Sponsored

I hate idiots who can't / won't wait in line in traffic

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
any of you ever heard of the zipper effect? you shouldnt merge out of a lane until the very end.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
didnt know there was a term for it until this thread. i always merge at the very end.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
problem is.....when 50 cars line up next to the primary lane rather than just getting in where the line started...then everyone has to let those 50 cars in 1 at a time....thats a PITA. If everyone would just single file when they see the signs WAAAY back it wouldnt be near as big an issue.

I think that is the problem I have. People dont read the FUC*#$ Road Signs! If it says "Lane Closed 1000ft." dont go speeding to the end and expect someone to let you in...just do the right thing and go ahead and get in the open lane at the back of the line and wait like everyone else.....jackass's

Otherwise....if said person goes speeding to the end....does that mean the last person in line now gets to cut out and do the same? Then the next person who is last in line...then the next...so on and so on?

Again, I am talking about such things as road construction where everyone has the abiliity to see the signs far far in advance that a lane is closed....why not go ahead and get over then BEFORE traffic starts backing up. Otherwise, you are just skipping in line.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I'm not worried about the impatient people with drivers' licenses. I worry about the dipshits they're giving licenses to. Today, on my way to work, I saw a lady driving a midsize SUV holding her iPad against the steering wheel with her thumb(s) while she was in motion, and trying to navigate the touch screen with her right hand. There's a gene pool cleaning incident about to happen. Unfortunately, she'll probably hurt or kill someone else when it happens.

Last edited:

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
any of you ever heard of the zipper effect? you shouldnt merge out of a lane until the very end.
I have heard of it and it works great when ppl get it. OP said guy got out of his lane to speed up and pass ppl only to get back in the same lane when it ended.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
id get out of the slow lane and take the 2nd lane too if no one was using it 300 ft before it ended. thats a lot of car lengths.

educate yourselves!

for you yelling at people being assholes going all the way to the end of the lane, you're actually creating more traffic and making the bottleneck even worse. it's been proven many times by traffic engineers. so yell at yourself.

[ame]

/thread

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Zipper merge is great...if the people in the 'non'-merging lane allow you in. Many times I have had to come to a complete halt because absolutely no one in the other lane will open a space for merging! So I guess we are supposed to just force our way into the other lane. It's one of the reasons I tend to merge way before the end point because then I have time to get over rather than crossing my fingers that a kind person will let me in before I run out of roadway.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have heard of it and it works great when ppl get it. OP said guy got out of his lane to speed up and pass ppl only to get back in the same lane when it ended.

No, he got out of the lane that was backed up and went to the traffic light and stopped. When the light turned green OP accelerated so that the guy couldn't merge. Big difference.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
300 feet was plenty distance for him to not impede traffic in your lane after the lights. Because of him changing lanes an extra car in your lane made through that light. Imagine if 3 or 4 people did that and everyone in both lanes knew how to properly merge...

This post reminds me of a local radio commercial. The gist of it is how people are posting about everything to social media, but some things just shouldn't be posted, as they really just make the poster look bad.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Bottom line is the guy felt entitled, he is better than the rest and don't have to wait in line.... If he had been in that lane all along and was truly merging than that's different. This guy got out of the lane because he didn't want to take his turn thru the light!Let's turn this into a poll!!!! PLEASE

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i like it when people merge early. it means i can pass all of them when i merge up where you're supposed to.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Bottom line is the guy felt entitled, he is better than the rest and don't have to wait in line.... If he had been in that lane all along and was truly merging than that's different. This guy got out of the lane because he didn't want to take his turn thru the light!Let's turn this into a poll!!!! PLEASE
Who cares how he felt or what his motive was. Bottom line is by him changing lanes, more people got through that light before it changed again.

I bet the guy who wouldn't have made the light had mr. entitlement stayed in that lane was happy. Next time maybe that guy will be OP....

If OP had just accelerated as he would have normally at that light, would have been no skin off of anyone's back. mr. entitlement would have sped ahead and not been in any ones way when he merged and probably would have continued his speedy ways down the road, thus not holding up OP later on.

What if OP hadn't seen him switch lanes and for all OP knew the guy was always in that lane. Do you honestly believe OP wouldn't have reacted the in the exact same manner? Maybe not, but that is not a bet I'd want to take. The fact that OP noticed the lane change makes wonder if he is watching for that sort of thing and if this a regular 'game' with him. Maybe, maybe not.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Anybody here understand why traffic cops love their job now? I was a motor officer / deputy sheriff in Florida for twenty years. I raised two daughters during that time. Now they're 18 and 15. Having to work the traffic crashes , mostly serious injury and death as well as conduct enforcement details while not working crashes.
There was no quota! I could write as many tickets as I wanted or warnings.
Besides what I saw and dealt with on the job influencing how I did my job, the fact of having two young girls on the same roads as these a$$holes in their mommas minivan also influenced how often and why my pen went into action.
If you were a dedicated traffic enforcement cop / traffic homicide investigator, would you be super nice and give out warnings all day or can you understand why and how it works now? No, they're not out slinging tickets because the city needs more money.....they actually LIKE being able to DO SOMETHING about a$$hat drivers. County and City money comes in the form of property taxes...in the millions and millions, traffic ticket money is a dew drop in the bucket..divided up by the state and about 2% goes back to the county it came from.
Wouldn't YOU like that ability? Would it piss you off that people then say you only do it for revenue?
Retirement photo and plaque.
Now go get an application and go through the hiring process:) Don't forget....you get to wear a body cam now, so don't even think of being rude.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: