HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

AlexWI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost Droptop
I have the Ford Performance tune that was originally done by Mountune....now I did the swap..I wonder if Ford would provide the update to the tune? Also, i am wonder if any other tuners work with the Ford Performance Pack tune...I'm almost at my warranty expiration, then I may opt to go to a different tune?
Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Same,... Also did quite the hack... no one mentioned the vents not lining up, Its a TIGHT fix!

I didn't want to post in the Recap thread and clog it up, But Oil Pressure not displaying:

2015 Mustang GT Premium (without Performance pack)
installed the PP trim and gauges last night (Oil Pressure / Vac gauges)... not boost

Harness wire 1 to Pin 1
Harness wire 2 to Pin 53 (double blue wire) striped and spliced into both
Harness wire 3 to Pin 54 (double white wire) striped and spliced into both
Harness wire 4 to pin 37 larger black wire

All lights up, My color works, Vac works (can matches cluster display).
Just no movement on the oil pressure gauge.

SO, Am I back to needing a tune (aftermarket). OR, is this something the dealership can "activate".

OR does someone see a flaw in my wiring?

Once I have a fix, I'll update the RECAP thread
Is your GT AT or MT?

AlexWI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost Droptop
+1

although it may be enough reason to fully tune the car....

If anyone comes up with anything other solutions, please let us know. I have an oil change coming up, I'll ask then.

G-Rell, did you ever ask your Ford dealer if they could do anything to enable the oil gauge? Or did you finally end up with an aftermarket tune?

Artfedz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I been wondering if anyone came across any issues with both gauges malfunctioning. I followed instructions on first page after carefully reading. Made sure to solder everything good and shrink wrap it. When everything was done turned car on and gauges powered on, my color worked fine but it will change from whatever color i set it back to white then completely turns off. Moments after turns back one changes to my color and runs good for a minute. Then it repeats its self. I have a 2015 GT premium running PP gauges from a GT not EB.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Try to knock them with your hand.. it will come back to life :)
If the gauges have power, but not data signal, they will stop at first, then turn white and then off after a while. When they are detecting signal back, they will power on again at first in white and then in selected mycolor setting.

I had the same problem, I suspect the connector not fitting perfectly, or the gauges had some issues (I had the gauges for free with the PP dash)

Sponsored

Artfedz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arturo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Try to knock them with your hand.. it will come back to life :)
If the gauges have power, but not data signal, they will stop at first, then turn white and then off after a while. When they are detecting signal back, they will power on again at first in white and then in selected mycolor setting.

I had the same problem, I suspect the connector not fitting perfectly, or the gauges had some issues (I had the gauges for free with the PP dash)
I was tapping on them and they would work lol. After a minute of thinking i decided to remove the connector and check if it was lose. I dissasembled it and recheck all pins reassembled then reconnected. After that they worked fine and havent acted up. You got your gauges free?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes I bought the PP dash from ebay and together they sent the GT gauges.. so I was not sure if the gauses are defective or the connector was loose -Ă  but I am pretty sure for the second. Now I have removed the PP dash (I'm selling the car) so I have no need to check :)

Marty_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hello All, thank you for the post, I am almost complete on this installation.
I ran into a small snag, however.
When removing pin 48 and moving it to location # 57 i actually damaged the female connector on the end.
Does anyone have a part number for this crimp female terminal?

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
I have a base 15 GT non-PP, i've acquired a set of PP gauges(oil pressure & vac), the dash panel, and i have a tune with the oil pressure gauge turned on. I should just need to get that pigtail, wire it up, cut up the vents and thats it? or is there something else am missing.?

Marty_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
UPDATE to my post #443
If anyone else damages a small PCM pin, which is one used for the oil pressure switch/gauge for this mod, I finally was able to track down a part number.
It is: TE/AMP terminal 1456968-1
I was able to find a supplier to order individually and ordered a few spares.

Take care.

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
It's a long thread and have a simple Q.
Can we make both gauges work on an Euro Ecoboost (OIl pressure and boost) It seems at start only one will work (boost) and wondering if there is an easy solution to get oil pressure working as well.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
It's a long thread and have a simple Q.
Can we make both gauges work on an Euro Ecoboost (OIl pressure and boost) It seems at start only one will work (boost) and wondering if there is an easy solution to get oil pressure working as well.
A simple tune should make the oil pressure gauge work with the EB. Just have to let the tuner know to activate the gauges in the tune.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
It seems this is Ecoboost US only and Export version has no oil pressure sensor... :frown:
Can you see the oil pressure in the regular dash menu on your car or just oil temperature. On EU/Export model only temp...
Is adding a sensor easy ? and Q would be what's the calibration of the gauge ?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
What oil pressure sensor is installed in the US ECoboost, partnumber ? Guess it will fit EU version as well...?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Any one still on topic? I finally finished reading al 23 pages !!!! :muscle:

Facts :
- I have an Ecoboost export model with a custom tune (made in Belgium). All the export models seems to be PP equiped apart of an oil pressure sensor and the gauges.
- Have the opportunity to buy dash panels and will get the EB gauges from PJ Pony if it all makes sense and can be made up and runing.

Q's :
- If the Ecoboost export doesn't have an oil pressure sensor, is this the one I should buy ?: CM5Z-9278-A
- Once I have it, how to and where to connect ?
- Guess I will need a tune on top. What should I ask the tuner to do as he has no idea..

Looking forward to have the first Belgian EB with gauges...

Thx for the info.
Sponsored