Sponsored

How To: Cloth Removal and Leather Install

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
May have a damaged pin if none of the above helps.

I didn't wait any specific time between disconnecting my negative cable and unplugging the harnesses. It was probably only 5 minutes if that.
Sponsored

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
May have a damaged pin if none of the above helps.

I didn't wait any specific time between disconnecting my negative cable and unplugging the harnesses. It was probably only 5 minutes if that.
which one did you reconnect first the harness or battery

Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Are you able to see if there is any damage to pins in both the male and female ends?

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
If none of the above has worked I'd probably take it into the dealer under warranty and have them figure it out.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe check the pressure switch connectors? During your install there was at least another connector under there.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have to resurrect this thread and thank the OP ColdShotxxx for the detailed instructions! I just finished installing Katzkin into my 18 and the steps on this post were invaluable. Thanks again!!!!

jjminch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost 6M Base
For those who did the Katzkins, how did you cut the holes? Meaning lay it out next to the OEM one and then cut to same location? Or install it and then cut the holes once its on the seat?

Pulled my seats out and am staring at them and obviously a little nervous.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done this on two cars. On this mustang overall it was much easier. Almost no hog rings and everything just kinda velcros in (or clips). But the holes were the most difficult part. It's been a couple years almost now but going by memory, after getting everything straight and tightened down I kind of looked at the other seat and the old cover. From there I ballparked very carefully the location the hole needed to be. I then used a very small punch tool like an ice pick and started there. I punctured it and used it to feel out the frame hole. It's important to get that first hole as best as you can so that it will exist somewhere in the main hole. I then used a razor to carefully slit out the hole big enough to put in a screw driver. Then used it to feel as well. I then cut it out further each time trying to straighten it by cutting more or less depending on where it needed to be. Keep in mind these are basically three to four very small cuts in an x pattern. When you get to just enough space you can then position the plastic posts of the head rest. You can also kind of cut the resulting flap if needed to make a more rounded hole.

On the mustang I'm trying to remember if I needed to cut anything for the seatbelt strap? I seem to remember feeling through the new cover and working on it with a razor.

*** Just remembered the recline lever on the back was a pain. I just kind of worked it from the center of its spot and opened up a little at a time until I could put it together. Just remember check three times and cut 1/3 what you think you should at a time. Same principal though. Start small in middle and cut bigger and bigger hole.

For those who did the Katzkins, how did you cut the holes? Meaning lay it out next to the OEM one and then cut to same location? Or install it and then cut the holes once its on the seat?

Pulled my seats out and am staring at them and obviously a little nervous.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm about to do the center console, shift and ebrake boot in black napa with red stitch. These seats were not katzkin but from leatherseats.com. The first car I did many years ago was from same place but it was katzkin. Also I used a steamer on these along with karate chop method to seat the velcro in foam seams.
DSC_5940.JPG
DSC_5941.JPG
DSC_5942.JPG
DSC_5943.JPG
DSC_5944.JPG
DSC_5947.JPG
DSC_5948.JPG
DSC_5949.JPG
DSC_5953.JPG
DSC_5954.JPG
DSC_5955.JPG
DSC_5963.JPG
DSC_5965.JPG

jjminch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost 6M Base
I've done this on two cars. On this mustang overall it was much easier. Almost no hog rings and everything just kinda velcros in (or clips). But the holes were the most difficult part. It's been a couple years almost now but going by memory, after getting everything straight and tightened down I kind of looked at the other seat and the old cover. From there I ballparked very carefully the location the hole needed to be. I then used a very small punch tool like an ice pick and started there. I punctured it and used it to feel out the frame hole. It's important to get that first hole as best as you can so that it will exist somewhere in the main hole. I then used a razor to carefully slit out the hole big enough to put in a screw driver. Then used it to feel as well. I then cut it out further each time trying to straighten it by cutting more or less depending on where it needed to be. Keep in mind these are basically three to four very small cuts in an x pattern. When you get to just enough space you can then position the plastic posts of the head rest. You can also kind of cut the resulting flap if needed to make a more rounded hole.

On the mustang I'm trying to remember if I needed to cut anything for the seatbelt strap? I seem to remember feeling through the new cover and working on it with a razor.

*** Just remembered the recline lever on the back was a pain. I just kind of worked it from the center of its spot and opened up a little at a time until I could put it together. Just remember check three times and cut 1/3 what you think you should at a time. Same principal though. Start small in middle and cut bigger and bigger hole.
Thanks, this was very helpful. 3/4 seats done now and hoping to wrap up tonight. Keeping one seat together and using as a reference for the cuts, and just slowly expanding the opening was the trick.
Sponsored