HPP chassis numbers

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I've watched a number of HPP videos on YouTube and, so far, no one's given a really good description of what's going on with the whole chassis number thing on the dashboard.

For example, the numbers would seem to go up to 9999, but with the addition of a letter, or letters, these could be done indefinitely. For example, they could make L0876 and M0876... same number chassis, different letter.

Question is... will they need to? Another video I watched made a vague sort of claim that the HPPs are using up 'the last' of the RS engines from Spain, in which case it may indeed be a fairly limited run and not make it to 9999.

(Another video in the same vein took the line that the HPP is a 55th anniversary thing and might only last the year...?)

Some YouTubers don't seem to fact check and just keep talking at times even though they don't really know what they're talking about (!) so does anyone have the good oil on what's happening, please? A lot of these videos were made in mid to late 2019 at car shows, etc, so more information may have snuck out more recently about this. TIA.
Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The letter is the year designation:
K->2019
L->2020
M->2021
etc
The number is the sequence built off the line.

This is exactly the same as the Shelby's and Bullitt number system.
They have no match to the VIN, anyone that does is purely coincidental.

I guess if they made more than 9999, they'd just add a 5th digit.

Reactions: HPP
OP
OP
HPP

HPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Thanks Nexus, that makes perfect sense to me! Cheers :)
Sponsored