Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Some of these posts resonate with me, a lot. Been a diehard BMW fan boy for years, and somewhat still am. I have owned close to a dozen pre-owned BMW cars since 2002, ranginf from various E46 chassis (M3 included), and E39 M5. I still own a 2011 X3 35i as my daily/winter practical car today, and love it.

I was an HPDE instructor for about 6 years and drove a track-prepped 135i/N55 engine. I sold it about 3 years ago. For the past few months (winter time here in Canada), I was ready to get back to owning a dual duty street/track duty car.. and was torn as well between a 2019-2022 M2, Camaro SS 1LE, and the Mach 1. The Camaro did not do it for me in terms of looks and reduced greenhouse. The only M2 worth having was the ClubSport as it comes with dynamic suspension, carbon brake rotors, and S55 engine, but pricing is in the stratosphere. The second best one is a 2019+ with the very reliable and efficient S58 engine, but it does not have dynamic dampers. Let's not even discuss the 2023+ M2, with it's Fugly front end ...

I ended up buying a 9000 Kms (5600 Miles) Shadow Black 2022 Mach1 HP 6-speed Tremec, with no options other than Recaro cloth seats, under base warranty, I bought it $15K CAD under MSRP, from a Ford dealership in another province. Never saw it in person, test drove one, nor sat in one prior to pulling the trigger. Sales Rep send me a few pics, a walk-around video, and I watched multiple YOUTUBE reviews. That was enough for me to get hooked I got it delivered by a commercial car carrier last week. The M1 HP handles better than any BMW's I have owned, the Recaro's hug you even with the standard 3-point seat belt, and the sound the M1 makes is beastly. Total experience of the seven sense ... Cant wait to try it out on the track, but so far, the street manners and flexibility provided by the multiple drive modes makes this car the perfect dual duty street/track toy...

The gurney spoiler flap has been installed after the below pic was taken, and the lower front splitter was missing on the car. Still undecided on buying and installing due to our bad roads here in Quebec...
418986802_744236481170774_2201170390294334219_n.jpg
Congrats on your mach1! Your driving experience says a lot about your decision and how capable the mach1 is per price point and can embarrass other performance cars slightly above. Look forward to hearing back once you have more time in the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
of course. And you can address me henceforth as 'toNoh'.

The embarrasing bit is despite 17 years in-country in Japanese school K-9 the language is harder to follow than it should be. Then again it IS period-correct Ohsaka-ben, I suspect even full-blooded Japanese natives under the age of 50 would struggle a bit too. Esp those of us who live in Edo and speak Kantoh-ben.

Also I think the recording studio is not helping the voice track maintain necessary clarity.
Hai!! toNoh-sama, They are speaking 16th Century Japanese. Nothing to be embarrassed about. My wife, native Japanese born and bred, also said it was a very old version of Japanese, she sometimes had to look at the subtitles. The audio is an issue for a lot of shows now, the way its compressed. I saw the 1980s version when I was a freshman in high school and read the book. I am already bumming for the fact there is only a few episodes left. Feudal Japan has always fascinated me.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Those are two really fun to drive old P cars. They should be very economical to maintain, too. I had a 67(?) 911 with a replacement engine many years ago. Very crude, but it was a blast to toss around. Just don't take your foot off the gas in the middle of a turn.
Yep... Rule number one with one of the rear engine air cooled Porsche is to drive it like you would ride a motorcycle in the twisties.

The one benefit with the 912 is the motor is lighter and it is almost a perfect 50/50 balance with a full tank of fuel. My motor is highly modified and puts out around 150 horsepower, so it is a total blast.

I'm still hoping to stumble on a gym that's been sitting in someone's garage. That's what happens with this 944 S2. Cosmetically the car's almost perfect. I bought it from a 90-year-old family friend and the car had been sitting for at least 10 years.

I've never really been interested in the 944. Would absolutely love a 928S, but the 944 was just not one that drew me in. I bought it because it was an excellent price, and also committed to take the original owner for a drive this summer.

The way they are appreciating probably will sell in the next 5 years and roll the money into some other car project. Unless of course it has its hooks in me.

IMG_20240316_155241097_HDR.jpg

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
BTW guys M2 autos run 11.7@122mph, it did 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Quite a bit better than a A10 S550 or S650. A manual M2 runs near what an A10 Mustang runs. Lets not forget you can add a JB4 or Dinan controller and you add 100hp for $600.00 where an M2 will have near 600rwhp. These cars put down stock 450rwhp stock, BMW so underrated these cars. Not to mention they are a little lighter than the Mustang.

I got the M2 for $1500 under MSRP for a total of $63499. My Mustang that I ordered was $56K but I got it at invoice so around $53200. Yet the M2 leases better...

It was just listening to my Mustang drive off with its Borla Switchfire and Ford Performance by Borla exhaust rumbling away, made me realize I am going to miss that beautiful music.

I didn't want to cross reference one magazine test with another, but here are some Car and Driver. I didn't post S650 numbers because they aren't any better than the S550 numbers.

M2 manual
1711740749178-m0.png

2018 S550 A10 auto, the specs on the left are from an ecoboost car.

1711740774855-c5.png

Stock dyno

52809367257_c54dbdb2d4_b.jpg

Weight, although this was with a CF roof so add 38lbs for the sunroof, not to mention darn near 50/50 weight distribution if you get a manual.

52810222050_cae281123d_b.jpg
Maybe the new ones are slower but the 2018 to 2021 A10 were right at that ..,

I searched and found a quick motor trend article :

“The Hot Rod gang clocked a time of 11.83 seconds at 119.51 mph. That was the best time of the day, but the guys report that the Mustang GT consistently posted high-11s with ease. The test vehicle was a brand-new, bone-stock Mustang GT equipped with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission and the Performance Package, which brings 460 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires.”

So we can search all day but this is a drivers race in the quarter mile. Stop glorifying BMWs on a mustang forum go buy one and get on their boring forums and discuss watches and golf clubs.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Some of these posts resonate with me, a lot. Been a diehard BMW fan boy for years, and somewhat still am. I have owned close to a dozen pre-owned BMW cars since 2002, ranginf from various E46 chassis (M3 included), and E39 M5. I still own a 2011 X3 35i as my daily/winter practical car today, and love it.

I was an HPDE instructor for about 6 years and drove a track-prepped 135i/N55 engine. I sold it about 3 years ago. For the past few months (winter time here in Canada), I was ready to get back to owning a dual duty street/track duty car.. and was torn as well between a 2019-2022 M2, Camaro SS 1LE, and the Mach 1. The Camaro did not do it for me in terms of looks and reduced greenhouse. The only M2 worth having was the ClubSport as it comes with dynamic suspension, carbon brake rotors, and S55 engine, but pricing is in the stratosphere. The second best one is a 2019+ with the very reliable and efficient S58 engine, but it does not have dynamic dampers. Let's not even discuss the 2023+ M2, with it's Fugly front end ...

I ended up buying a 9000 Kms (5600 Miles) Shadow Black 2022 Mach1 HP 6-speed Tremec, with no options other than Recaro cloth seats, under base warranty, I bought it $15K CAD under MSRP, from a Ford dealership in another province. Never saw it in person, test drove one, nor sat in one prior to pulling the trigger. Sales Rep send me a few pics, a walk-around video, and I watched multiple YOUTUBE reviews. That was enough for me to get hooked I got it delivered by a commercial car carrier last week. The M1 HP handles better than any BMW's I have owned, the Recaro's hug you even with the standard 3-point seat belt, and the sound the M1 makes is beastly. Total experience of the seven sense ... Cant wait to try it out on the track, but so far, the street manners and flexibility provided by the multiple drive modes makes this car the perfect dual duty street/track toy...

The gurney spoiler flap has been installed after the below pic was taken, and the lower front splitter was missing on the car. Still undecided on buying and installing due to our bad roads here in Quebec...
418986802_744236481170774_2201170390294334219_n.jpg
Will be at Mt. Tremblant track in June, looking forward to hopefully see it there. Not taking my mustang though, thanks to the sound limits.

Sponsored

M1-Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach1, 2011 BMW X3 35i
Will be at Mt. Tremblant track in June, looking forward to hopefully see it there. Not taking my mustang though, thanks to the sound limits.
LCMT (Le Circuit Mont Tremblant) is the best track in Quebec, and where Ive spent most time at. My Mach1 will hopefully pass under the 92DB black flag radar, by removing the exhaust fuse while the engine is running, and exhaust valve in quiet mode. Also would love to find a custom tune that shuts the exhaust flap closed, even at WOT when in Track Mode ...

Which HPDE/Lapping Club have you hooked up with in June? I have an HPDE day on May 17 with VAG Motorsports.. Ive coached with them and managed the drivers meetings a few years ago ...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If the M2 was better looking I would’ve switched, mainly to get back into a manual and try an M. My wife said it looked like an ugly step child and I was trying too hard to like it. So in the end just couldn’t justify it.
On the other hand I like the beaver tooth m4 more but can’t afford it

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
That is the track Ive spent most time at, and will hopefully pass under the 92DB black flag radar, by removing the exhaust fuse while the engine is running, and exhaust valve in quiet mode. Also would love to find a custom tune that shuts the exhaust flap closed, even at WOT when in Track Mode ...

Which HPDE/Lapping Club have you hooked up with in June? I have an HPDE day on May 17 with VAG Motorsports.. Ive coached with them and managed the drivers meetings a few years ago ...
BMW Quebec, first time at this track. I mostly do Mosport and Glen. Always wanted to come to this track, but there is no way my supercharged mustang would fly under the noise radar there. 😄
Now I have a very capable car that is lot cheaper to run on track and won't blow these limits.

be careful with exhaust back pressure with closed valves

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the new ones are slower but the 2018 to 2021 A10 were right at that ..,

I searched and found a quick motor trend article :

“The Hot Rod gang clocked a time of 11.83 seconds at 119.51 mph. That was the best time of the day, but the guys report that the Mustang GT consistently posted high-11s with ease. The test vehicle was a brand-new, bone-stock Mustang GT equipped with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission and the Performance Package, which brings 460 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires.”

So we can search all day but this is a drivers race in the quarter mile. Stop glorifying BMWs on a mustang forum go buy one and get on their boring forums and discuss watches and golf clubs.
Jackie Ding did 2:16.169 at COTA with his modded BMW M2 on Nankang CRS:

Quick search in the road course section shows that @honeybadger is fastest S550 on the forum at COTA with 2:21.07 in a '17 GT350 on slicks.

I'm not saying the new M2 is fast but it's insanely fast car for the price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
BTW guys M2 autos run 11.7@122mph, it did 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Quite a bit better than a A10 S550 or S650. A manual M2 runs near what an A10 Mustang runs. Lets not forget you can add a JB4 or Dinan controller and you add 100hp for $600.00 where an M2 will have near 600rwhp. These cars put down stock 450rwhp stock, BMW so underrated these cars. Not to mention they are a little lighter than the Mustang.
Gutsy to take a car that many people say to only own during warranty and then immediately throw away said warranty with an engine tune. It would be nice if there was a tune you could do that would retain the warranty. I assume a replacement engine would be really expensive.

Yep... Rule number one with one of the rear engine air cooled Porsche is to drive it like you would ride a motorcycle in the twisties.

The one benefit with the 912 is the motor is lighter and it is almost a perfect 50/50 balance with a full tank of fuel. My motor is highly modified and puts out around 150 horsepower, so it is a total blast.

I'm still hoping to stumble on a gym that's been sitting in someone's garage. That's what happens with this 944 S2. Cosmetically the car's almost perfect. I bought it from a 90-year-old family friend and the car had been sitting for at least 10 years.

I've never really been interested in the 944. Would absolutely love a 928S, but the 944 was just not one that drew me in. I bought it because it was an excellent price, and also committed to take the original owner for a drive this summer.

The way they are appreciating probably will sell in the next 5 years and roll the money into some other car project. Unless of course it has its hooks in me.

IMG_20240316_155241097_HDR.jpg
I really liked my 944, but it just needed too much work. I would have loved to do a swap to a V8 engine. They are great cars. Tiny, but very solid feeling and awesome ergonomics, even for a 6'4" guy like me. Too bad GM couldn't do that well with the Corvette.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Gutsy to take a car that many people say to only own during warranty and then immediately throw away said warranty with an engine tune. It would be nice if there was a tune you could do that would retain the warranty. I assume a replacement engine would be really expensive.

I really liked my 944, but it just needed too much work. I would have loved to do a swap to a V8 engine. They are great cars. Tiny, but very solid feeling and awesome ergonomics, even for a 6'4" guy like me. Too bad GM couldn't do that well with the Corvette.
I wouldn't tune it. I don't have the deep pockets to afford to replace the engine out of warranty. BTW, I loved the 944s. I had a girl friend (rich Daddy's Girl) bought her the car for a HS graduation, it was the 944 Turbo. That was an awesome car.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The likelihood of the current generation of BMW inline 6 engines (B58 and S58) failing is extremely small. They are designed to handle huge boost pressure and do not have the heat related issues that effected previous models. Most of the BMWs I've owned were out of warranty. You just have to know what to avoid and where to take your car for maintenance and repairs. If you are going to take your BMW to a dealer and pay $1200 for a service that an independent garage will do for $400, you have no business complaining about the cost.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My 1989 944 S2 and 1976 912 are all the P car I need.
I really liked my 944, but it just needed too much work.
BTW, I loved the 944s. I had a girl friend (rich Daddy's Girl) bought her the car for a HS graduation, it was the 944 Turbo. That was an awesome car.
When we graduated college my buddy bought a used 944S and bragged all about it. Shortly after he bought that car I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo AWD and just to piss him off got a custom plate:

944 ETR

We took our cars to a track day at Summit Point in WV and up rolls this dude in a 944 Turbo. We're all chatting before the day started and he noticed my plate and said "good thing that doesn't say 944 turbo eater...". He was right. Neither of us could hang with him.

Aaah, the good old days.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The likelihood of the current generation of BMW inline 6 engines (B58 and S58) failing is extremely small. They are designed to handle huge boost pressure and do not have the heat related issues that effected previous models. Most of the BMWs I've owned were out of warranty. You just have to know what to avoid and where to take your car for maintenance and repairs. If you are going to take your BMW to a dealer and pay $1200 for a service that an independent garage will do for $400, you have no business complaining about the cost.
Is this a Mustang forum that is dedicated to fellow Mustang enthusiasts who exchange their thoughts, ideas and experiences which are centered around driving passion, purchasing, selling and modifying all things Mustang models from the last 59 model years?

If you all want to discuss the virtues or lack therefore for the BMW or Porsche brands, please take it to the appropriate venues as all this commentary about German brand vehicles is an embarrassment and has no place on our Mustang 6G forum IMO.
Sponsored