How to fix the passenger mirror

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
has anyone spoken to Ford about this?

I'm 5ft 10" and I've got to crank my entire body to see out of the ruddy passenger mirror. Wife at 5ft 4" can't see a thing.

Interestingly enough, one thing we checked on the test drive was mirror visibility and it was fine on the demo car!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone spoken to Ford about this?

I'm 5ft 10" and I've got to crank my entire body to see out of the ruddy passenger mirror. Wife at 5ft 4" can't see a thing.

Interestingly enough, one thing we checked on the test drive was mirror visibility and it was fine on the demo car!
Try fiddling with your seat if there's an issue? Might be seat position, it can go up down front back ;)

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try fiddling with your seat if there's an issue? Might be seat position, it can go up down front back ;)
it doesn't go round and round though :p And I defo don't want to be going upside down!

Seriously though, seating position is all sorted.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'm 5'11'' or thereabouts and with the mirror turned maximum inwards (which makes the glass protrude from the housing on the outside) I get a perfect view down the flank of the car. I could sit slightly further back which a rough sketch indicates would give me more adjustment. Therefore, assuming all mirrors are created equal (!) you need to either move your seat backwards or recline a bit more. Your wife at 5'4'' has little to no chance of getting a good view ;)

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I'm sure this is the wrong way to do it but I just forced by pushing it past its clicking gears until it was at a better default position and all is well.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My dad who is 5ft 8/9 had no issues with the mirrors, and he didn't move them from where mine were! (moved the seat though) very peculiar. What EXACTLY are you trying to see in ur mirror? I mean u can see the thing and see what's to the left, but are u trying to see the entire flank of ur car? Just the back corner? None of the car? etc?

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dad who is 5ft 8/9 had no issues with the mirrors, and he didn't move them from where mine were! (moved the seat though) very peculiar. What EXACTLY are you trying to see in ur mirror? I mean u can see the thing and see what's to the left, but are u trying to see the entire flank of ur car? Just the back corner? None of the car? etc?
Sitting in the driving position (pretty far back i.e. next to no rear leg room) I can see a very VERY small piece of the rear wing - I would say about 2% car, 98% air, no road surface. That is the mirror moved as far as it will go (it 'bounces' on the mirror motor if I try to go further). My wife when driving can only see air. If I move the seat forward, the view turns to 100% air. The seat can't go much further back.

Surely that can't be normal? In my last car (Civic Type-R) the mirrors could be adjusted much much more to give a 'normal' view.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Sitting in the driving position (pretty far back i.e. next to no rear leg room) I can see a very VERY small piece of the rear wing - I would say about 2% car, 98% air, no road surface. That is the mirror moved as far as it will go (it 'bounces' on the mirror motor if I try to go further). My wife when driving can only see air. If I move the seat forward, the view turns to 100% air. The seat can't go much further back.

Surely that can't be normal? In my last car (Civic Type-R) the mirrors could be adjusted much much more to give a 'normal' view.
The problem is that the passenger mirror is actually the US driver mirror which they haven't changed. It's normal in that respect.
It does seem that mirror adjustability (is that even a word) varies from car to car, going by owner reports.