Sponsored

I Guess It Doesn't Matter Where You Park?

JWMGR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Probably falls in the following stats concerning people.
1/3 of people respect other folks and their stuff and will act to protect others
1/3 of people are not really thinking about much, but will not delibrately hurt others
1/3 of people want to diminish what other people have and some in this group will act to delibrately hurt others
So it really does not matter where you park! it only matters who you cross paths with?
These ratio's pretty well match all that goes on in work, play, and life- Which group are you in?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
There should be a 4th category, the group who see stuff happen and do nothing because it doesn't directly affect them.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
A few other guys and I always park in the back lot at work. One day a co-worker stopped by to chat and asked why I park so far away. I said, "for the workout! What's the point of buying a gym membership or using a fitbit to track your steps if you're just going to park next to the door?" Half my co-workers fight over the parking spots closest to the door then go work out at lunch. Makes zero sense to me.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Sounds like most of you guys have bad luck when parking. I always park at the end of the parking lots and if possible use a corner spot to reduce the chances by half of the dreaded door ding. I'm in Tampa Bay area so parking lots are usually 3/4 full and rarely do I find someone parked next to me. Maybe I'm just lucky??

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes it’s true I park the Mustang in the back of the lot, no matter where I am...... but I also park the Fusion with 184k miles on it in the back of the lot as well.
I personally think it’s crazy to watch these people circle around and try and squeeze in the spots right out front.. but hey it frees up the spots out back for me.
@SloRyd You brought a thread back from the dead.
Necromancer.png

I will let the following picture do the talking.
20190824_103148.jpg

I came out of the gym to see this beat up Hyundai Accent parked next to me. The closer I walked the more concerned I got because this person clearly did not treat their own car with any respect given the various signs of body damage that I saw. I was afraid I was going to find a dent in my passenger door. But after careful inspection, everything was ok. I was not going to leave if that MF'er had damaged my car. I was prepared to wait for them if that happened.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@SloRyd You brought a thread back from the dead.
Necromancer.png

20190824_103148.jpg

I came out of the gym to see this beat up Toyota Echo parked next to me. The closer I walked the more concerned I got because this person clearly did not treat their own car with any respect given the various signs of body damage that I saw. I was afraid I was going to find a dent in my passenger door. But after careful inspection, everything was ok. I was not going to leave if that MF'er had damaged my car. I was prepared to wait for them if that happened.
Omg I looked at the date on the post before mine! 🤣 ya your boy late to the party, but this thread still relevant today as ever..

Being on vacation for the week it let me catch up on some old reading 😁

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I went in to UPS Store. I purposely drove to the far side of the lot with lots of empty spaces, purposely chose a spot so I could put three empty spaces to either side. I came out and saw this. It reminded me of this thread.

20210206_140038.jpg

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
@SloRyd

20190824_103148.jpg

I came out of the gym to see this beat up Hyundai Accent parked next to me. The closer I walked the more concerned I got because this person clearly did not treat their own car with any respect given the various signs of body damage that I saw. I was afraid I was going to find a dent in my passenger door. But after careful inspection, everything was ok. I was not going to leave if that MF'er had damaged my car. I was prepared to wait for them if that happened.
If I owned that sweet Hyundai I'd be pissed you parked that POS so close to it! :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's 100% the car that does it. I've always parked far out in nowhere, mostly because I actually like walking and having visibility of everything when I leave a parking lot. If you're up front in the thick of it, it's just a nightmare trying to leave.

If I'm driving my Taurus, nobody ever parks next to me even if I park in the boonies. If I'm in the Mustang, you bet someone will park next to me. Same principle applies at work as well. In fact, I received my first door ding/paint chip when the car had 500 miles on it from some dickbag at work. But I guess in a way I'd rather get that out of the way early than obsess about every rock chip and ding.

I will say that generally I think people do it more often because they want to look at your car as they walk in, I doubt it's truly malicious all that often. It's worth realizing there are plenty of people who would love to own a Mustang, but can't because of money or practicality reasons.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There might be another explanation as well. Someone who owns a beautiful - and clean - Mustang is most probably an attentive person, who will be very careful when opening the doors, whereas someone driving an old beater might not give a damn if they damage their car, let alone somebody else's. It's safer to park next to a Mustang than to a Taurus.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
purposely chose a spot so I could put three empty spaces to either side.
As you learned the hard way, 3 is too few. Ha ha. You could have parked on the space in front, but I'd have parked even farther away. Walking is good for you anyway :). But yes, even if you park like 50 spaces away, there might be a d*ck who might still park next to you, but that's rare. Wish my Bullitt had all the cameras my Tesla does, along with 'sentry' mode, which records from every camera (it has 6) when somebody gets close to the car. It even warns people if they get too close. It's cool.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I disagree with people saying they are parking next to your because they will be safer. Otherwise they would just park by themselves. People are just being a d*car. That's my car in the middle. I parked way away from everyone and not like an ass. I had to slide sideways to get into my car.

20180609_140316.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I find that it happens regardless of which car I'm driving. People must think no vehicle should be left alone. :)