Sponsored

I Guess It Doesn't Matter Where You Park?

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry.
ugh, those people are the worst. backing into spot is only for middle of night when there's no one that would need to wait for you.
I back into pretty much every spot...I don't see how its a problem.
Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
The only protection is to use a car cover; I am trying to use it as often as I can. One place I always use it is in my garage at home, because I know another car will be parking next to my Stang. At work they they think I am strange----my car is the only one in a large lot with a car cover. My family walks (runs) away when I go to the trunk to get the car cover out

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I was pleasantly surprised on how much volume my trunk has. I was thinking about storing a couple of orange construction cones in there and placing them in empty adjacent parking spaces. LOL.
interesting.... that's actually pretty funny

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anytime I see someone back into a spot, they are blocking me from getting somewhere because they just HAD to back into the spot.
so the extra 5 seconds spent waiting for someone else to do what they're doing is wasting your time? haha. keep doing what your doing man.
do you have bad road rage too? because if there were no other cars on the road you'd be able to get to where you're going faster....

Sponsored

MrPotato

Envious Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fusion SE 202A in Guard
Anyone park across two spots, or is that too douchey?

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Way douchey....people will be even more prone to screw with you at that point.

I hate parking at the back of the lot to end up with people parked next to me as well. Though not much you can do about human nature.

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Way douchey....people will be even more prone to screw with you at that point.

I hate parking at the back of the lot to end up with people parked next to me as well. Though not much you can do about human nature.

Yup, way douchey

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
sorry.
ugh, those people are the worst. backing into spot is only for middle of night when there's no one that would need to wait for you.
Really? I don't back into a spot if it's a busy parking lot and I want to claim the spot pronto. Otherwise I find a spot far away from the herd and back into it, only takes a few more seconds to do so, and it ensures greater safety (visibility) when it's time to go.

Parked way off at the end of a bank's parking lot and two high-schoolers rode up on
bikes and proclaimed that they were going to steal my car. So I replied that I was "toting" and they better drive away quick. Well I did not have a gun but for a second I kinda wish that I had one. One of the punks proclaimed that they were only BSing' me...then they said they had never seen the new "Tang" and it was "way cool". I went into the bank and kept a look-out on my car through the window. I expected they might key it...but they did not. After leaving the bank, I saw the two boys a few blocks away and they tried to follow me down the road. Such is the attraction of the new body style. I'm not sure these guys would have been so bold if I had parked closer to the entrance to the bank's entrance. Just saying...
If someone wanted to steal your car, they sure as hell wouldn't say that they were going to do so in front of you.

You should park diagonally across three spots, use orange cones, draw a chalk line around the outside of the cones, and then hover all around the car with your hand close to your hip or inner jacket pocket.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Really? I don't back into a spot if it's a busy parking lot and I want to claim the spot pronto. Otherwise I find a spot far away from the herd and back into it, only takes a few more seconds to do so, and it ensures greater safety (visibility) when it's time to go.

If someone wanted to steal your car, they sure as hell wouldn't say that they were going to do so in front of you.

You should park diagonally across three spots, use orange cones, draw a chalk line around the outside of the cones, and then hover all around the car with your hand close to your hip or inner jacket pocket.
Pretty much all of this. With the front end on the PP cars sitting low, i get nervous pulling into a spot that has a massive parking curb in front. I like to back in, just to be safe i do not bump that. It IS easier to pull out of a spot once you have backed in vs pulling straight in. Just my two cents, but i agree.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
If you do that you're really just asking for it from the jerks out there.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Pretty much all of this. With the front end on the PP cars sitting low, i get nervous pulling into a spot that has a massive parking curb in front. I like to back in, just to be safe i do not bump that. It IS easier to pull out of a spot once you have backed in vs pulling straight in. Just my two cents, but i agree.
It is a lot safer to drive out of a parking spot into cross traffic because you have much more visibility than if you back up, and you can more easily spot kids around or near your car. Even adults don't pay attention to parked cars as they are walking through the parking lot - they don't check the taillights / reverse lights, they don't look at the driver's seat to see if anybody's there, they don't look at the tailpipes, etc. The last thing I want is to run someone over and have my entire life ruined because of an idiot who can't keep their eyes off their smartphone while walking through a parking lot.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
It is a lot safer to drive out of a parking spot into cross traffic because you have much more visibility than if you back up, and you can more easily spot kids around or near your car. Even adults don't pay attention to parked cars as they are walking through the parking lot - they don't check the taillights / reverse lights, they don't look at the driver's seat to see if anybody's there, they don't look at the tailpipes, etc. The last thing I want is to run someone over and have my entire life ruined because of an idiot who can't keep their eyes off their smartphone while walking through a parking lot.
Pedestrians on foot are bad, but the people who zip thru parking lots just to find the best spot before the other person does are the worst. I cant tell you how many times i have been backing out of a spot SLOWLY and constantly looking both directions only to have someone fly behind me at the last second as i just get the back bumper of my car into view of them. They dont care and are oblivious to vehicles backing out of spots. Idiots, all of them.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I went ito UPS in a stripmall 30 min ago and was in there 2 min and went out to get the 2nd package and someone rested a shopping cart from a neighboring store against my front bumper. Luckily on the rubber bumper of the cart by WTF. People are assholes I swear; who does that to an obviously new car instead of being less fat and lazy and walking the car 2 feet to an empty spot.
Sponsored