Sponsored

Am I a bad person?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was commuting home today and I saw a Mach E dead on the side of the road.

I got the biggest smile on my face. It totally made my day.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Depends if an old lady was driving it or someone like Hanavarian or however you spell his nameā€¦

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I'm sorry to say that your laughter at seeing a dead Mach E on the side of the road was inappropriate.

Watching it get winched up onto a flat bed, diesel, F550 tow truck. That's hilarious.

Lastly, if there are no photos, it never happened. So keep your iPhone at the ready and post some pics. :)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I was commuting home today and I saw a Mach E dead on the side of the road.

I got the biggest smile on my face. It totally made my day.
No it doesn't, but people work hard for their money and you never know where that person was going when they were stopped from getting there.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Not unless you honked and mocked them. That would cross the line šŸ˜€

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
No it doesn't, but people work hard for their money and you never know where that person was going when they were stopped from getting there.
Hello; I guess we will need the equivalent of an electricity gas can. I have seen folks walking to a stranded car with a gas can. With an EV you call a tow truck if it runs out of gas.

Side note- A few years ago i bought one of those compact Li-ion emergency batteries. Small enough to fit into a glove box. It is supposed to jump start a car with a dead battery. So far I have tried it twice on the vehicles of others and it did not do the job. Near as I could tell the battery I was trying to jump was too depleted. Last time was at my brothers boat with a near dead battery. Had enough juice to trim down the motor but would not crank the motor.
Got out my handy jump start device and it did nothing. We got a jump start using the docks plug in equipment. Motor fired right up. Guess I wasted $80 and had a fire hazard riding in my glove box.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Do you know for sure it ran out of battery power (which I assume - maybe unfairly - is the point of your post) ? It could have broke down, same way GT350 with blown engines ended up on the tow truck, so I honestly don't understand being happy about someone's misfortune.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Do you know for sure it ran out of battery power (which I assume - maybe unfairly - is the point of your post) ? It could have broke down, same way GT350 with blown engines ended up on the tow truck, so I honestly don't understand being happy about someone's misfortune.
I could be wrong, but I think OP was just experiencing a mild and innocent case of schadenfreude. Not celebrating, just being honest about a legitimate human emotion.

Then again Iā€™m a huge fan of schadenfreude in mild cases such as this.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not unless you honked and mocked them. That would cross the line šŸ˜€
..note to self.. :devil:

It could have been a flat tire. I actually didn't even consider the driver's feelings. It was a nice weather day and that person was safe. They just got delayed on their way home. Annoying, but not catastrophic. I think the joy was related to people driving by who would be that much less likely to buy a Mach E now after having seen one broken down.

I've never seen a Tesla broken down, by the way. I see a lot of them on the road, though.

I could be wrong, but I think OP was just experiencing a mild and innocent case of schadenfreude. Not celebrating, just being honest about a legitimate human emotion.

Then again Iā€™m a huge fan of schadenfreude in mild cases such as this.
I do feel a little guilty about wanting Ford to fail after naming an all-electric SUV MUSTANG. However, I also feel that Ford kind of deserves it. It's not my fault that Ford did this. Everyone thinks it was a poor move on their part. At least everyone who has ever come up to me and talked to me about it. Car people, non-car people they all think Ford shouldn't have done it.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
iE%2blA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fd2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hello; I guess we will need the equivalent of an electricity gas can. I have seen folks walking to a stranded car with a gas can. With an EV you call a tow truck if it runs out of gas.
I was thinking of starting a business where I would retrofit a small gas-powered generator into the trunk of any electric vehicle. That way the person could get the benefit of longer range, quicker refuels, etc. but it would still appear to their neighbors and co-workers that they were driving a pure electric vehicle.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I do feel a little guilty about wanting Ford to fail after naming an all-electric SUV MUSTANG. However, I also feel that Ford kind of deserves it. It's not my fault that Ford did this. Everyone thinks it was a poor move on their part. At least everyone who has ever come up to me and talked to me about it. Car people, non-car people they all think Ford shouldn't have done it.
So far it's quite the opposite - they literally can't make them enough. I looked one up a week ago or so and Ford's website says you can't order one this year anymore, have to find one on the lot.
Apparently not everyone thinks it was such a poor move.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So far it's quite the opposite - they literally can't make them enough. I looked one up a week ago or so and Ford's website says you can't order one this year anymore, have to find one on the lot.
Apparently not everyone thinks it was such a poor move.
Apparently they aren't able to make very many yet. Sales are decreasing, not increasing.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible