Sponsored

I hate idiots who can't / won't wait in line in traffic

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Bottom line is the guy felt entitled, he is better than the rest and don't have to wait in line.... If he had been in that lane all along and was truly merging than that's different. This guy got out of the lane because he didn't want to take his turn thru the light!Let's turn this into a poll!!!! PLEASE
What difference does it make when he got into the empty lane? So if he got into that lane earlier then he would've been ok? There are TWO lanes there for a reason. Everyone piling up into one lane 100 yards before the merge with a traffic light there is stupid. If everyone uses both lanes then twice the number of cars can get through the light when it turns green and merge later, THAT would help with the congestion more than anything.

i like it when people merge early. it means i can pass all of them when i merge up where you're supposed to.
This.

Who cares how he felt or what his motive was. Bottom line is by him changing lanes, more people got through that light before it changed again.

I bet the guy who wouldn't have made the light had mr. entitlement stayed in that lane was happy. Next time maybe that guy will be OP....

If OP had just accelerated as he would have normally at that light, would have been no skin off of anyone's back. mr. entitlement would have sped ahead and not been in any ones way when he merged and probably would have continued his speedy ways down the road, thus not holding up OP later on.

What if OP hadn't seen him switch lanes and for all OP knew the guy was always in that lane. Do you honestly believe OP wouldn't have reacted the in the exact same manner? Maybe not, but that is not a bet I'd want to take. The fact that OP noticed the lane change makes wonder if he is watching for that sort of thing and if this a regular 'game' with him. Maybe, maybe not.
And this.
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
My opinion is that the lane is there to be used, if it's not being used it's creating congestion. It doesn't matter whether he pulled out of the left lane and got in the right lane to get ahead of traffic (speaking specifically to the OP's situation and not related to people using merging lanes on the highway as a passing lane). It seriously doesn't matter at all. They created the lane for a reason, if you have a problem with someone using the lane as it is intended to be used then you're a DB...it's not a right turn only lane, its a lane designed for merging.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
This argument is hilarious! I've been shaking my head and nodding my head on just about every other post. People seem pretty split down the middle, which is why this type of driving seems to be a problem. These are the emotional attitudes that cause road rage. "How dare so and so get one car length over me. I'll show him..." Now the other guy has to respond by going faster and accelerating his blood pressure. Back and forth it goes until someone loses. Does the guy who lost "learn his lesson" or does he feel emasculated to the point he feels he has to regain his manhood by doing something else stupid?

Listen, I've been behind both sides of the wheel. You get caught up in the adrenaline and justify your actions. It's human nature. We hate to be wrong.

There was one post that made me roll. Something about one car can make you late for work because you'll miss all the lights. If you're cutting it that close you're leaving way too late. My rule of thumb is to allow yourself the amount of time to get somewhere that it would take on the busiest, slowest moving traffic (accidents aside). Doing this I am early to work 90% of the time and when I'm in slow traffic or hit the lights wrong, I'm still on time. Best part about it is I have zero added stress to my driving - which is what causes many accidents - people stressed out that they are late or are in a hurry.

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I always drive defensively to protect my ass...I don't trust any driver in my perimeter hence I react accordingly in a particular situation.In your case I would either have let the mofo go first ahead of time or I would have been aggressive by gunning ahead of him before the lane merge. I always assume other drives in my perimeter are dumb.

Sponsored

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
On the contrary, interstate driving is nuts. I've seen bold drivers in Florida zipping left and right from lane to lane in heavy traffic without turns turning signals...the key thing is to be alert as possible...It's more like online Forza4 racing...It's chaos.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This argument is hilarious! I've been shaking my head and nodding my head on just about every other post. People seem pretty split down the middle, which is why this type of driving seems to be a problem. These are the emotional attitudes that cause road rage. "How dare so and so get one car length over me. I'll show him..." Now the other guy has to respond by going faster and accelerating his blood pressure. Back and forth it goes until someone loses. Does the guy who lost "learn his lesson" or does he feel emasculated to the point he feels he has to regain his manhood by doing something else stupid?

Listen, I've been behind both sides of the wheel. You get caught up in the adrenaline and justify your actions. It's human nature. We hate to be wrong.

There was one post that made me roll. Something about one car can make you late for work because you'll miss all the lights. If you're cutting it that close you're leaving way too late. My rule of thumb is to allow yourself the amount of time to get somewhere that it would take on the busiest, slowest moving traffic (accidents aside). Doing this I am early to work 90% of the time and when I'm in slow traffic or hit the lights wrong, I'm still on time. Best part about it is I have zero added stress to my driving - which is what causes many accidents - people stressed out that they are late or are in a hurry.

I said nothing about work :thumbsup: it was a general comment ;) but wanting to be anywhere at a certain time can be certainly delayed by just one idiot on the road, even if you have given yourself plenty of time

besides that part though I pretty much agree with ya lol

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
guys ....did you not see my video yesterday followed by

/thread?

that means the thread is over now. no more discussion to be had. go watch the video and learn how to properly merge.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My daily commute is along a route that has multiple signal lights. Everyday, drivers tailgate me, weave in and out, etc. and just about disappear ahead of me. I just drive moderately and listen to my favorite songs until I come up to those cars impatiently waiting at the next red light. Then they shoot out just to be stopped again a couple of blocks ahead. You would think they would finally learn their lesson...but they all seem to be related to Homer Simpson.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
You would be surprised how much time one car can add to your commute. It only takes one to get you stuck at every light vs making them all. One car can easily be the difference of making it on time or 5 to 10 minutes later. Also only takes one car to be a rolling road block
I said nothing about work :thumbsup: it was a general comment ;) but wanting to be anywhere at a certain time can be certainly delayed by just one idiot on the road, even if you have given yourself plenty of time

besides that part though I pretty much agree with ya lol
I didn't quote you in my comment for that reason :) I simply used your generalization of "One car can easily be the difference of making it on time or 5 to 10 minutes later." And applied one obvious interpretation of it to what I see on the road every morning. It wasn't a direct response to you or a lecture on how you don't know how to manage your time. But technically the philosophy translates in a general context as well...

When traveling by vehicle: allow yourself more time than you need when you are expected somewhere at a certain time.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, I wasn't taking it as a lecture, I just wanted to clarify.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Agree with OP. I do the same thing because most of my driving is to and from work...in rush hour. I'm assuming everyone is also going to and from work and should KNOW the road of their route. Meaning, they should know what lanes are about to merge/end but instead they go down to the last second, and even partly in the shoulder, to dive in line last second. It's ridiculous. Those are the asshats I block. Every. Single. Time.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
OP, I do this all the time on my sport bikes... I don't like following larger vehicles on two lane roads because I feel like I get "lost" in the traffic and then become more prone to other drivers not seeing me. 99% of the time I am uncontested at a green light though, as Ive yet to line up against any vehicle that can launch hard enough to out acclerate me... (its' amazing how many people ACTUALLY do try) but I agree, if some dick in a car is just doing it to avoid rush hour, im with you

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
Agree with OP. I do the same thing because most of my driving is to and from work...in rush hour. I'm assuming everyone is also going to and from work and should KNOW the road of their route. Meaning, they should know what lanes are about to merge/end but instead they go down to the last second, and even partly in the shoulder, to dive in line last second. It's ridiculous. Those are the asshats I block. Every. Single. Time.
my god...you guys make me want to bash my skull into the wall repeatedly...don't even take the time to read anything before posting responses.
Sponsored