Sponsored

How to tell V6 vs Ecoboost?

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
V6 will have tri-bar pony logo on back and eco will just have a pony. Only V6s can not have any fog lights so that's also an easy way to tell
Wrong, 51A brings the foglights as well as the 18" rims :doh:
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Ban all haters. Every single model is a great Mustang. But thanks to OP for starting this thread because unless it had the big ole GT on the back I could never figure out the differences. I still don't even know what's different cosmetically about the GT or especially the PP. I've just been obsessed with the engine so far.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Tri-Bar pony symbol on the back of the V6. Galloping Pony on the EB.
Something new I learned today. So I was correct in assuming the 90% of ponies I personally see galloping around here are EBs. :)
I saw exactly one with the tri-bar thus far and just thought it was a clever mod.:ford:
:cheers:

Sponsored

JTQ92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Performance PacK
Clarification

Ok so after reading this thread I have come to an interesting and shocking conclusion. Sadly it seams as though the GT mustang is faster and will beat the v6 and ecoboost mustangs in a race. I know, I know shocking right? Who would have expected a vehicle with over 100 extra HP and almost as much more torque would defeat our lower spec cars. Its madness. Its to bad that we have to live with our measly 300 hp and 280 torque, should probably just sell it and buy a prius.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Ok so after reading this thread I have come to an interesting and shocking conclusion. Sadly it seams as though the GT mustang is faster and will beat the v6 and ecoboost mustangs in a race. I know, I know shocking right? Who would have expected a vehicle with over 100 extra HP and almost as much more torque would defeat our lower spec cars. Its madness. Its to bad that we have to live with our measly 300 hp and 280 torque, should probably just sell it and buy a prius.
:confused: Looks to me like pretty much everyone was discussing the pony emblems on the rear...

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

hehehehe jusskidding man. But as stated above, the majority of posts are about actual distinctions between the 2 models....

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Another way to tell from the front is the lower grill. The V6 will not have the lower mesh grill for the intercooler. Hard to spot from a distance, the rear logo is the best way to tell.

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Like others have stated, easiest way to tell is the rear emblem.

V6 = tri bar pony logo

Eco = Galloping pony

GT obviously with the GT emblem

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I drive a prius. Why are you bagging on MY CAR?

HaHa Just F%&king with you.:D

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Only V6s can not have any fog lights so that's also an easy way to tell
Unless you're in Canada! The fog lights are required for all models. Free fog lights for everyone!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST

hehehehe jusskidding man. But as stated above, the majority of posts are about actual distinctions between the 2 models....
Hahaha yes! I was waiting for a butthurt comment!

Love all Mustang 6Gs. Don't know why people are so fussy.
Sponsored