Sponsored

I hate idiots who can't / won't wait in line in traffic

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i only get pissed when people A- cut me off and then i normally just blow their doors off lol and B- when people tailgate and i usually slow down alot with out brake checking them just to piss them off
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Some context. It is a well traveled road. The merge lane is there more for right hand turns from the ligt to stay out of the way of the main traffic lane.

You know for over a mile, the right lane ends. Most people begin to move over to prepare.

Again, this guy was 4 or 5 cars back, pulled out of line thinking he could just move to the front. So in my book, he was being a jerk, so i blocked him.

Wait in line like the rest of us,

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
From the OPs account, sounds like the other driver was in the process of performing a completely legal maneuver. The OP then felt that he is the self appointed traffic gestapo, and accelerated enough to keep the other driver from legally merging. Wait, and who's the idiot in this scenario?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I agree with OP. Wait your damned turn in line! This is why my '95 GT got totaled out. Impatient woman tucked in right behind me on an interstate merge and didn't leave enough room for the cars behind her to slow down. Her impatience caused a 5 car pileup.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
From the OPs account, sounds like the other driver was in the process of performing a completely legal maneuver. The OP then felt that he is the self appointed traffic gestapo, and accelerated enough to keep the other driver from legally merging. Wait, and who's the idiot in this scenario?
Exactly.

Some context. It is a well traveled road. The merge lane is there more for right hand turns from the ligt to stay out of the way of the main traffic lane.

You know for over a mile, the right lane ends. Most people begin to move over to prepare.

Again, this guy was 4 or 5 cars back, pulled out of line thinking he could just move to the front. So in my book, he was being a jerk, so i blocked him.

Wait in line like the rest of us,
If there was a line of traffic already moving and at the merge and he came flying up and tried to squeeze in at the last second I could see your point. You both being stopped at a traffic light with 100 yards of room for him to merge doesn't make him a jerk. Someone that intentionally accelerates faster than they would have in order to prevent someone from daring to get in front of them? Yeah...

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
classic 2 lanes into 1. I am in in front of the left lane that continues. about 4 cars behind me, some tool in an acura pulls out of line into the right lane, that about 300 feet after the stop light ends, and has to merge left.

As soon as the light turns green he takes off. So at about 60% throttle 0-60, I stay just on his door. Just when he is about to run out of lane he tucks his tail between his legs and slams on the brakes.

I know what I did was childish, but if people would just wait in line, traffic would flow smoother for everyone else.
I typically stay in both lanes to block people from doing this (depending on how far til the full merge, I'll only do it 1 car length in front of the ended lane, only blocking people driving on the side of the road).

Last edited:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
i only get pissed when people A- cut me off and then i normally just blow their doors off lol and B- when people tailgate and i usually slow down alot with out brake checking them just to piss them off
At least you know NOT to brake check them. A good way to get your rear dented.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Here in Minnesota, that is called 'zipper merging' and it's a new law. They want the 'merging' lane traffic to proceed right up to the final merging section and the straight- through lane traffic HAS to allow the merging traffic room to zipper into the their lane. In the past, people would try to merge over quite a distance before the mandatory merging and it caused more congestion. MNDOT found that zippering cut down congestion considerably. So in Minnesota, you will get a ticket if you block zippering traffic.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
OP was right. The other guy was wrong. End of story.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Fact: Everything naturally speeds up when traveling through a venturi except traffic.

Sponsored

5.0Fireman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff
I've been the one rushing to take a crap wanting to be in front, but I have also been the one on the straight lane not wanting someone in front of me (less rocks on my hood from hot tires). So I really can't take sides here. I'm pretty sure most of us here have been both also. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I've been the one rushing to take a crap wanting to be in front, . :thumbsup:
Same. So that is why I self admitted being a little childish.

The kicker for me was he was in line, but pulled out becuase he just wanted to get in front of everyone.

So no need to re merge if you will. Its guys like this that creat traffic problems.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
I agree with OP cause that zipper-merging is so common around here but almost everybody treats it like their driving it while in Drivers Ed :rant:

I'd I've been in a similar situation. A ratty GMC truck was coming up behind me out of nowhere as we went into a merge lane and was in such a hurry/need to get ahead of me that he actually went halfway into the shoulder (it was on a highway so he had plenty of asphalt but still) just to zoom ahead of me cause he didn't want me to merge ahead of him. Being the smart one, I breaked a bit so he wouldn't get sandwiched between me and the highway wall if I was to speed up. And this guy sure wasn't in a sudden hurry to get to something urgent because once he was ahead he slowed down to the normal speed :paddle:

Thing is, you can't tell what other assholes will do on the road and it's best to take it as a grain of salt if a wreck is avoided and drive defensively as much as you can. Though sometimes around dangerous drivers, the best way to avoid them is simply get ahead of them. Just be careful in whatever method you choose to do that.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Here in Minnesota, that is called 'zipper merging' and it's a new law. They want the 'merging' lane traffic to proceed right up to the final merging section and the straight- through lane traffic HAS to allow the merging traffic room to zipper into the their lane. In the past, people would try to merge over quite a distance before the mandatory merging and it caused more congestion. MNDOT found that zippering cut down congestion considerably. So in Minnesota, you will get a ticket if you block zippering traffic.
This.

Works great in the Twin Cities, but elsewhere in MN people are too stupid to get it.....

S550FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Cannot stand those idiots, they're the ones that end up slowing traffic down and making it worse for everybody. Same thing on the freeway when people dont merge for construction until the last second creating a massive traffic jam as they try to squeeze in.
Sponsored