Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Any one still on topic? I finally finished reading al 23 pages !!!! :muscle:

Facts :
- I have an Ecoboost export model with a custom tune (made in Belgium). All the export models seems to be PP equiped apart of an oil pressure sensor and the gauges.
- Have the opportunity to buy dash panels and will get the EB gauges from PJ Pony if it all makes sense and can be made up and runing.

Q's :
- If the Ecoboost export doesn't have an oil pressure sensor, is this the one I should buy ?: CM5Z-9278-A
- Once I have it, how to and where to connect ?
- Guess I will need a tune on top. What should I ask the tuner to do as he has no idea..

Looking forward to have the first Belgian EB with gauges...

Thx for the info.
Unfortunately I think you will have to pull the ford wiring diagrams for the export modes to confirm if the wiring for the pressure sensor is the same. I can not say for sure that the export modes are not completely different in the process to install this sensor.
Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Suppose I install the sensor and replace the switch, where should you if you had to do it on US car connect the 2 new cables ? piggy tail on the HS1-Can ?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ?

Suppose I install the sensor and replace the switch, where should the 2 new extra cables (compared to 1 on a switch) be connected ?
piggy tail on the HS1-Can ?

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Looks like my theory is correct!! I can find part numbers for two different oil pressure sending units. One reads "less performance pack" and the other "with performance pack". :thumbsup: Best part about it is that the unit is only $30!
Whats the PP1 oil pressure sensor part number?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For the American GT's, isn't the oil pressure sensor the same for the Base Model and the Performance Pack?

Wouldn't it have to be the same sensor if all you need to do is perform a tune in order to read PSI?

Sponsored

Bnewell101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a late year 2015 (vin claims 2016 production date is 8/15) GT premium and apparently I do not have the plug and play wire for the gauges. Has anyone run into this and found the wire elsewhere in the dash? I'd like to avoid splicing as much as possible but I don't particularly want to go on a wild goose chase for a non existent wire

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
If it's not clearly visible, it's not there. I had to splice mine and got to start with the boost gauge to work.
Next step is visiting my tuner to get the oil pressure up and runing. View attachment 362236
gauges2.jpg
gauges1.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I have a late year 2015 (vin claims 2016 production date is 8/15) GT premium and apparently I do not have the plug and play wire for the gauges. Has anyone run into this and found the wire elsewhere in the dash? I'd like to avoid splicing as much as possible but I don't particularly want to go on a wild goose chase for a non existent wire
If its not behind the radio screen its not there.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If its not behind the radio screen its not there.
Not just the radio screen. It's way back behind the synch module. You have to unscrew the screen and pull it forward. Then, there is a metal module you need to remove.

But wait, there's more!!! If you purchase now.... Oh wait...

....there's ANOTHER black box module behind the metal one. You have to remove that one too... Then you'll see the square hole towards the top with a couple visible female plugs. Below those tiny plugs is a plastic clip that holds it in place. You need to insert a small flat head screwdriver and gently press underneath to release it. Then, gently pull it out from behind with with your fingers. It's a tricky little sucker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sonicblue2004

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT California , Roush Phase 1 S/C w/ VMP Tune
Not just the radio screen. It's way back behind the synch module. You have to unscrew the screen and pull it forward. Then, there is a metal module you need to remove.

But wait, there's more!!! If you purchase now.... Oh wait...

....there's ANOTHER black box module behind the metal one. You have to remove that one too... Then you'll see the square hole towards the top with a couple visible female plugs. Below those tiny plugs is a plastic clip that holds it in place. You need to insert a small flat head screwdriver and gently press underneath to release it. Then, gently pull it out from behind with with your fingers. It's a tricky little sucker.

If you are talking about this, my GT did not have it. This is a picture of behind the black plastic that support the sync screen. I did not see what everyone is describing.
39753774-9FF4-4FB7-90B0-39B4DDB8072B.jpeg

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
On pin 53 and 54, I have two wires feeding into each pin, did you splice into both wires? Or just one?
No splicing, I had the harness already . Is that what gave you the gauges on the sync screen? Pretty cool!

sonicblue2004

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT California , Roush Phase 1 S/C w/ VMP Tune
If it's not clearly visible, it's not there. I had to splice mine and got to start with the boost gauge to work.
Next step is visiting my tuner to get the oil pressure up and runing. View attachment 362236
gauges2.jpg
gauges1.jpg
On pin 53 and 54, I have two wires feeding into each pin, did you splice into both wires? Or just one?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you are talking about this, my GT did not have it.
If it's not behimd the black plastic module, then no you don't have it. I've heard of a few guys now who only removed the one metal box module and thought it wasn't thers, when have to remove both.

Well, the good news is, you can in fact splice that main connector and run the gauge connector to make it work.
Sponsored