Sponsored

HR104 is Home

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I just drove this beauty home, I am a happy camper! :D
Congratulations on getting this beautiful R model back home!

Having said that we need more pictures of your new ride and since we are neighbors and have exactly the same car as yours hopefully we can get together sometime real soon.

Did you go with the base 920A package or did you add on the Electronics Package to your car?

Either way a real head turner for sure!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congratulations on getting this beautiful R model back home!

Having said that we need more pictures of your new ride and since we are neighbors and have exactly the same car as yours hopefully we can get together sometime real soon.

Did you go with the base 920A package or did you add on the Electronics Package to your car?

Either way a real head turner for sure!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
His has the electronics pack. Its got the receiver on the back.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Very very nice R!
Congrats and enjoy in good health!

OP
OP

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
A few quick thoughts about this car keeping in mind that I have less than 100 miles on it...

1. For those who asked, yes it does have the R-electronics package. The stereo seems a little better sounding than the previous model although not by a whole lot. Still lacking depth, richness, and bass to my ear anyways. Having said that, I didn't buy this car for the stereo, so it's good enough for me as is.

2. This car rides much better on the street than I had expected. In my view it rides well enough to be a DD if someone were so inclined. I work from home, so I will generate reasons to take her out often. Of course, it would be a costly DD given tire replacements.

3. I was fortunate enough to drive a GT350R recently at AMP (in GA) at a Track Tour providing a taste of its capabilities. Cannot wait to get through the break-in period and get my own on track. I found some twisters today for some brief but spirited fun being mindful of RPM at this stage.

4. I'm having trouble adding more than one pic at a time, but I have a pic to show how removing a car off of a transport can destroy a rear CF wheel and tire. I'll try to add a few pics here.
image.jpg

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
A few quick thoughts about this car keeping in mind that I have less than 100 miles on it...

1. For those who asked, yes it does have the R-electronics package. The stereo seems a little better sounding than the previous model although not by a whole lot. Still lacking depth, richness, and bass to my ear anyways. Having said that, I didn't buy this car for the stereo, so it's good enough for me as is.

2. This car rides much better on the street than I had expected. In my view it rides well enough to be a DD if someone were so inclined. I work from home, so I will generate reasons to take her out often. Of course, it would be a costly DD given tire replacements.

3. I was fortunate enough to drive a GT350R recently at AMP (in GA) at a Track Tour providing a taste of its capabilities. Cannot wait to get through the break-in period and get my own on track. I found some twisters today for some brief but spirited fun being mindful of RPM at this stage.

4. I'm having trouble adding more than one pic at a time, but I have a pic to show how removing a car off of a transport can destroy a rear CF wheel and tire. I'll try to add a few pics here.
I was pretty much sick looking at the picture of your wheel and tire and hope that you have some recourse with the carrier in question?

This is totally unacceptable from my standpoint and wish you all the best with respect to getting this issue dealt with in a proper manner!

:eyebulge:

OP
OP

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
The dealer did a great job advocating and expediting the replacements. They now will recoup funding from the transport company. All is well on my end.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Beautiful beautiful beautiful car!

But for my tastes, that Ruby Red is just calling out for some matte black stripes. Did I say you have a beautiful car? Congrats!

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Damn that looks good.

First Ruby Red R I've seen. Would love more photos when you get the opportunity.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That wheel and tire photo breaks your heart.

Beautiful man, just beautiful

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The picture of the Rim was exactly my concern when comparing the durability of CF rims to aluminum.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
The picture of the Rim was exactly my concern when comparing the durability of CF rims to aluminum.

Although judging by the amount of damage done to the sidewall of the tire an aluminum wheel would not have held up any differently. I was actually going the other way and was surprised it wasn't worse for the CF wheel

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Although judging by the amount of damage done to the sidewall of the tire an aluminum wheel would not have held up any differently. I was actually going the other way and was surprised it wasn't worse for the CF wheel
I was considering the fibers. Aluminum may bend or have a piece gouged out and in this case still wouldn't be functional. But a CF rim even with less damage looks like that once the fibers are exposed its just going to continue to come apart.
Sponsored