Sponsored

How To: Cloth Removal and Leather Install

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What holes are you guys talking about having to cut?

I bought a set of black leather take offs a few years back and I think I'm going to swap them in place instead of my ceramic/black. I'm assuming I won't have to cut anything? I noticed these don't have the magnet for the seat belt strap, do I just transfer that over?
Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take offs already have cut holes. This is for the headrest pillars and the release on the back. The custom seats generally won't come with these precut.

What holes are you guys talking about having to cut?

I bought a set of black leather take offs a few years back and I think I'm going to swap them in place instead of my ceramic/black. I'm assuming I won't have to cut anything? I noticed these don't have the magnet for the seat belt strap, do I just transfer that over?

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Take offs already have cut holes. This is for the headrest pillars and the release on the back. The custom seats generally won't come with these precut.
Got it. They did have them already. I did the driver's seat this past weekend. Headrest posts were a PITA for me, I got them in, but one of them definitely won't be coming back out on it's own if I needed to remove it.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I finished my seats today. Wanted to add I was able to pull the old leather off right around the headrest posts without having to remove them. That saved a ton of time compared to the first seat I did where I pulled them. New leather went on just fine too.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Can’t remember if it was the Mustang or my truck but the headrests were awful until I realized the two metal posts came out of the foam. Just slid right out as an assembly, made the headrests a non issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ColdShotxx

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
Well, its been 6+ years since posting, but I have updated the OP in red for a few changes I've found on my new 2021 installing some new katzkin in my new GT.
  • Biggest change is that a torx plus TP55 is now needed instead of a standard T50. I had to order this. I tried a T55 on one seat but was going to strip my other, i would not recommend. Amz had a TP55 shipped in one day for $9.
  • The strap under the front bottom seat cuahion is now a solid peice instead two pieces velcro'd. You just need to slip off the cushion from frame to remove.
  • Hog rings arent used from factory any longer, but mount ing location is still there so hog rings can be used to install.
Otherwise, my 2021 GT install was exactly the same as my 2015 V6 and GT.

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
I am jealous. great job.
Sponsored