Sponsored

How To: Cloth Removal and Leather Install

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Not sure why this is taking you so long. I did this twice the first time was like 3 hours did it the second time in 2.
Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Not sure why this is taking you so long. I did this twice the first time was like 3 hours did it the second time in 2.
Because I'm old and slow, I guess. Finished the last seat yesterday. Still have headrests to cover and door panels. But the hard part is behind me. :cheers:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Did anyone ever find a part number for the leather seatbelt straps? I assume no one has. Searching the forum and google has come up with nothing.

I just got my takeoffs from Roush for a great price and will be working on installing these 2 weeks from now.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Did anyone ever find a part number for the leather seatbelt straps? I assume no one has. Searching the forum and google has come up with nothing.

I just got my takeoffs from Roush for a great price and will be working on installing these 2 weeks from now.
Part number is FR3Z-63610C07-DB , that's for the black leather straps. You can get them in cashmere and ceramic too.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Thank you very much Coconut!

Wow, at around $38 for a single strap, I think I'll re-use my cloth ones. That's a very overpriced strip of leather.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Installed my leather seat covers today. This write up was very helpful. Took about 7 hours, partially because I was watching football at the same time. I dont think this job is anything someone should be scared of doing. As many others have said, just be patient and set aside plenty of time.

One step closer to having the premium interior that should have been offered with the V6!

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Newtakeoff is only showing as having the leather covers without the side air bags? Did any model(s) of the S550 come without them? I was under the impression that all '15-'17s had them. Can anyone clarify this for me? I meant to order a set last week and it slipped my mind. I hope I didn't miss out on this due to my negligence.

camlitlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Camaro
I finished my cloth to leather this weekend. Some takeaways that may help.

1. My 2016 GTPP did not have the hog rings in the front seats. It had the small metal bar where they are suppose to be in the padding so I used the tie wrap option from this bar to the leather covers.
2. IMO the headrest can be one of the hardest parts. The two plastic pieces are a pain to get to unclip. I was able to slide them apart kind instead of unclipping them.
3. As mentions in other post, take your time. The job is not hard with the tools mentioned but it is tedious.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Bringing this awesome thread back up from the dead to keep questions and answers together but does anyone know if the rear seats can be done first withOUT removing the fronts from the car? In other words, can the back seat be removed from the car without removing a front seat (1 or 2). I'd like to start on the rear first as practice.

Thanks in advance.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Bringing this awesome thread back up from the dead to keep questions and answers together but does anyone know if the rear seats can be done first withOUT removing the fronts from the car? In other words, can the back seat be removed from the car without removing a front seat (1 or 2). I'd like to start on the rear first as practice.

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure it can be done, but I would suggest removing at least one of the fronts (likely the passenger side) for ease of access. Plus it reduces the risk of anything falling onto the plastic trim and gouging/scratching it.

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert

Thanks in advance.
I was able to do it that way, but I have a convertible. Hardtop would be difficult.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I removed rear seats without removing the fronts. Not hard at all

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
So I just finished doing the rear seats and the only thing I couldn't get done was reattaching those 2 long rubber strips together on the back rests. I noticed how it was attached on the 2nd seat and as much as I tried pressing the 2 strips together they just would not clip in together.

Any suggestions? I've left them as is and you can't really tell as that part is in the trunk ... I may attach them another way (hog rings or stitch it) if no solution is found.

Thanks in advance.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
So I just finished doing the rear seats and the only thing I couldn't get done was reattaching those 2 long rubber strips together on the back rests. I noticed how it was attached on the 2nd seat and as much as I tried pressing the 2 strips together they just would not clip in together.

Any suggestions? I've left them as is and you can't really tell as that part is in the trunk ... I may attach them another way (hog rings or stitch it) if no solution is found.

Thanks in advance.
I used a small screwdriver and hooked it into the plastic part and stretched it to hook it up.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks ... it's back in the car so not sure I want to try that without removing them again but will see.
Sponsored