Sponsored

How To: Cloth Removal and Leather Install

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Thanks for the great write-up. I traded out my base cloth seats in my 2015 Mustang vert for some wild Purple and Gold leathers from Katzkins for $1,200 installed. It took two guys from the Dealer Source shop in Austin just an hour. Very pleased with my LSU themed seats and the quality is excellent. As I recall, there were about 60 colors of leather to choose from and four different Mustang motif patterns to select. I selected what I wanted and in a week's time they were installed. Head-turner for sure. Your great tutorial post shows that you can have great seats done by yourself. Thanks.
Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Thanks for the great write-up. I traded out my base cloth seats in my 2015 Mustang vert for some wild Purple and Gold leathers from Katzkins for $1,200 installed. It took two guys from the Dealer Source shop in Austin just an hour. Very pleased with my LSU themed seats and the quality is excellent. As I recall, there were about 60 colors of leather to choose from and four different Mustang motif patterns to select. I selected what I wanted and in a week's time they were installed. Head-turner for sure. Your great tutorial post shows that you can have great seats done by yourself. Thanks.
How is the quality of the Katz leather?

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Very impressed

How is the quality of the Katz leather?
I am very pleased with the quality of the leather and the fit and finish are great. The color is beautiful and the leather is thick and soft. And the contrasting color stiching is straight and looks better than the Ford stock seats. I've taken the car to three car shows and the purple and gold leather seats never failed to draw a crowd. Other car dudes couldn't believe how reasonable the price was for such fine looking leather seats. Very well worth the money I'd say.

ianw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V8 Mustang Black
Thanks ColdShotxx for the awesome write up and very thorough how to! i followed your guide almost exactly and it worked perfectly.

However, one thing i had to do differently:
the rear/back seat removal:
there was NO WAY in hell i was able to get to the 15mm bolt for the seatbacks without having to first remove the bottom actual seat bottom part first. once i removed that part, the rear seatback bolts on each side of the seats was easily accessible.

btw in case anyone else is looking to do this, i bought my seats from newtakeoff(dot)com which cost me $575 with free shipping. make sure you order the correct ones. there are like 3 variations(side airbags, non side airbags, and premium) i had the base gt. so i just got the "2015 Ford Mustang Fastback OEM Take-Off Leather Interior Seat Covers with SAB (Free Shipping)"

Sponsored

Shivasdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
I'm stuck, can someone help me figure out how to put the trim piece on the back of seat the folds the seat forward?
It was simple to remove burin can't seem to get it back on.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
lift up on the handle, slid the trim over, work the top portion in first at an angle. Then just pop it down in to place.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I will just add 1 piece of info to this. If you pull the front top seat covers all the way up, you can reach behind the seat foam and press the clip to remove the head rest. Much easier than trying to work a small screw driver in from the top.

Shivasdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Work the top portion in how? Not really understanding because what I'm trying is not working.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
put the trim piece through the handle that is being held up, then work top portion in first. Wish I had a pic to explain it.

is this the piece you're talking about.
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Remove the trim bezel around the rear recline on the back of the seat back using just your hands. I found it works by lifting the lever, rotate the trim 90 degrees and lift up and out.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
^ This. You just have to get the top portion in first. It has that stepped lip that can get in the way, and coming in at a slight angle and spinning it usually does the trick.

Agree with [MENTION=17420]Quiksilver15[/MENTION] on the headrest posts. You can just reach behind the foam in once the cover is up and release them. This was even easier on the S197s... Screwdriver does work though.

I read through this before I installed my LE seat covers, just to be sure I knew where everything was (like the slide clips on the seat bottom). Definitely a useful guide.

Last edited:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Sub

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
If I could find a set with suede middle I would do this in a heart beat.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I am selling a set of leather take off from a premium model if anyone is interested check the for sale section or pm me.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
^ This. You just have to get the top portion in first. It has that stepped lip that can get in the way, and coming in at a slight angle and spinning it usually does the trick.

Agree with [MENTION=17420]Quiksilver15[/MENTION] on the headrest posts. You can just reach behind the foam in once the cover is up and release them. This was even easier on the S197s... Screwdriver does work though.

I read through this before I installed my LE seat covers, just to be sure I knew where everything was (like the slide clips on the seat bottom). Definitely a useful guide.

Where did you find LE seat covers???
Sponsored