I am a Ford guy, but....

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
I have an Gt350R, Focus RS, Raptor and wifey drives a Expy. However when I picked up a rental car in the northeast this weekend they asked me if I wanted a Camaro. I said sure. Got a V8 SS. I am very impressed with just about every aspect of the car. It is new with about 3k miles. Interior is much nicer quality than I expected. A blast to drive. Everything felt well sorted. Has a nice lope to it at idle. Yes visibility sucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That older model Camaro looks good in that color.

I'm surprised someone would rent an SS Camaro. You must have a lot of money to spend. I always want to do something like that, but I take one look at the super high cost of renting a performance vehicle and then I go with the cheap, practical option.

Even a V6 model of a 2 door car costs more than I'm willing to spend.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, I've had 3 mustangs and didn't really consider the Camaro until I drove by the local dealership and checked some out. They have a left over 18 SS I'm thinking of buying at a big discount, but have heard the 8A has had issues in the past. I'm also considering a 19, but they look a little odd from the front. Also thinking of a Challenger Scat Pack. I drove one of those last week and was impressed and may go look at a 1320.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MisterScott

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
It was a free upgrade. I had booked a sedan, think Malibu or some such. Guy at the counter just asked if I wanted a free upgrade. The place was slow and I was polite when I went in.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I hear you there. never would have considered a Chevy period my whole life. I have to say something like this does actually look pretty nice.
Yeah, the SS 1LE package is pretty fantastic, especially for the price, there's a '19 at a local dealer (the 1LE + 19 facelift looks pretty solid), $10K off, for $37K, that's a steal for that level of track performance.

For the price of the car linked, I'd just score a ZL1, same price, factory FI, plus mag suspension, NPP, different front body work, etc.

Yeah, I've had 3 mustangs and didn't really consider the Camaro until I drove by the local dealership and checked some out. They have a left over 18 SS I'm thinking of buying at a big discount, but have heard the 8A has had issues in the past. I'm also considering a 19, but they look a little odd from the front. Also thinking of a Challenger Scat Pack. I drove one of those last week and was impressed and may go look at a 1320.
Yeah, skip the 8-speed, if you go auto, do a 19' or newer in the SS, which gives you the awesome 10-speed (the ZL1 autos have always been the A10).

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor has a 17 Scat Pack Challenger, it's sounds great and will "jump sideway's" when changing lanes if you stomponthatloudpedal!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
A car getting reviews like this should be selling better. So why isn't it? I think GM should have made a big change to the styling in 2016, similar to what Ford did with the S550 in '15. The husky look of the Camaro still screams "muscle car," even though it's not as much of a retro look as, say, the Challenger. Personally, I very much liked the styling of the 2005 Mustang, the 2008 Challenger, and the 2010 Camaro, but my demographic is getting further and further back in the rear view mirror. With such a capable chassis, the Camaro needs a more "athletic" look to match. Obviously, the poor visibility and 8-speed transmission issues have contributed to low demand, but I think the Camaro's looks give it a basic identity problem. Reluctance to intrude on Corvette territory is probably a factor.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've said it before in other threads, but if Chevy was dead set on another semi-retro Camaro for G6 they should have looked to the '70-'72 for inspiration instead of the '69 (again).....best looking Camaro ever, IMO.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've said it before in other threads, but if Chevy was dead set on another semi-retro Camaro for G6 they should have looked to the '70-'72 for inspiration instead of the '69 (again).....best looking Camaro ever, IMO.
Absolutely agree on that.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase