Sponsored

How much you think the 2019 shellby gt 500 go for?

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
its gonna be up there.... if the 350 was coming in around $60k, the 500 is going to EASILY be 10-15k more than that plus ADM. the zl1 is in the low 60s, there is no chance that it is priced to compete with that car. it may be a direct comparison on the track, but as far as price the zl1 will have it beat by a mile.

i love my 350 and am just curious to see what the 500 does and is, but have absolutely no desire to trade for one
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It’ll likely be priced well above the ZL1 and hellcat. I think base will be closer and probably just above the 1LE. As far as performance I expect it to crush the 1LE on the strip but at most tracks it’ll probably be only marginally faster, I’m thinking it’ll be pretty comparable to the Z06.
What features do you think that the base GT500 will have that the ZL1 and Hellcat don't that will justify the price being well above them?

Will the DCT be standard?

Will carbon ceramic brakes be standard?

Will carbon fiber wheels be standard?

Any other features you expect the GT500 to have as standard that those cars don't have?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
What features do you think that the base GT500 will have that the ZL1 and Hellcat don't that will justify the price being well above them?

Any other features you expect the GT500 to have as standard that those cars don't have?
That’s a great question, I initially believed there wouldn’t be a separate KR/R model. So DCT not Standard, nor the brakes but CF wheels would be. Also the 350R starts at what almost 65k? I don’t see how this would be less. A 5K hit for the engine doesn’t seem like much. I’m hoping the base is a blend of the 350R, so comes with the areo, wheels, tires. And separate can be a weight reduction/track package removing back seats, radio, sound deadening, something for the hardcore guys. Then separate options for Dct, electronics, and I really hope power adjust/htd/vented 350R seats. HUD I think will be standard. I’m not sure CC brakes will be an option, they are great for expensive cars and competion but SO expensive for this category. What do you think will be standard and options? Do you think there’ll be a separate KR/R model?

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott

Ford set themselves up for a price that is going to be above the hellcat and zl1 by making the 350 start at $60k.... thats going to be the issue... they HAVE to raise the price from the 350 up to at least $70-75k and then go from there IMO

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That’s a great question, I initially believed there wouldn’t be a separate KR/R model. So DCT not Standard, nor the brakes but CF wheels would be. Also the 350R starts at what almost 65k? I don’t see how this would be less. A 5K hit for the engine doesn’t seem like much. I’m hoping the base is a blend of the 350R, so comes with the areo, wheels, tires. And separate can be a weight reduction/track package removing back seats, radio, sound deadening, something for the hardcore guys. Then separate options for Dct, electronics, and I really hope power adjust/htd/vented 350R seats. HUD I think will be standard. I’m not sure CC brakes will be an option, they are great for expensive cars and competion but SO expensive for this category. What do you think will be standard and options? Do you think there’ll be a separate KR/R model?
My thoughts on options were similar - I think carbon wheels yes, but DCT/carbon brakes not standard and carbon brakes possibly not available at all.

IMO the engine should be less expensive than the Voodoo. It's more like a Coyote with a slight displacement bump and a blower. Not really a special or expensive set up, so IMO that should be a ~$5k savings compared to the Voodoo.

So, all in all I would think the GT500 if there is a base without the DCT and no carbon brakes should be similar in price to a GT350R, even if there are a few more gadgets inside the car. I assume it will have magneride, digital dash, quiet mode along with sport mode on the exhaust.

I don't see it having a suspension with a setup to lift the car over road defects, but that would be a great option IMO that could add a few thousand. Especially if the car could lower itself for track mode. I just don't see it being easy to add to the Mustang.

Ford set themselves up for a price that is going to be above the hellcat and zl1 by making the 350 start at $60k.... thats going to be the issue... they HAVE to raise the price from the 350 up to at least $70-75k and then go from there IMO
Huh. I guess I don't see why. I think the difference is possibly you think power is $$. I really don't. I have seen $40k Mustangs with plenty of HP. If they leave off the carbon wheels on the base version I could see that being less expensive than the GT350R.

Also, I think the optics are that Ford will want their car to be less expensive than the competition. That is what I'm used to seeing and I can't see a reason why that would change. Unless the GT500 is somehow such a BAMF that no one questions why it would cost more than Hellcat or ZL1.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I'd like to say no... but I'm afraid it will (DCT as an only option.)

I don't think it will have Carbon Ceramic Brakes at all, just pads.

Optional I guess, not standard

I see it like this:
by 2020 the Mustang will have the following versions:
1. Mustang Ecoboost (M6/A10)
2. Mustang GT (M6/A10)
3. Mustang Bullitt (M6/A10)
4. Mustang GT350 (M6 only)
5. Mustang GT350-R (M6 only)
6. Mustang GT500 (DCT7 Only)
7. Mustang GT500-R or GT500-KR (DCT7 Only)
(I guess GT500R fits better than GT500KR, also everytime I see the "KR" name I think on a GT500 "modded" by Shelby American and I don't think they will be doing it again, so GT500R sounds more plausible)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
My thoughts on options were similar - I think carbon wheels yes, but DCT/carbon brakes not standard and carbon brakes possibly not available at all.

IMO the engine should be less expensive than the Voodoo. It's more like a Coyote with a slight displacement bump and a blower. Not really a special or expensive set up, so IMO that should be a ~$5k savings compared to the Voodoo.

So, all in all I would think the GT500 if there is a base without the DCT and no carbon brakes should be similar in price to a GT350R, even if there are a few more gadgets inside the car. I assume it will have magneride, digital dash, quiet mode along with sport mode on the exhaust.

I don't see it having a suspension with a setup to lift the car over road defects, but that would be a great option IMO that could add a few thousand. Especially if the car could lower itself for track mode. I just don't see it being easy to add to the Mustang.

Huh. I guess I don't see why. I think the difference is possibly you think power is $$. I really don't. I have seen $40k Mustangs with plenty of HP. If they leave off the carbon wheels on the base version I could see that being less expensive than the GT350R.

Also, I think the optics are that Ford will want their car to be less expensive than the competition. That is what I'm used to seeing and I can't see a reason why that would change. Unless the GT500 is somehow such a BAMF that no one questions why it would cost more than Hellcat or ZL1.
I see/hope the options list is very similar to what you posted. I totally get what your saying about real world cost of this engine vs the voodoo, but often times in the auto world engine power and performance is money. Look at the ZR1 vs Z06, they swapped SC, added some areo and are charging a 25-30K premium. I'd love to see a base price around 65K with tons of options available, including R as a package not a separate model.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I see/hope the options list is very similar to what you posted. I totally get what your saying about real world cost of this engine vs the voodoo, but often times in the auto world engine power and performance is money. Look at the ZR1 vs Z06, they swapped SC, added some areo and are charging a 25-30K premium. I'd love to see a base price around 65K with tons of options available, including R as a package not a separate model.
I 100% agree with what you are saying. I'm assuming they don't need all the special super high RPM parts and anti-vibration parts. I would expect the engine red line to be significantly reduced. However, yes people see value in power (including me). I would have loved to see the Voodoo be 550 or more HP. 526 was/is good, but I was certainly hoping for more.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I 100% agree with what you are saying. I'm assuming they don't need all the special super high RPM parts and anti-vibration parts. I would expect the engine red line to be significantly reduced. However, yes people see value in power (including me). I would have loved to see the Voodoo be 550 or more HP. 526 was/is good, but I was certainly hoping for more.
If there was ever a time to increase the 350 power and an update it would be now. I think it would be perfect if they raised power to 550-575, and offered a DCT and claimed it as their ultimate track car (basically the GT3 of mustangs).
Then produce the GT500/SE car as the ultimate complete package GT car (again think 911 turbo!) with plenty of options, but skip out on the over the top track thing, offer an R option I suppose with CF wheels, that R wing (only taller wing I like!!) CF splitter, etc. All the added weight and heat of SC cars make for a great couple laps but they don't make the best track cars.

Sponsored

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
Idk about new one but
I’m excited to see 13-14 models goes down to low 30’s.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
What it will list for(MSRP)and what it will sell for are going to be 2 different things entirely.....This car didn't go away for what will be 5 years only to come back and be sold by dealers for anything less than 15-20K above list price and I'd recommend to anyone who is going to be stretching their budget "to get one for list" to temper their expectations.

I admit my feelings here have been influenced by a recent Youtube video where the guy was simply trying to be put on a list to order one. He showed a new Raptor that had a $20K ADM on top of sticker putting it at $92K selling price....IMO anyone expecting to buy a 5 year in the making GT500 for less than a Raptor might need a reality check....Let me know when a dealer is going to let one out the door for less than $95-$100k.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What it will list for(MSRP)and what it will sell for are going to be 2 different things entirely.....This car didn't go away for what will be 5 years only to come back and be sold by dealers for anything less than 15-20K above list price and I'd recommend to anyone who is going to be stretching their budget "to get one for list" to temper their expectations.

I admit my feelings here have been influenced by a recent Youtube video where the guy was simply trying to be put on a list to order one. He showed a new Raptor that had a $20K ADM on top of sticker putting it at $92K selling price....IMO anyone expecting to buy a 5 year in the making GT500 for less than a Raptor might need a reality check....Let me know when a dealer is going to let one out the door for less than $95-$100k.
Unless MSRP is 93k which it won't be...I'll be out they door well below 95k-100k probably by a base mustang.

Also Raptors are readly available at MSRP and slightly over for dealers sticking to ADMs.
Sponsored