Sponsored

I hate idiots who can't / won't wait in line in traffic

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
my god...you guys make me want to bash my skull into the wall repeatedly...don't even take the time to read anything before posting responses.
Good, please go bash your head in then if that's what you desire. Heaven forbid people having different opinions!
Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Different opinions are great, it's just a lot better when they're also informed.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
it's fine for you to have an opinion on something that is like "that thing is pretty" "that thing is ugly"

it's not fine for you to have an opinion on something that has been studied by people much smarter than both you or me. it's faster to use all lanes available, period. regardless or not whether you travel the road everyday or not.

now, being a jerk and trying to block people from using a legal lane can not only result in you getting a citation for failure to maintain a lane, you could also just piss off the wrong person, and would you really want to risk that?

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
it's fine for you to have an opinion on something that is like "that thing is pretty" "that thing is ugly"

it's not fine for you to have an opinion on something that has been studied by people much smarter than both you or me. it's faster to use all lanes available, period. regardless or not whether you travel the road everyday or not.

now, being a jerk and trying to block people from using a legal lane can not only result in you getting a citation for failure to maintain a lane, you could also just piss off the wrong person, and would you really want to risk that?

Well said, bud! :cheers:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Agree with OP. I do the same thing because most of my driving is to and from work...in rush hour. I'm assuming everyone is also going to and from work and should KNOW the road of their route. Meaning, they should know what lanes are about to merge/end but instead they go down to the last second, and even partly in the shoulder, to dive in line last second. It's ridiculous. Those are the asshats I block. Every. Single. Time.
:frusty:

Sponsored

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
I agree on using another lane, and I agree on people letting others merge. I thought the OP meant, and what I meant was the people that try to merge last second because they HAVE to get in front of one or two more cars.

You have this long merge line, everyone needs to zipper in, and others just keep driving down to pass as many cars as they can and then force their way in, in the last second of lane or most cases part of the shoulder. Doing all of this when they KNOW their lane is ending. Those are the people I block. They know damn well they could have merged sooner.

Did I misread what the OP meant initial post? Because I have no issues with people merging in front of me as I'm sure most of you don't either.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I agree on using another lane, and I agree on people letting others merge. I thought the OP meant, and what I meant was the people that try to merge last second because they HAVE to get in front of one or two more cars.

You have this long merge line, everyone needs to zipper in, and others just keep driving down to pass as many cars as they can and then force their way in, in the last second of lane or most cases part of the shoulder. Doing all of this when they KNOW their lane is ending. Those are the people I block. They know damn well they could have merged sooner.

Did I misread what the OP meant initial post? Because I have no issues with people merging in front of me as I'm sure most of you son't either.
The OP purposely kept pace with the car so the car could not get in. Complete asshat move.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
The OP purposely kept pace with the car so the car could not get in. Complete asshat move.
Because the guy was trying to jump in last second to beat more cars, instead of merging sooner like everyone else...correct? Ya, I'd block him too. He's the asshat who doesn't want to merge when he could have, instead he decided to force himself in at the end.

I swear I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I have no idea why someone waiting till the last second and forcing themselves in causing you to hit the brakes immediately is ok with you guys...

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Because the guy was trying to jump in last second to beat more cars, instead of merging sooner like everyone else...correct? Ya, I'd block him too. He's the asshat who doesn't want to merge when he could have, instead he decided to force himself in at the end.

I swear I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I have no idea why someone waiting till the last second and forcing themselves in causing you to hit the brakes immediately is ok with you guys...
No, I don't think that is correct. No one was forcing anything. While the light was red, the car decided to pull out into the lane that had no cars in it. OP took offense to this and decided it was his civic duty to not let him merge - or at least not let him merge in front of him.

There was 300 feet of merge lane (according to OP) after the light. The merge lane is there after the lights for a reason.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I'd have just simply blown by him and left him to merge behind me. So using your zipper analogy he could be to inner tooth, I am the lead one.

Now the mentality of pushing the merging lane to and past the lined extent just to gain a car length is what causes many of the traffic jams and accidents down here. Many people are fine with the let one car in ahead of you, then you go, then another behind, etc. But the ones who see the emergency lane as simply an extended merging area are f$ckwads, and deserve whatever road rage events they generate.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red

MERGING SOONER IS SLOWER FOR EVERYONE

Last edited:

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Ugh, this is useless. Agree to disagree. I'm out of ways to explain myself. Out.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
No, I don't think that is correct. No one was forcing anything. While the light was red, the car decided to pull out into the lane that had no cars in it. OP took offense to this and decided it was his civic duty to not let him merge - or at least not let him merge in front of him.

There was 300 feet of merge lane (according to OP) after the light. The merge lane is there after the lights for a reason.
And thank you on this. I get what you're saying. This is a bit different then a normal merge on a highway. The guy wanted to beat him on the light before his lane ran out, and OP stayed even with him so he couldn't.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
First rule of traffic: Everyone thinks they're the most important person in the traffic.
Reading all these posts have proven my theory. It now becomes the first law of traffic.
Sponsored