How to fix the passenger mirror

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Afdyce, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang The Boss

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Race Red Ecoboost
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    My dad who is 5ft 8/9 had no issues with the mirrors, and he didn't move them from where mine were! (moved the seat though) very peculiar. What EXACTLY are you trying to see in ur mirror? I mean u can see the thing and see what's to the left, but are u trying to see the entire flank of ur car? Just the back corner? None of the car? etc?

2. McXtravert

McXtravert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
    Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
    0   0   0
    Sitting in the driving position (pretty far back i.e. next to no rear leg room) I can see a very VERY small piece of the rear wing - I would say about 2% car, 98% air, no road surface. That is the mirror moved as far as it will go (it 'bounces' on the mirror motor if I try to go further). My wife when driving can only see air. If I move the seat forward, the view turns to 100% air. The seat can't go much further back.

Surely that can't be normal? In my last car (Civic Type-R) the mirrors could be adjusted much much more to give a 'normal' view.

3. SteveS

SteveS ...Bon Scott Land...

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT Magnetic
    0   0   0
    The problem is that the passenger mirror is actually the US driver mirror which they haven't changed. It's normal in that respect.
    It does seem that mirror adjustability (is that even a word) varies from car to car, going by owner reports.

4. Jimboy2

Jimboy2 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mazda Mx5 :(
    0   0   0
    It's really weird. I'm 5-8 ish and have no real issues. Can see most of the rear arch/hump they are at maximum tilt. I guess we all have different driving positions.