Sponsored

How much you think the 2019 shellby gt 500 go for?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My guess: $79,995 and it will produce 900 HP.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yeah... MSRP for a 350R is close to $70k. I don't see getting the a supercharger, ceramics, and a DCT for close to the same. $80k minimum.

I was way off on my original guess for the 350R, though...so who knows.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just to clear up confusion, please show me where ceramics were confirmed??

Only ceramic pads that I know of, not rotors.
Is this a trick question? Absolutely nothing is “confirmed”.

Service prosedure info was found referring to carbon ceramics on the “gt500”.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Is this a trick question? Absolutely nothing is “confirmed”.

Service prosedure info was found referring to carbon ceramics on the “gt500”.
Can I see this document?

Edit: don’t bother. I’ve seen the documents, it didn’t mention rotors at all, just pads.

People are throwing the ceramic rotors around here like gospel.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think it's just the pads, on the test cars the rotors have rust on them so they are steel, but they are larger so that is additional cost.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Can I see this document?

Edit: don’t bother. I’ve seen the documents, it didn’t mention rotors at all, just pads.

People are throwing the ceramic rotors around here like gospel.
I read that, too. The reason I think it’s possible is that ceramic pads have always been a performance compromise for cars that want less dusting. They fade horribly. Maybe I just don’t know - did they come up with an improved-performance ceramic pad solution?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Serious question.
Do you guys/gals think that the Bullitt will be a big seller for Ford? I just don't see the interest in it?
A big seller? I would imagine 5-6k units per year, maybe? So, in the big scheme of things, no not a big seller, but not insignificant, either.

However, what it is is good PR for Ford. Steve McQueen and Bullitt helped to make Mustang recognized globally, so it certainly doesn't hurt to focus back to that connection. And it's relatively "easy" for Ford to do, as I suspect they'll be utilising mostly off the shelf FR goodies. So, paint, trim and wheels apart, everything's already available.

There are already a number of Bullitt Owner's Clubs/Groups, so there's a ready market for this car, outside of new sales conquests.

:)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Carbon ceramic =/= your typical ceramic street pad, at all. Carbon based brakes tend to keep or increase their friction coefficient with heat.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
$75k MRSP, but w/ADM will easily top $100k IMO.

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
Take a step back and look at it. Shelby put out the GT350 Super Snake that had a price tag of 79k for the base 650hp set up and 125K for the maxed out set up. Lord knows what the greedy little dealers wanted for adm’s. When I was talking to them (Shelby) they had a dealer that did not hit you for the adm so I was going to get the car at the price from Shelby. Moving forward I will speculate the new GT500 with a base price of 75K and high 90’s maxed out.. then the adm’s will go wild for the first 2 waves that have to have the car and can afford it. Then you have the 3rd wave that the adm drops down and you start seeing a few at Msrp. That is when I plan to pounce plus I waited till 17 for no adm and got the better car with the coolers and most of the issues were fixed! That’s my plan...lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
A big seller? I would imagine 5-6k units per year, maybe? So, in the big scheme of things, no not a big seller, but not insignificant, either.

However, what it is is good PR for Ford. Steve McQueen and Bullitt helped to make Mustang recognized globally, so it certainly doesn't hurt to focus back to that connection. And it's relatively "easy" for Ford to do, as I suspect they'll be utilising mostly off the shelf FR goodies. So, paint, trim and wheels apart, everything's already available.

There are already a number of Bullitt Owner's Clubs/Groups, so there's a ready market for this car, outside of new sales conquests.

:)
Good point Paul. I haven't thought of it that way.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I think it comes down to how they option it or allow us to option it. Keep the base pricing around the ZL1/Challenger Hellcat level. So I'm guessing $65k to $75k.
I agree with this. Unless the car flat out easily outperforms its direct competitors, it needs to be priced within reason.

If they go the route they did with the 350 and have an R version, then the base model needs to be priced within Hellcat / ZL1 price range.

If the car is priced significantly higher than the ZL1 1LE, it better outperform it easily.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree with this. Unless the car flat out easily outperforms its direct competitors, it needs to be priced within reason.

If they go the route they did with the 350 and have an R version, then the base model needs to be priced within Hellcat / ZL1 price range.

If the car is priced significantly higher than the ZL1 1LE, it better outperform it easily.
It’ll likely be priced well above the ZL1 and hellcat. I think base will be closer and probably just above the 1LE. As far as performance I expect it to crush the 1LE on the strip but at most tracks it’ll probably be only marginally faster, I’m thinking it’ll be pretty comparable to the Z06.
Sponsored