Sponsored

I Finally Did It!

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Went into one of my local Ford dealers the yesterday and placed an order, for a 2017 GT Premium Performance Pack in Magnetic Grey. Excited, that I might have beat the deadline. Was extremely nervous, as I have never special ordered from Ford and don't know how the process works.

How long did it take for any of you to receive an email from on your order? Mine was placed Monday evening, so hopefully I'll hear something on Tuesday. Hope everything does go smoothly and the order has no chance of being rejected.

I ordered everything pretty much, so I'm a bit concerned that this late in the game, some of my choices in options will not make it. I chose a '17, as I can't get over the 2018 front end and realized this was the very last chance for me to special order a new Mustang, until 2021's S550.

Do I have nothing to worry about?
vehicle.png
vehicle (1).png
vehicle (2).png
vehicle (3).png
vehicle (4).png
Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Only problem I can see is the color but fortunately you got the 2nd best color available.
Yea, Im busting your chops and I love magnetic, enjoy.

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I ordered my GTPP and it was delivered to my house in just under one month.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great choice - congratulations! You have great taste, that's exactly what I have on the way, picking mine up Thursday :)

Order process over here in the UK is completely different so can't comment on that...

Sponsored

Mr. Dad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT w/PP Magnetic 6 spd; 2005 F150 FX4
Congrats! Back in March this year I factory ordered almost the exact car you did (except no blind spot monitoring option). I finally received it June 15. Took longer than I wanted, and it was pouring down rain when I went to the dealer to pick it up, but it was worth it completely. I love this car. I hope yours gets to you quicker than mine did. I didn't get email updates directly from Ford but my salesguy sent me weekly updates on the status and emailed the window sticker as soon as it was created.

I was anxious to get an order in before the end of the '17 run just because I wasn't sold on the new design and the lack of information for the '18s. I also figured if they haven't worked out the kinks in this car by now they never will so just go for it.

Here's a pic right after I got it home to whet your whistle. Since this pic I've changed out the badges for matte black ones (much better imo) and have a new shift knob from Raceseng to install when I have time. Car has a whole 316 miles on it now...

34549127134_833b0f85a3_b.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing to worry about is which exhaust to put on it on Day 1 :lol:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Mustang also I'm thinking it took a little over a month for it to come in. Nice choice enjoy :thumbsup:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Nice choice!

31240458704_bbaa8977b1_h.jpg

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
That color was my first choice, but my wife wanted red.

Enjoy! I am 63, and love my GT/CA.

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Waiting for a dealer swap for my 17 Magnetic PPGT 401A. Should be here thursday. Great choice man!

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Congrats! Can't go wrong with Magnetic.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Went into one of my local Ford dealers the yesterday and placed an order, for a 2017 GT Premium Performance Pack in Magnetic Grey. Excited, that I might have beat the deadline. Was extremely nervous, as I have never special ordered from Ford and don't know how the process works.

How long did it take for any of you to receive an email from on your order? Mine was placed Monday evening, so hopefully I'll hear something on Tuesday. Hope everything does go smoothly and the order has no chance of being rejected.

I ordered everything pretty much, so I'm a bit concerned that this late in the game, some of my choices in options will not make it. I chose a '17, as I can't get over the 2018 front end and realized this was the very last chance for me to special order a new Mustang, until 2021's S550.

Do I have nothing to worry about?
What options did you pick ?

Looks like from the configurator pics you selected Recaro redline seats (leather = Premium) ?
Toggle switches and large screen = Premium?

If you're getting a Premium (400a or 401a), I'd say don't get the Recaros. You lose out on cooled & heated seats. And if you're getting the 401a, you also lose out on the memory seat positioning. HUGE minuses.

I have Recaros and while I love the way they look, they're a pain in the ass (literally) to get in & out of. And I REALLY wish I had ventilated cooled seats during the summer. If you're in a cold climate you'll miss the heated seats too.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
What options did you pick ?

Looks like from the configurator pics you selected Recaro redline seats (leather = Premium) ?
Toggle switches and large screen = Premium?

If you're getting a Premium (400a or 401a), I'd say don't get the Recaros. You lose out on cooled & heated seats. And if you're getting the 401a, you also lose out on the memory seat positioning. HUGE minuses.

I have Recaros and while I love the way they look, they're a pain in the ass (literally) to get in & out of. And I REALLY wish I had ventilated cooled seats during the summer. If you're in a cold climate you'll miss the heated seats too.

It's a tough decision. I went with the heated/cooled seats and am very happy with my decision, but the Recaros do look nice. My only issue with the stock leather is the seat bottom area tends to wrinkle after sitting in it a few times.
Sponsored