lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Pull on the velcro too hard and itll rip out from the foam. Had to glue about 2 inches. Be careful
Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yea there were a couple of things that I think he left as self explanatory or no surprises. I had a bunch of staples and I was wondering about the seat belt opening area of the cloth. I couldn't figure out any way of releasing; ended up just cutting the cloth there. :shrug::shrug:
You have to push it in and turn it sideways.
Also fok the hogrings, zip tie em! !!

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
When you're talking about the staples, where should I expect these and are they needed to be installed with the Katzkins?

Also does the carpeted back on the rear seat stay in place and still allow for removal?

Need all the info I can get.

Thanks

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
When you're talking about the staples, where should I expect these and are they needed to be installed with the Katzkins?

Also does the carpeted back on the rear seat stay in place and still allow for removal?

Need all the info I can get.

Thanks
Staples are around the edges of the backside of the bench portion. Easy enough to pull with a flat head or needle nose pliers. No biggie.

The carpeted section come all off with the cloth. The Katzkin's have their own backing.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did back seats last weekend. Just wrapped up the first front seat. Two things...

1. Make sure you remember to switch over the magnet for the seat belt latch on the shoulder of the seat before you put the leather on. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this and it's way too much trouble to redo at this point. Luckily, it's the passenger side so I won't have to deal with it daily. (passenger side was my guinea pig)

2. Any tips on making an opening for the rear release/recline latch on the back of the seat? Haven't seen anyone address that. OP had take-offs so his install varied.

Last edited:

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Did back seats last weekend. Just wrapped up the first front seat. Two things...

1. Make sure you remember to switch over the magnet for the seat belt latch on the shoulder of the seat before you put the leather on. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this and it's way to much trouble to redo at this point. Luckily, it's the passenger side so I won't have to deal with it daily. (passenger side was my guinea pig)

2. Any tips on making an opening for the rear release/recline latch on the back of the seat? Haven't seen anyone address that. OP had take-offs so his install varied
Slide your old seat cover over the seat now that you have the new cover installed and use that as your template. Carefully cut the hole with a xacto knife. Start slightly smaller than you need you can always trim more if needed.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
CONVERTIBLE HELP

UPDATE: OK, I figured it out. First, remove the bench seat by pressing the plastic u-shaped pieces, as described above. Next, raise the vert top enough to give a little clearance on the back of the upper seat. 3rd, unscrew the 2, 15mm bolts at the bottom corners of the rear seat back. 4th, lift from the bottom and j: jiggle around until it unlatches. There are 2 metal pointers that go into 2 holes about 1/3 down the backside of the upper seat. I got the right one loose right away, but had to keep playing with the left side until it finally let loose. I think reinstall will be easier.

I just order Katzkins in a group buy for my GT premium convert to replace the black leather OEMs with a nice Autumn (orange tan).

How different is the install on the convertible? Anyone done it? I know the seat belt holder is different and the rear seat doesn't fold down. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EARLIER: OK, I am in the thick of it now. Still need info on removal of CONVERTIBLE rear seats. Anybody done a vert yet????:shrug:

Last edited:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
convertible back seat differences

Got the rear seats done last night. One big difference in Katzkins and stock leathers is lack of 2 plastic strips on the Katzkins. One strip runs along the top edge of the seat, underneath the material, while the second attaches the wraparound felts to about the midpoint on the back. Katzkins have a rolled sleeve sewn in at the edge of the top flap, but no plastic and nothing for the top edge. I ended up just putting holes in the edge, pulling both flaps together and inserting pushpins into the seat holes at the midway point on the back. It was a very tight pull, but, everything seems to be nice and firm. I guess Katzkin decided the plastic strips were unnecessary.

Bottom of the rear seat was fairly easy and probably just like the coupe version. :cool:

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
HELP!

I am completely stuck and frustrated by 1 obstacle and hope someone can help. I can't take the front seat material off until it is solved.

NOTE: It's a convertible thing.

1. The convertibles don't have a seat belt strap. They have a plastic guide attached to the top shoulder of the seat. I was able to remove a trim cover and take out one bolt. However, there is another bolt under the inboard side that I can't get to. I managed to pry the piece covering that side a bit, but it won't completely come out and I am just chewing up the plastic trying to remove it.
I have searched the forums and googled, but apparently no one have posted anything about this.

Until I solve these issues my living room is crowded with mustang seats.

:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Last edited:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am completely stuck and frustrated by 2 obstacles and hope someone can help. I can't take the front seat material off until both are solved.

NOTE: It's a convertible and premium seat thing.

1. Can't get the plastic trim off at the bottom of the seat. I removed the 2 torx screws per the removal instructions. But something is still holding the trim on!

2. The convertibles don't have a seat belt strap. They have a plastic guide attached to the top shoulder of the seat. I was able to remove a trim cover and take out one bolt. However, there is another bolt under the inboard side that I can't get to. I managed to pry the piece covering that side a bit, but it won't completely come out and I am just chewing up the plastic trying to remove it.
I have searched the forums and googled, but apparently no one have posted anything about this.

Until I solve these issues my living room is crowded with mustang seats.

:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
1. Not sure if the convertible is didn't, but once you remove the torx you kinda pull it forward then twist upward if I'm not mistaken. There are some tabs that it pushes onto that are most likely holding them.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
1. Not sure if the convertible is didn't, but once you remove the torx you kinda pull it forward then twist upward if I'm not mistaken. There are some tabs that it pushes onto that are most likely holding them.
Thanks. I went for it and that worked. Since I have premium seats mine aren't like the op's. They have electric controls, so I wasn't sure if there were other connectors, since it was still so tight.

Now...if I can just get the seat belt holder off! :frusty::frusty:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I went for it and that worked. Since I have premium seats mine aren't like the op's. They have electric controls, so I wasn't sure if there were other connectors, since it was still so tight.

Yea I think there will be an extra connector under the driver seat if I remember correctly when you are taking off the cloth and removing the elastic bands. I have the power seats also on the base GT.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Don't you just use pliers to straighten the tabs? That's what I did and popped off very easily.
Sponsored