BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Another way to tell from the front is the lower grill. The V6 will not have the lower mesh grill for the intercooler. Hard to spot from a distance, the rear logo is the best way to tell.
This isn't always true either, since both Eco-Boost and GT Mustangs with Adaptive Cruise Control also get the same Lower Grill as the V-6. The Only Way to really tell a V-6 from an Eco-Boost is the Tri-Bar Pony on the Rear Decklid

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
How to tell V6 vs Ecoboost ?

But my GT will beat either one equally...
Yeah , But I get Better gas mileage ..and can shoot down any 3 lane street that the 18 wheelers have lined up to keep the econobox crowd driving from 1 stop light to the next . While I bust that manuever to gain speed at a second or 2 and set that steady pace that I have grown accustomed to set in all to catch every freagin darn green light all of the way to work .

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Im going to throw UPR black 2.3T embelms on the fenders of my 6 and their black GT emblem on my decklid...........ill finish it off with a charcoal ROUSH windhshield banner decal and one of those devices that play fake BOV sounds through your radio timed to your shift points

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Not necessarily. Can get both Sparkle 17s and Foundry 18s on both cars. EB PP has unique wheels, and the EB stripe package has unique wheels as well.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
My ex wife had her car for years and couldn't tell me how many cylinders her car had if her life depended on it.
I never can forget a lady at my church many years ago when I asked of her new car, "is it a V6?"
She said: " I don't know, but is has 16 V's "
There must have been a 16V emblem somewhere on the car meaning 16 valves. LOL :lol:

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Enterprise sticker
The assumption was most rentals would be v6 engines, however, I've seen just as many if not more ecos as rentals. Don't know if Ford did this, but it would have been a good marketing angle to give the rental companies the eco at a better rate than the v6 to help promote this new engine.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
This isn't always true either, since both Eco-Boost and GT Mustangs with Adaptive Cruise Control also get the same Lower Grill as the V-6. The Only Way to really tell a V-6 from an Eco-Boost is the Tri-Bar Pony on the Rear Decklid
All EB/GT Mustangs with the ENGINE HEATER option also get the V6 / Adaptive Cruise style lower grill so the cord can be accessed.

This is a no charge mandatory option for all Fords sold in Wisconsin and many other snow belt states.

So if you live in one of these states, the lower grill is definitely NOT an indicator !!

Doug

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
So like is this our new playground ?..I got tired of Tod !

Will :ford: give in and throw more options at the V6 for 2016 or 2017 ? if not OH Well .

I really do like the Satin Brushed Aluminum Dash Panel !:cheers:

Sponsored

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
A lot of great points here.

I'd like to add that if you're taking that long walk to the back of the parking lot and want to identify a blank rear deck stang- the V6 doesn't have the option for the touch screen/BLIS/Premium features. If you spot premium features without a GT side badge then its an EB

-Drew

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The assumption was most rentals would be v6 engines, however, I've seen just as many if not more ecos as rentals. Don't know if Ford did this, but it would have been a good marketing angle to give the rental companies the eco at a better rate than the v6 to help promote this new engine.
Yeah I'm kinda surprised at that too. Considering how people beat up rental cars you'd expect those companies to only want those indestructable V6 engines. But then again by the time the turbos have been demolished those cars will already have been sold on to unsuspecting used car buyers who think they got the deal of the century.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Which one has the really cheezy short exhaust tips? I saw one the other day and it looked terrible.

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
My license plate frame :D

cyclone.jpg

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Which one has the really cheezy short exhaust tips? I saw one the other day and it looked terrible.
Exhaust tips are the same on all 2015 V6 & EB ... small pipe within a pipe ... very similar to the 2011-14 V6 A/T Tips which looked cheesy too.

The 2011-14 V6 M/T tips looked great, they were much bigger and had no inside pipe ... wish Ford had carried these tips over to the 2015 V6 & EB M/T cars.

Here's a pic of one of the stock tips on my 2011 V6 M/T which I think looks great.

Doug
2011 Must 8 16x12.jpg
Sponsored