Sponsored

HR104 is Home

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I was considering the fibers. Aluminum may bend or have a piece gouged out and in this case still wouldn't be functional. But a CF rim even with less damage looks like that once the fibers are exposed its just going to continue to come apart.
In terms of ability to repair i definitely agree.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of ability to repair i definitely agree.
As cool are I think the CF Rims are, the risk doesn't seem to out weigh the cost.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As cool are I think the CF Rims are, the risk doesn't seem to out weigh the cost.
If i could have afforded the R i would have gotten it, i would have picked up a second set of wheels for DD use, saved the CF for the track or if i ever sold the car.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If i could have afforded the R i would have gotten it, i would have picked up a second set of wheels for DD use, saved the CF for the track or if i ever sold the car.
Probably could have bought the R and sold the rims right away and made up more than the difference in cost

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably could have bought the R and sold the rims right away and made up more than the difference in cost
Possibly, if you went to sell the car though and didn't have the wheels i think you'd really take a hit on the price. Unless you traded it in and the dealer didn't know any better. That would be a great way to stick it to one of them!:lol:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly, if you went to sell the car though and didn't have the wheels i think you'd really take a hit on the price. Unless you traded it in and the dealer didn't know any better. That would be a great way to stick it to one of them!:lol:
:cheers:

OP
OP

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
One other comment about the wheel, it's hard to see in the picture, but in addition to the exposed fibers there was also a pinch (far right side of damage area in pic above). The pinched area had a sharp to the touch edge that would have been concerning as well beyond the potential unraveling of fibers.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Very nice ride, congrats.

That wheel and tire damage will cost the transport company an arm and a leg, i wouldn't want to be the driver that got the car off the hauler. :eyebulge:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice ride, congrats.

That wheel and tire damage will cost the transport company an arm and a leg, i wouldn't want to be the driver that got the car off the hauler. :eyebulge:
I can hear the shipping company right now "that price is for only one wheel?"

Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Beautiful. Another Ruby stripe delete.
The "optional" stripes are not available on R Models in either the Race Red or the Ruby Red. Some stripes are available on the non R version of those colors.
Sponsored