I discovered some stowaways under my hood

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium
I was under the hood doing a little poking around (not very mechanically inclined but it's nice to see what's going on under there), and decided to remove the radiator cover to check out the grille "shutters". I immediately noticed something to the radiator.

I don't THINK anything calls it home (I just got back from a road trip Sunday and hadn't noticed any buzzing lol). What's the best way to remove it without damaging anything on the car?
IMG_20200729_135242.jpg
Sponsored

BDStang2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Kona Blue manual
I was under the hood doing a little poking around (not very mechanically inclined but it's nice to see what's going on under there), and decided to remove the radiator cover to check out the grille "shutters". I immediately noticed something to the radiator.

I don't THINK anything calls it home (I just got back from a road trip Sunday and hadn't noticed any buzzing lol). What's the best way to remove it without damaging anything on the car?
IMG_20200729_135242.jpg
I would start by hitting it with water from a hose. You can probably just wash it off without having to scrape anything...

BD

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just pull it off? It's a wasp's nest or something, it's like paper mache'.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Just make sure nobody's home and then knock it off.

OP
OP
Drewgamer

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium
Thanks all! I had to double check before I went at with hose/stick and ended up damaging the radiator fins or shorting something out.

Still not sure how it got there as (even though I work from home) I take the car out for a spin several times a week.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks all! I had to double check before I went at with hose/stick and ended up damaging the radiator fins or shorting something out.

Still not sure how it got there as (even though I work from home) I take the car out for a spin several times a week.
You're worrying too much. Even if you slightly bent a radiator fin, it doesn't hurt anything, and there's nothing to short out. It's most likely going to be easy to remove. If it's baked on there, just soak it with the hose for awhile.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Grab a rag and pick it off.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Kill it with fire!

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I can see you are from the great state of South Carolina. So I would assume there are no laws stating you must contact the state wildlife and fish. You may need a permit or buy a license to kill innocent life, especially babies in the womb. Check with state first, since this has been posted on social media, they rule by regulation not law.

Could be on the endangered species list. If you were living in certain western states it very well could be an issue, those state agencies may cause the car not be moved until babies are hatched.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or talk about it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Mud dobbers don’t sting. Just make a mess.
Sponsored