Sponsored

How much difference does a supercharger make ?

Mavric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I've had Whipple, Procharger, Vortech and Roush. All good. All change the car and make for lots more fun. Good tune is the most important part. Ford spent, and spends millions on getting just the right tune for your coyote. The tuners cannot afford that kind of money and time so the ones that get it right are very important.
Which of these do you recommend? I really want to go for the VMP Odin Supercharger.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I am not sure how much more power it makes but when I hop in and fire it up
I smile like a 16 year old on prom night about 40 years ago :clap:

Reactions: lew

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
832 wheel or crank horsepower on 93?
They made that to the ground! Lots and lots of RPM and darn good 93.

I am dropping a video in the next few days, we made 905 wheel on 110! With only two mods...
P1X kit, and Fuel System. (that's literally it)

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Just make sure ... when you add that power, you are also addressing ways to keep the power to the ground.

Power is fun ... but spinning isn't :(
Spinning ain't winnin!

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Yea just don't forget that being in Canada means the costs are large. It's the reason I bowed out from getting an SC. 14-17 grand all in (brand new parts) is just too much for something that will get me in big trouble haha.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
How do you guys put the power down? Stock power on a 2020 6spd burns the tires at the top of 1st and 2nd. I’m sure better tires would make a big difference...that said, my dad has a 2007 GT500 with just an intake/tune (probably not even 500 wheel hp) and fresh 305 Michelin PSS aren’t enough to use all of that power.
After my install, tires were breaking loose at 60 in 3rd with stock tires... I went with a wider street tire. 315’s. So much of a difference. First and second are still spinners but stays on the straight line.

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
After my install, tires were breaking loose at 60 in 3rd with stock tires... I went with a wider street tire. 315’s. So much of a difference. First and second are still spinners but stays on the straight line.
Yea just don't forget that being in Canada means the costs are large. It's the reason I bowed out from getting an SC. 14-17 grand all in (brand new parts) is just too much for something that will get me in big trouble haha.
In July 2020 I had a Whipple Stage 2 SC installed on my 2019 BULLITT at Dale Adams Auto in Calgary, AB. Very nice people and they did a fine install over a 3 day period.
The Good NEWS: the 825 + HP is instant and endless. Took the BULLITT to AREA 27 Race Track on August and I was faster than the Shelby's on the strait aways but they lost me in the corners.
The Cost: $16,500.00 Canadian Funds
The Bad NEWS # 1: I have a Super HYPER Sensitive gas pedal that makes driving anything but smooth.
The Bad NEWS # 2: I have MASSIVE Backfire issues on shifting and on decell
I am getting no help at all from Dale Adams Auto : ((
I am getting excellent support from Jeff the tech guy at Whipple with 2 chip reboots to-date. The first did not do really anything much, the second reboot did help quite a bit but we have a long way to go. Jeff advised me today in response to my email request for more help that there may be something coming in the future.
Jeff commented that the BULLITT has the most problems with these two issues.
Be careful out there!!!
Kenardo

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
2016 whipple stage 2 6r80 running whipple tune. Car is so easy to drive with the proper tires. I gave up on summer tires and added some Nitto 555R 305/35/20 drag radials as a daily driver tire. It has made the car 100x more fun. Spinning constantly isn't fun and can be dangerous. Now with DRs the car sticks most of the time. I cant floor it off the line but I can have a lot of fun and not feel like I'm gonna wreck everytime I drive the car. The whipple tune has been perfect, no issues.

Bottom like if you go FI, you will need proper tires and your MPG will suffer some but its worth it.
Sponsored