Sponsored

Bye guys thanks for all the help but I got a...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Nice car! Great luck with it. It would have been a choice for me if I were able to see out of it.
Same here...test drove a 2018 Camaro and the visibility was the tiebreaker between it and the Mustang.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well said :clap:

I may bleed Ford blue and I'm a Mustang fan-boy, but I love all cars and the Camaro (and Challenger) are right up there with the best of them in my book!
I have said this many times before.... how lucky are we to be here with all these three great muscle car legends from the big three all over again. I never thought I'd see that day. All it takes is money.
The only sad part is the loss of Pontiac, Plymouth and Oldsmobile. Wonder what that would have brought us.

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Beautiful vehicle and I dig the color scheme for obvious reasons (Go Dawgs!). Enjoy your new ride.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Nice ride...enjoy man. And I really want the Camaro to succeed and do well. A better Camaro breeds a better Mustang.

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
GM is definitely pulling my interest with the LT1. A base car with a 6.2 and an option for the good stereo and active exhaust.

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Nice replacement ride. Almost bought one myself but couldn't get the pricing lined up right.

Enjoy it!

Kindastock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
test drove one back in 17 and have wanted one since, pretty big molar guy but was tired of the no increase in performance and the price tags. as far as the 1le i just could not get a dealer to work on price. walked in one day and test drove the 19 GT 10spd auto and walked out in june with their 0% financing and have never looked back. mine has the PP1 so in sport this thing ticks off shifts like nothing else I've driven....best of luck with yours and an awesome car nonetheless...
Man! I was all over my Ford dealer for 0% and they were adamant it didn't exist for Mustang.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Same here...test drove a 2018 Camaro and the visibility was the tiebreaker between it and the Mustang.
I must have seen a thousand reviews that don't like the visibility. But I gotta be honest I don't have an issue with it. The mustang is the better daily driver in terms of suspension ride comfort, interior storage, daily liveability. But I think the Camaro has it beat in every performance aspect. The car is just so good I don't mind tilting my head down at left turns to see the light lol

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Nice replacement ride. Almost bought one myself but couldn't get the pricing lined up right.

Enjoy it!
Thanks! That's been a year long process for me. Chevy dealers not playing with these cars much. I could have done better price wise but paid about average. I had moments where I thought about just going to a Ford dealer and grabbing the GT I'd want easily and be done. But I had been eye screwing these camaros for a few years and was just over splitting hairs with cost. If you change your mind.... Shop end of december is when you find your best deals.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I am no Ford fanboy but whomever is the lead designer on the Gen6 Camaro should have been fired. It’s like they were too afraid to make it look much different than the Gen5. I always felt my C7/Z51 had poor visibility but somehow GM managed to make the larger Camaro even worse. And then they completely botched the 19 refresh. It’s really a shame as the chassis, steering feel, engine, exhaust, manual transmission, etc is really, really good. But after driving a 2SS and ZL1 recently and then a Gt350, I just preferred the Mustang so much more.

Sponsored
OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I am no Ford fanboy but whomever is the lead designer on the Gen6 Camaro should have been fired. It’s like they were too afraid to make it look much different than the Gen5. I always felt my C7/Z51 had poor visibility but somehow GM managed to make the larger Camaro even worse. And then they completely botched the 19 refresh. It’s really a shame as the chassis, steering feel, engine, exhaust, manual transmission, etc is really, really good. But after driving a 2SS and ZL1 recently and then a Gt350, I just preferred the Mustang so much more.
To each their own man. The mustang has looked pretty much the same historically but the Camaro stays relative to the gen5 and it's bad? I love it and after being in a gt350 it just felt like a better mustang. But still a mustang. The 20 was changed from the 19 but not being a fan boy but I can't get used to the new mustang front end. The gt350 is fine though. Gotta love the differences though because in essence they shoot for the same thing but just do it differently. If I had the money I would honestly have both

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nice new ride. That is a great color. And I agree those are some boss looking wheels. I grew up a GM guy, I owned a 3rd gen Camaro Z28 (1987) as my first car (bought used in the mid 90s), and then upgraded to a 1995 Trans Am in the early 2000s (bought it from my best friend who then got a black 1999 Camaro SS) that I modded to make 400 (crank) hp. It was pretty fast at that time because those cars were lighter than modern cars, so it had a similar power to weight ratio as the modern SS and GT. That said, when I was looking to buy a new Pony car, the Camaro SS was first on my list last year, but the major refreshed 2018 Mustang GT I bought was just that good (my options include PP1, A10, Magneride, GT Premium, Safe and Smart). I love the Gen 3 Coyote, the better interior, visibility, and 50% larger trunk space, not to mention, I preferred the GT PP1 looks over the SS by a wide margin. That said, I won't bash ya for ending up with the SLE, though. That thing will turn heads, for sure.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
To each their own man. The mustang has looked pretty much the same historically but the Camaro stays relative to the gen5 and it's bad? I love it and after being in a gt350 it just felt like a better mustang. But still a mustang. The 20 was changed from the 19 but not being a fan boy but I can't get used to the new mustang front end. The gt350 is fine though. Gotta love the differences though because in essence they shoot for the same thing but just do it differently. If I had the money I would honestly have both
I think the difference between the 5th gen Mustang and the 6th gen was much bigger of a difference than the 5th gen Camaro to 6th gen Camaro. And this coming from a former firm Camaro guy (prior to 2018 GT refresh). And the current Mustang doesn't really resemble a Fox body Mustang or 4th gen Mustang, at all, IMO.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Nice new ride. That is a great color. And I agree those are some boss looking wheels. I grew up a GM guy, I owned a 3rd gen Camaro Z28 (1987) as my first car (bought used in the mid 90s), and then upgraded to a 1995 Trans Am in the early 2000s (bought it from my best friend who then got a black 1999 Camaro SS) that I modded to make 400 (crank) hp. It was pretty fast at that time because those cars were lighter than modern cars, so it had a similar power to weight ratio as the modern SS and GT. That said, when I was looking to buy a new Pony car, the Camaro SS was first on my list last year, but the major refreshed 2018 Mustang GT I bought was just that good (my options include PP1, A10, Magneride, GT Premium, Safe and Smart). I love the Gen 3 Coyote, the better interior, visibility, and 50% larger trunk space, not to mention, I preferred the GT PP1 looks over the SS by a wide margin. That said, I won't bash ya for ending up with the SLE, though. That thing will turn heads, for sure.
Thanks man and congrats on your ride! Nothing wrong with a GT. I really think mustang is the better daily driver, but for myself and my career I need very little space beyond myself. I do get over asking friends with trucks to move stuff though lol I do wish I had driven a performance pack mustang in the 2018+ but mind was made up after the 1le test drive. Enjoy your ride man!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Obviously this is just my opinion, if you love the styling then you bought the right car for you. But I think the sales numbers tell the tale. The chassis, engine, etc is very good in the Camaro. No doubt about that and I preferred it to the PP1 Mustangs I have driven. But I think GM knew they made a mistake on the styling and then made it worse with the 19 refresh which went over like a lead ballon. They have tried to course correct in 2020, and it’s better, but I think they should have done more. I think the ZL1 1LE looks the best to me and I really considered one until I test drove a 2019. The ride was way too harsh to drive on bad roads like we have here where I live and that’s where the GT350 shines. With magnetic ride and Fords programming they nailed it for the street and track. The 350, for me, was a big leap over the PP1 and has as good or better driving dynamics as the Camaro with, to me, better looks and a much more livable cabin.
Sponsored