papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thank you in advance Bryan and thaks to t1000 for looking into that.
The pictures you posted are a hard read for me, but if I understand correctly:
- we need to move grey wire from pin 48 to pin 57, and then we still need a tune to have the low oil light to go off.
Actually we still need a tune to have the gauge working even without moving the wire, so this don't seem a solution.
I am thinking: if we need that signal on pin 57 to have the gauge working, and we need it also on pin 48 to not have the low oil light, can we carry that signal on pin 57 without removing the wire from pin 48?

Also, looking at the connector in post #1 the higher pins no. seems to be 54, no mention of 57. I don't remember now how the connector was in real..
Sponsored

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
As a follow up, and just to clarify, my car is a GT, I am not sure if this would work on a V6 or 4 cyl? The wiring shows how to wire in the factory performance pack oil sending unit in. My understanding is that a tune alone will not get this done (not here to argue or debate, that's my understanding). So you have to wire in the 3 wire performance pack oil sending unit. all the wiring is done under the hood and goes to the main wiring harness that plugs into the PCM. On the non performance pack cars like ours, the 1 grey wire goes to pin 48 in that wiring harness and your computer (based on it's current program (tune)) reads pin 48 strictly for normal and low oil pressure. The wiring pic (sorry that is a phone picture of a computer screen, I can not get them any clearer) shows the 2 wires that need to be tapped into, and shows moving the gray wire from pin 48 to pin 57 in that wiring harness. When you look on your harness you will see that pin 57 has an opening, but it also has a block off in it (plastic) because it's not used on non performance pack harness. So you have to use a small pick to "knock" that out so you can move the wire. Be careful because there is a part of it that holds the wire in place (clip) when moved to that port. Once all this is done and you start your car, the oil pressure gauge will still NOT work, plus your low oil light will come on. The reason for this is that your PCM is still reading pin 48, which now has no reading (because you moved the wire). At this point you need a tuner that can send you a tune for performance pack programming. That tune correct the PCM to read PIN 57 for normal and also start reading pressure. I used Shaun at AED, in my opinion one of the best tuners out there, he's tuned my cars in the past and is extremely knowledgeable about these 5.0 motors. He knows how to do this, but his tune requires you to wire in the correct (factory) sending unit and wiring per the pic's. I hope this help, write ups are not my strength.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What would happen if you Y to pin 57 AND 48? Would that make the computer still see the expected signal and fix the bogus oil pressure message?

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
That would probably work, but once the computer is programmed for the performance pack oil sending unit, it will no longer read pin 48. So in theory to Y it in would only prevent the low light from coming on until you get your tune.

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Thank you in advance Bryan and thaks to t1000 for looking into that.
The pictures you posted are a hard read for me, but if I understand correctly:
- we need to move grey wire from pin 48 to pin 57, and then we still need a tune to have the low oil light to go off.
Actually we still need a tune to have the gauge working even without moving the wire, so this don't seem a solution.
I am thinking: if we need that signal on pin 57 to have the gauge working, and we need it also on pin 48 to not have the low oil light, can we carry that signal on pin 57 without removing the wire from pin 48?

Also, looking at the connector in post #1 the higher pins no. seems to be 54, no mention of 57. I don't remember now how the connector was in real..
It is the solution it perfectly puts the non-performance premium gt exactly as the performance pack gt car and what's most important to remember is after doing so T1000 gauges are working perfectly

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
What would happen if you Y to pin 57 AND 48? Would that make the computer still see the expected signal and fix the bogus oil pressure message?
No.

The Pressure switch is just that... a binary switch that provides a digital high or low value. Pin 48 is just a logic pin looking for a 0v or 12v signal to turn a light on or off.

When you replace the pressure switch with a sending unit the signal becomes analog. It no longer gives a value of 1 or 0, but every number in between. Pin 57 goes to an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) which interprets the data and ultimately displays the pressure on a gauge.

You cannot do both.

JIM-GT2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP + AT
Has anyone already programmed the Oil pressure gauge with the Ford IDS and a VCM2 replica? does it work?

JIM-GT2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is there any system with which the Mustang can be coded?

00racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
Would anyone have a pic of the pinout for the pcm plug on a 2016 GT .... cant seem to find it anywhere there is v6 an EB not sure if there the same thats all ... need to find Pin 57 location to switch wires
cheers

Sponsored

JIM-GT2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,
GT it is exactly the same as described, the upper connector of the engine control unit, I'll send you later a photo of the connector and the pin 57.

JIM-GT2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Steve here are the pictures