Sponsored

How to replace PCV valve?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Backstory - When I installed my McLeod clutch line two weeks ago, I had trouble seating the fitting into the hard line at the master cylinder. To get a better angle, I climbed on top of the intake manifold.

Issue - Today while I was sitting at a red light, I saw some gray smoke coming from the hood and could smell a little burning oil. I stopped and opened the hood to see a little smoke coming from the passenger side head. After the engine cooled, I removed my catch can and the passenger coil cover, and found a decent amount of oil on the head and around the exhaust manifold. I checked the level, and there's no appreciable drop, but the PCV is wobbling and moving around, as the video shows.

Problem - I obviously need a new PCV valve, which is no big deal, it's a $5 part. I can't find any information on removing it from the head, though. Anyone have a procedure for this?

Thanks,
JR
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The PCV valve should just pull out of the rubber grommet it's inserted into. It wobbles around because of the rubber seal. If you have oil around your exhaust manifold, it might be loose valve cover bolts and not the PCV valve.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
pcv valve is suppose to whobble a bit mine did. To remove it just push slightly down and twist counter clock wise it has one long thread like a curved slide at the park. I actually had to use some channel locks the first time but with delicate care. Shake it and if you hear the valve rattling it's still good.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
yeah you have to turn it counter clockwise to get it out
Sponsored