How to read your ECU??

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
What would it take for the advantage guy to read his ECU? I'd like to know the settings of my ECU before doing any tuning...
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You need some sort of device and software. I use HP Tuners suite, which has a physical device that plugs into your car and then a Windows software to read and/or adjust any of the parameters.

Have you done this before? Are you well knowledged in how tuning works and specifically the Copperhead ECU? This is not for beginners or novices.

OP
OP
Coyote Chase

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Yes and no... My background is industrial refrigeration and heavy commercial air conditioning.
Part of my training was controls, where we would go into the manufacturer's programming and make modifications to increase the Performance of their equipment for different applications.

OP
OP
Coyote Chase

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
HP Tuning is the new sponsor of the NMRA class that I compete in (SST / Super Stang)!
Screenshot_2021-07-02-13-56-56.png

Picture of my 2018 Mustang windshield, finished 8th in points last year and am currently in 9th place.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
My background is industrial refrigeration and heavy commercial air conditioning.
Part of my training was controls, where we would go into the manufacturer's programming and make modifications to increase the Performance of their equipment for different applications.
Probably farther along that most people, but I wouldn't really compare tuning engines to tuning refrigerators.
Sponsored