zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Is the GT350 dash trim part number (provided in the OP) for the main, center piece? Do you have the part numbers for the other three dash pieces? I'd like to swap my GTPP machine turned dash trim out for the GT350 dark charcoal trim.
The part number is for the main piece only. Fordparts has a clear listing for the others though. They will say "SVT" in the description.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
Do I have to remove the two tabs on the back of the gauge cluster to get the panel to fit?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Do I have to remove the two tabs on the back of the gauge cluster to get the panel to fit?
No you do not remove the tabs on the cluster. You have to trim the center of the dash panel as seen in the pics in the OP. Don't worry though, what you are removing is excess material that the dash can live without.
IMG_20151227_152915.jpg

Sponsored

AirStrike6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB V6
I'm part way through my install at the part where you tap into the wires. How do you take the casing off the harness on the APIM connector

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Finished product. Still waiting on the oil pressure sending unit but everything else works fine. :thumbsup:
Looking good! I am still waiting on mine as well... Backordered to the 9th is what I have been told.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I haven't been able to find these gt350 gauges at any dealer yet. Any idea where to find them other than eBay? I have a Gt pp btw

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I haven't been able to find these gt350 gauges at any dealer yet. Any idea where to find them other than eBay? I have a Gt pp btw
You can try to search junkyards but it is highly unlikely you will find it. eBay is really your best bet...

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
So excited to do this! Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

Quick question for a complete car electrical noob, how exactly do you tap into the existing connector wiring? Like, exactly lol.
Link to anything with pics on what to buy? I've tried messing around once before with one of those connector tap things where you're supposed to jam it in the back of the connector and could never get it to go in.
Any soldering required/recommended?

Thanks!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So excited to do this! Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

Quick question for a complete car electrical noob, how exactly do you tap into the existing connector wiring? Like, exactly lol.
Link to anything with pics on what to buy? I've tried messing around once before with one of those connector tap things where you're supposed to jam it in the back of the connector and could never get it to go in.
Any soldering required/recommended?

Thanks!
This is what I do to splice....

Find a decent long section of the wire you want to tap into. Taking a razor blade, remove the insulation in about 3/8-1/2" long section so you have insulation-none-insulation. Do not cut through the actual wire! Once you have the bare section of wire, wrap your new wire around that bare section and solder the connection. Wrap in electrical tape ( or if you want to get fancy you can pull that lead out of the connector and slip on some heat shrink tubing).

Fairly easy procedure and insures a proper connection!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
This is what I do to splice....

Find a decent long section of the wire you want to tap into. Taking a razor blade, remove the insulation in about 3/8-1/2" long section so you have insulation-none-insulation. Do not cut through the actual wire! Once you have the bare section of wire, wrap your new wire around that bare section and solder the connection. Wrap in electrical tape ( or if you want to get fancy you can pull that lead out of the connector and slip on some heat shrink tubing).

Fairly easy procedure and insures a proper connection!
Ahhh ok. For some reason my mind went to those thin long blade connectors that you're supposed to jam into the back of the plug itself, instead of your much more obvious and easy solution :doh:

What are your thoughts on those vampire clips? I'm in an apartment, so running an extension cable allll the way out to the car for my soldering gun isn't the most practical thing.
Sponsored