I de tuned my car

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nothing wrong with de-turning. If you are going to taker your car to the track or race it, by all means mod it, make it a drag car and go for mega HP. For regular driving on the street the GT provides way more than enough HP- stock and base in my opinion. I have a base GT and drive it "normally" on the street. It has way more HP than I will ever use- it accelerates effortlessly, is fun to drive and handles awesome. There's always someone that's going to be more aggressive with their foot, regardless the car- they can go by me, beat me off the line, pass me at 100 on the highway, I could care less- let them get in an accident or a ticket. I'll put put along and keep my insurance rates rock bottom low and enjoy multiple cars and trucks!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This sounds like the debate I'm having with myself on a Whipple or a centrifugal charger. Trying to get traction on street tires with a Whipple and 3.73's is going to be laughable. I'd have to change the gears to even have a chance, but I know I would need better rubber. This is another reason why I'm leaning on the centrifugal style ones for usable power in the 600-650ish range.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like the debate I'm having with myself on a Whipple or a centrifugal charger. Trying to get traction on street tires with a Whipple and 3.73's is going to be laughable. I'd have to change the gears to even have a chance, but I know I would need better rubber. This is another reason why I'm leaning on the centrifugal style ones for usable power in the 600-650ish range.
Even at 600-650 you will spin. I was at around 650 at the wheel and I have a 6R80 and it was just silly. At my age too much work and even worse with a stick. The other problem is that the more power you make the more things are going to break. clutches, spindles, oil pump gears, drive shaft ect... Been there done that. It takes deep pockets to get, keep and use high power and if you get it and don't use it what's the point. At 650 at the wheels you will get killed on the street by every M3, WRX and audi around and even the Focus RS will clean your clock unless you have a good distance to go and want to go over 125mph on the street. If I need to go faster I can drop the other tune in and go to the track. As always to each his own.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
these are lies, i have a centri and its still not usable on the street.. you have to daily drag radials if you want to put your foot down

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
these are lies, i have a centri and its still not usable on the street.. you have to daily drag radials if you want to put your foot down
With a JT trim, I wouldn't expect you to get traction either. I'd probably run the smaller one.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
With a JT trim, I wouldn't expect you to get traction either. I'd probably run the smaller one.
this is the smallest for the 18, even when i only had 580 in my 16 GT same thing. for boosted cars need a drag radial unless youre doing 60+ rolls lol

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I run drag radials exclusively and with 600-650 they did not hook either. Much better than the P zeros but still spin city.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
this is the smallest for the 18, even when i only had 580 in my 16 GT same thing. for boosted cars need a drag radial unless youre doing 60+ rolls lol
Ah, didn't realize that was the smallest you could go on the 18. I was thinking the V3 trim. I know the JT is the same as the Novi2200SL but those are still bigger.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I run drag radials exclusively and with 600-650 they did not hook either. Much better than the P zeros but still spin city.
what radials? any tire should grip much better than stock pirreli.. lol i like the MT street SS

Ah, didn't realize that was the smallest you could go on the 18. I was thinking the V3 trim. I know the JT is the same as the Novi2200SL but those are still bigger.
right, but once you get into boost it wont matter what it is. 500+ whp is hard to use on the street at any kind of low speed lol

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Well to be fair you have 731RWHP not 600-650. I would like to hear more from those with 600-650 RWHP like Stage 1 PD's and Centris on pump.

My Superbikes all have far more power-to-weight and power-to-traction than what we are talking about here. Sans Traction, Stability and Wheelie control electronic aids, WOT in the power band just isn't a realistic concept until near triple digits.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Well to be fair you have 731RWHP not 600-650. I would like to hear more from those with 600-650 RWHP like Stage 1 PD's and Centris on pump.

My Superbikes all have far more power-to-weight and power-to-traction than what we are talking about here. Sans Traction, Stability and Wheelie control electronic aids, WOT in the power band just isn't a realistic concept until near triple digits.
my last car was a 580 whp roush car. and traction was tough my best traction was 325/30/19 MPS4S, only 520wtq and i would have to roll into 2nd. motorcycle traction is much different than car. far less tq and less resistance. trust me any thing boosted and youre dancing the throttle to keep traction until XXmph. Unless you want to run a drag radial. i believe street SS on my car would hold in most situations

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I have just a Roush stage one tune in mine so probably just a little less than 600 wheel and it is silly. First and second can only get half throttle or so before breaking loose. Only in third can I even think about wot if I want my tires to last. Even in fourth it will break loose in the rain with no effort. It’s all good on the highway on a dry day if that means anything.

This thread has made me reconsider upping the power. Unless you’re tracking it, the big power numbers are just for bragging it seems. Keep in mind I have done no suspension work yet so ymmv. I don’t race people and all I really wanted was a bit more passing power on the highway. I sure got that in spades.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I run Niito's

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
650 to the wheels with a stage 2 whipple. 305 summer tires are a joke. You learn to slowly bring on the power. Mashing the throttle is laughable . For how I use the car I dont need anymore hp.
Sponsored