JR629 is home!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@lightrules

Excellent! It looks like there is an official Ford Performance document. It says 633R models that include 21 pre-production GT350 units, some of which are Rs.

So riddle me this..... Lets say they run through TTxxx and then PPxxx chassis numbers and then get to regular production. How many TT and PP Rs did they do? Do they start the count with JR001? or do they start with JR0XX accounting for the pre-production vehicles?

633-21=612, so..... Where do they start the count?

My guess is that Leo's info was correct and JR629 probably is the last R of 2018. But I wasn't on the line then and I can only go by what I was told.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
@lightrules

Excellent! It looks like there is an official Ford Performance document. It says 633R models that include 21 pre-production GT350 units, some of which are Rs.

So riddle me this..... Lets say they run through TTxxx and then PPxxx chassis numbers and then get to regular production. How many TT and PP Rs did they do? Do they start the count with JR001? or do they start with JR0XX accounting for the pre-production vehicles?

633-21=612, so..... Where do they start the count?

My guess is that Leo's info was correct and JR629 probably is the last R of 2018. But I wasn't on the line then and I can only go by what I was told.
For the 2018 MY there were 21 pre-production cars in total which includes all TT, PP and MP GT350/R's.

Assuming Leo was correct that JR629 was the very last 2018 R model built that would then indicate that the FRAP assembled 4 pre-production R models with the other 17 PP cars being GT350's for the 2018 MY.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For the 2018 MY there were 21 pre-production cars in total which includes all TT, PP and MP GT350/R's.

Assuming Leo was correct that JR629 was the very last 2018 R model built that would then indicate that the FRAP assembled 4 pre-production R models with the other 17 PP cars being GT350's for the 2018 MY.
I don't know. If it matters, it might be worth a phone call to FP.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats! Looks amazing!!

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I don't know. If it matters, it might be worth a phone call to FP.
Just out of curiosity, if this was the last one off the line for MY 2018, is that merely a cool stat to have or is that something that would be deemed desirable if I ever decided to part with her?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiosity, if this was the last one off the line for MY 2018, is that merely a cool stat to have or is that something that would be deemed desirable if I ever decided to part with her?
That's more of a Harry question. He's the collector who goes to all the auctions. In my opinion, It would be an interesting factoid, but something like the last R or 350 to roll off the line or the first one to be produced would have collector significance.

I flew out to St Louis and bought what I thought was the last base R produced. That would have had significance IMHO, but it wound up being that our guy on the inside was incorrect and there was one more base produced after mine.

So, my point is that it would be a topic of conversation, but I don't know if it would add significant value to the car.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
That's more of a Harry question. He's the collector who goes to all the auctions. In my opinion, It would be an interesting factoid, but something like the last R or 350 to roll off the line or the first one to be produced would have collector significance.

I flew out to St Louis and bought what I thought was the last base R produced. That would have had significance IMHO, but it wound up being that our guy on the inside was incorrect and there was one more base produced after mine.

So, my point is that it would be a topic of conversation, but I don't know if it would add significant value to the car.
Thanks for commenting on that Tom! Much appreciated.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It is difficult to determine whether you have the last R (or 350 for that matter) of '18 or not. Based upon what I was told and based upon the numbers, it is absolutely possible that the information is accurate. If you care enough, you can reach out to FP and maybe they can assist. 629 vs 633 with TT and PP cars ahead of production, it is entirely plausible that the info passed from our guy (at the time) in flat rock was correct.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just another example of a member speading misinformation about another member and regret responding back to this individual as I should know better and will not let it happen again.

I have not been to a collector car auction for some ~7 months now and don't plan on attending any present or upcoming auctions despite the many car auctions that took place this past month in various parts of this great country.

Very happy to have a 2015 GT350 as my daily driver which allows me to drive my two R models much more sparingly but must say that when I get them out for some spirited driving in the Coachella Valley it certainly is a completely different driving experience compared to my 2015 GT350 and really makes me appreciate them that much more each time that I drive them.

With respect to your post and question about your cars build sequence significance I will defer to a previous post whereby that member has most of the answers as usual.

Cool looking car and thanks for sharing!

:like::like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Just another example of a member speading misinformation about another member and regret responding back to this individual as I should know better but will not let it happen again.

I have not been to a collector car auction for some ~7 months now and don't plan on attending any present or upcoming auctions despite the many car auctions that took place this past month in various parts of this great country.

Very happy to have a 2015 GT350 as my daily driver which allows me to drive my two R models much more sparingly but must say that when I get them out for some spirited driving in the Coachella Valley it certainly is a completely different driving experience compared to my 2015 GT350 and certainly makes me appreciate them that much more each time that I drive them.

With respect to your post and question about your cars build sequence significance I will defer to a previous post whereby that member has most of the answers as usual.

Cool looking car and thanks for sharing!

:like::like:
Not been to a collector car auction for 7 months? Maybe Covid would be the cause?

Yes Harry, Don't respond to my posts. It is clear we will never get along or agree on anything. Now get lost and don't ever respond to one of my threads ever again unless you wish to engage in a civil discussion.

Edited to add:

There is nothing wrong with being a collector. It is that expertise that I deferred to. I am not a collector and a member had a legitimate question. You took offense and without cause.

Last edited:

Sponsored

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
AB3D9BB2-35BA-461E-BA11-E9A3B7FB4F96.jpeg

After an exhausting few months of debating between a new GT500 or a GT350R, this stunning Shadow Black 2018 R is home safe and sound in Scottsdale, AZ.

For those that helped me along the way in my other thread regarding a 2017 Ruby Red 350R that had some back ground issues/red tape, youā€™ll recall I was dead set on that color. After deciding I needed to step back and stop focusing on the color, but the total package I came across this car for sale in Alliance, OH.

It checked all the boxes. CPO with 7 year/100k warranty, 3500 miles, single owner, PPF, Ceramic coating, windows tinted, owners supplement and also came with the original Ford Performance rear seat kit which hadnā€™t even been out of the original plastic packaging/box which having 2 little kids is nice. However...itā€™s black. After owning a 2012 Mustang in black I swore Iā€™d never do black again.

One night while debating if I could live with black as this car had a lot going for it, I decided to google the chassis identifier to see if I could find any hits. Sure enough the original owner was a member on here and from doing a bit of recon, turns out Tomster had helped this member with the purchase of this car.

A quick message to Tom to see if he could get me in touch with the original owner had me on the phone with him the very next day. This gentlemanā€™s back story of what this car meant to him, how he cared for it and would want to some day buy it back when circumstances permit was very important to me. Knowing itā€™s history and getting to form a relationship with the cars original owner did it for me, and I ended up pulling the trigger.

After weeks of making this out of state purchase happen, she finally arrived on Sunday and is in better condition then I could have imagined. The well cared for Black with red accents is just jaw dropping. This car truly looks and feels brand new. Only downside is that Iā€™ve only put on 4 miles since then as the weather in AZ has been horrific with heavy rain and snow in the desert. I can not wait to finally take her out and stretch her legs tomorrow!

2D2E23BF-3A6F-45A1-91E5-614F83C84019.jpeg

(View from house day after delivery)

I would like to thank those of you that took the time to help me navigate my way to this car. Tomster in particular, I am so thankful for you getting me in touch with the original owner!

After parting ways with my 2017 350 and going to the dark side in a C7 Z06, I have to say I am beyond thrilled to be back in the saddle with this wonderful car and a part of this incredible community once again!

8336D6D2-883E-4463-B5C6-92077F803B2A.jpeg
Great Decision and Choice !! Enjoy and be Safe

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I should know my audience better! šŸ˜‚

But catch up with me in 5 months when itā€™s 110-117 degrees for 3.5 months in a row and itā€™s too hot to drive!
Congrats on the purchase! I know what you mean regarding black vehicles. The PPF and Ceramic will help a ton. I too struggled with color choice having had two blue GT's before my 350. I went down the same road and chose to look at the whole package. Wound up with another blue, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the color and the overall enjoyment of it's appearance. Physical attraction to the car and its color should not to be discounted.
In regards to weather, I am in Wisconsin as well and have to endure the late Nov-March sabbatical from the 350. But part of me really enjoys the time off because it give me an eager expectation, almost like Christmas time as a kid again when the snow starts melting and you can feel spring in the air. Every drive in great weather is cherished, enjoyed and never taken for granted. I guess no climates (or very few) in our country are perfect.
Sponsored