How to fix paint chip

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Jared: It sounds like you found a first-rate place. Taking a week means they are going to do what needs to be done and you are going to be SO happy with how she looks.
I think I will. They came very highly recommended by a friend in the business who is actually in Ohio, but gave me two high end shops to talk to in my area with impeccable reputations. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The good picks that are sharp..the round ones, I've found to work best. (and with some fine grit paper, you can make them even sharper.)

For really small applications, the needle on a small syringe works very well, also.

Finally, a BIG "AMEN" to "steady hands." :-)
I use these, they are the best thing I have ever used for filling chips.

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anybody know if Ford released rapid red touch up yet? I have two chips on the hood to touch up and have found ruby red but it’s one shade darker!!

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Anybody know if Ford released rapid red touch up yet? I have two chips on the hood to touch up and have found ruby red but it’s one shade darker!!
Call your dealer, mine had to order the paint pen as they didn't keep Twister Orange in stock

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Once again, you come up with a solution, Jaime. I'd never seen those Motorcraft pens before. And I LOVE those little applicators!

Unfortunately, no Rapid Red..yet, at least that I could find. Aftermarket paints yes, but nothing from Ford that I found.

RG: I did get bottles of touch-up in Rapid though and those were available quite some time ago. Got 'em from the same place I've been getting touchup for years but Sometimer's isn't letting me recall the outfit's name.

Found it in my OCD-saved email receipts. <chuckling>

Same place as Jaime's applicators...AutomotiveTouchup.
Sponsored