PayPal? For me, it would have to be PP or wire money to Western Union. I wouldnā€˜t trust anything else nowadays. Heck, he could probably even fly round trip to Ohio himself for $300 and complete the transaction. I would think heā€™d like to see the bike, look it over and hear it run, or watch you ride it. No test rides because you donā€™t know how skilled he is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
so wire transfer using western union= tits? thats what im going to suggest. told him I wanted to research it tonight. should I get a contract or anything written up? saying so and so agree to pay for so and so price

Deleted member 35644

If he needs it for the dmv, he should bring his own bill of sale to be signed after reading. If you want one for yourself, just look online for a template and make one. If you're worried, make sure to include a "no warranty, sold as is" clause.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
so wire transfer using western union= tits? thats what im going to suggest. told him I wanted to research it tonight. should I get a contract or anything written up? saying so and so agree to pay for so and so price
You could print off a bill of sale online, scan and email it to him, have him sign it, then scan and email it back to you. Once you get your money, you can sign the title and send it to him via certified mail. It would also be a good idea to photograph and videotape the bike being loaded onto the transport vehicle by the shipper, in case it gets damaged during transport.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
my mom lives an hour from him, (900) miles from me. I could toss it on my l little trailer, and trailer it down, see my mom stay a few days, and do cash in hand, and drive home. charge him for my gas money too.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking bike! Sounds like you have it priced fairly too.
a lot of bikes in my area are about 800 cheaper, but they are beat to hell. im pretty confident in the pricing. on Facebook theres 800 views, like 40 saves and 4 shares in last 24 hours. hoping someone messages in a few days and says "I WANT IT NOW" save me a damn hassle lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
my mom lives an hour from him, (900) miles from me. I could toss it on my l little trailer, and trailer it down, see my mom stay a few days, and do cash in hand, and drive home.
Thatā€™s an even better idea and you get to visit with your mom.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
a lot of bikes in my area are about 800 cheaper, but they are beat to hell. im pretty confident in the pricing. on Facebook theres 800 views, like 40 saves and 4 shares in last 24 hours. hoping someone messages in a few days and says "I WANT IT NOW" save me a damn hassle lol
I have a 2019 (what started out as an 883), but now has a 1275 kit with CNC ported heads, big valves, cams, Carrillo rods, custom crank work and a ton more. I donā€™t ride it much either nowadays. Iā€™m hoping that will change once I get more acclimated with my new home state of Florida. If not, Iā€™ll be figuring out a price and listing it for sale like you did. LOL
Sponsored