Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
:doh:Doooohhh The fact that you don't have a convertible is the reason this question is not directed at you personally. Wes and I are asking other convertible owners to respond. "...ask uncle Google" is a bit condescending. Personally, I did and even went to the F150 Forum to see if there were answers there.
:chill: Had no intention to patronize anyone.
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Sorry Mak, just am frustrated and the follow up post all seem to say even disconnecting the mic in the maplamp is not really addressing the problem. The ACN is "good" and the Sound Symposer is the "bad" part we are all trying to rid ourselves of. So far, it would seem no one has succesfully shut down the sound symposer in a convertible, just the ACN. Hopefully, the answer is as simple as pulling a plug, rewriting code is beyond my technical capability.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No problem. We are all here to help each other! :cheers:

Maybe this can help? I found it last night and I forgot to post the link. Go to the post of skneb62 towards the end of the thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mustang/comments/2os26k/2015_ecoboost_help/

Maybe there is different way to disconnect the mic located in the map light on a convertible.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It's so funny how this goes on this forum. 2-3 years ago when the ecoboost was new we all went through this. Trying to figure out how to disable it. Then everyone was saying how much better it sounded then a bit later a bunch of people came back and said they plugged it back in and liked it better with it active. Now we have a whole new group of people on the forum learning it all over.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It's not strange at all. It's normal. There are people, like myself, who bought their cars later than other people and they try to find a way to improve what they don't like (probably what you guys did a while ago). And the best way to do that is through the forums. Older owners have already experienced these things at an earlier stage and it's very helpful when they share this experience with newer owners. It's normal for people to have questions, investigate the potential of their cars, especially a Mustang - which for us Europeans is a legend, an untouched dream until recenty!

The active noise control by the way is a good thing if the car has the stock exhaust. If a lowder exhaust is installed, like in my car, it messes up the sound. So IMHO it's better to disable it. Personally I prefer the natural sound of my exhausts.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That's true and I will never blame anyone on the forum for not searching because I certainly have a difficult time finding information that I know for a fact was posted on here before.

I didn't mean it in a bad way was just pointing out the waves of learning. It's a shame the things we've learned aren't easier to reference.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It is indeed... I guess that's why people keep creating new threads about the same thing over and over again...

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! There really is not a ton of info on how to disable the sound symposer. Thanks Mak for the info on the ACN. Still don't have a clue where to disconnect the convertible one, the connector seems to be way downstream and pulling the fuse is only good to see what the difference is but not a solution. Please if anyone knows the deal for convertibles, would appreciate the assistance.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I disconnected the mic in mine because some one mentioned improved stereo audio quality Lol..

I do like the fake engine sound inside the cabin because otherwise it's dead quiet.. but I can live without it. Not sure if the sound quality of my stereo has improved at all tho.. :\

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Regarding the convertible, buried somewhere in the infotainment section there is a thread that mentioned the vert has tbree mic's. IIRC, the other two are in the caps on either side of the rear seatbacks. I remember having to unplug something back there when I replaced my rear speakers, they could have been the mic's but i didnt know it at the time. CJPony parts has a great video for installing the light bar that shows how to access the area but I dont recall them unplugging anything back there on the demo car which I believe was a base model. I have a 201A.

Another option for those in the states is the Ford Preformance tune which disables that feature. I really like the natural exhaust sound myself. Not really sure how it effects the sound system yet.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I disabled mine via Forscan(software based instead of hardware based). I think my MBRP exhaust sounds better now! Less drone. Regarding the music sounding better, it sounds the exact same. No difference at all.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
With the MBRPs I think this is a must do. First thing I did after I installed them.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I just did mine as well... Big difference. Below is a video on how I did it. Enjoy!

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I just did mine as well... Big difference. Below is a video on how I did it. Enjoy!

good vid simple and to the point...

side note did anybody get suggested a video after boostangs of a guy putting e85 in his EB but failed to say if he even had an aux kit or was even tuned at all lol :shrug:
Sponsored