How much boost are tunes pushing?

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
An Eco can out run a gt with out all that. If your wanting a 100k mid 11 sec daily driver yeah buy the gt.
Stop spouting quarter mile comparisons. Anyone that has been around a while sees through that.

I'm talking about general daily usage, not stringent testing criteria that favors an automatic EB.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Stop spouting quarter mile comparisons. Anyone that has been around a while sees through that.

I'm talking about general daily usage, not stringent testing criteria that favors an automatic EB.
Theres is nothing to see through. I'll spout the truth if i feel like it bud. besides 1/4 mile is where most people compare performance as there are more tracks and it is a cheap and easy form of racing. Also where in the world are you going to be accelerating more than that on public roads.favors automatic? What do you not know how to drive a stick shift fast? As far as general daily usage my tuned Eco has as much useable power down low as a gt.My point is you act like an Eco has to have a fully built motor to compare with the Gt and it doesn't. A tune gives you the feel of gt power.Heck you probably have more torque down low.the gts advantage is higher rpm higher mph which is not a daily useage thing. what was your point again?

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Meh. I think ET is a bit lame of a comparison for these cars. Trap speed is what I like to see...

I'd rather have a car that traps 13.5@115mph than a car that traps 12.1@102mph lol.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Meh. I think ET is a bit lame of a comparison for these cars. Trap speed is what I like to see...

I'd rather have a car that traps 13.5@115mph than a car that traps 12.1@102mph lol.
It's a worthwhile comparison. "These cars" lol you know it's a Mustang right?
If You want those traps reliably without a bunch of mods you bought the wrong car. 13.5 @115 that's just silly:headbonk:

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Theres is nothing to see through. I'll spout the truth if i feel like it bud. besides 1/4 mile is where most people compare performance as there are more tracks and it is a cheap and easy form of racing. Also where in the world are you going to be accelerating more than that on public roads.favors automatic? What do you not know how to drive a stick shift fast? As far as general daily usage my tuned Eco has as much useable power down low as a gt.My point is you act like an Eco has to have a fully built motor to compare with the Gt and it doesn't. A tune gives you the feel of gt power.Heck you probably have more torque down low.the gts advantage is higher rpm higher mph which is not a daily useage thing. what was your point again?
'Bud', you said it yourself...a tune gives you the 'feel' of gt power...it doesn't give gt power. Torque is the illusion of acceleration. I've been around enough asthmatic big blocks to know the difference. Btw, I've also tuned a few clutches in my time...pretty sure I know my way around quick stick shifts.

In normal driving situations, say passing a line of slow moving cars on a two lane road, all that low end torque that helps outta the hole hinders at speed.

An article was posted a while ago about how the EB Mustang posted similar ETs as a 98 Supra TT. The author was disingenuous by neglecting the fact the Supra trapped 8 mph or so faster. That is a gigantic difference in real world scenarios.

118-120 mph trap speed capability please. ET be damned.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Lol I've never felt the need for more power passing on public roads. Iam usually easing off throttle mid pass. Until you drive a tuned Eco for a time you have no clue how closely they compare.If you're on the fence between gt or Eco you should probably buy the gt. Sounds like you're making excuses.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
It's a worthwhile comparison. "These cars" lol you know it's a Mustang right?
If You want those traps reliably without a bunch of mods you bought the wrong car. 13.5 @115 that's just silly:headbonk:
Of course I know it's a Mustang. I don't know what you're inferring? lol

Why is it silly? I consistently trapped 114-115mph in low/mid 13's in my GTI with a simple k04 turbo swap. ET's sucked because I had no traction. FWD problems.

Plenty reliable. I beat the hell out of that car lol. I don't think it's unreasonable for these cars. We just need a differently sized turbo. Personally, I want a bit more of a linear powerband rather than the incredibly early torque onset these cars have. I love it.

This car should be capable of the same thing, albeit with lower ET's and all of the benefits that come with a RWD car! I don't mind buying a turbo swap for $3k or so if it gives me those trap speeds or higher.

What I was getting at -- a low ET doesn't matter to me personally, I don't do drag racing much. It's fun -- but overall, I love being able to do a 60-130 pull in 10-11s rather than 15-16s lol. It's a lot more fun and, at least around here, it's where most highway pulls happen.

The author was disingenuous by neglecting the fact the Supra trapped 8 mph or so faster. That is a gigantic difference in real world scenarios.

118-120 mph trap speed capability please. ET be damned.
I agree, but I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the ET being damned lol

Lol I've never felt the need for more power passing on public roads. Iam usually easing off throttle mid pass. Until you drive a tuned Eco for a time you have no clue how closely they compare.If you're on the fence between gt or Eco you should probably buy the gt. Sounds like you're making excuses.
I feel the need for more power consistently on this car. I will be honest -- until I'm at the point to where I can buy a car I'm happy with from the factory, I'm never going to be "satisfied" with a car until I mod it until I get to the point where I'm satisfied all around.
I can't afford that kind of car yet lol. Passing someone from 75mph or so... I feel as if the car is wheezing, but I look down and I'm doing 105mph or so in not a lot of time.
The car is fun. It's quick. It's just not there yet for me, at least in my case. I think a great tune & bolt on's will be great, especially once tuners learn these cars.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
You realize that what you're satisfied w/ won't necessarily satisfy everyone else, correct? Just thought you might need a reminder...

I traditionally am a V8 guy, but have dabbled in some v6 and 4 cyl stuff. As an engineer I admire technology and innovation. As a selfish bastard I want my cake and to eat it too. 30+mpg and a fairly quick daily (~400-425 rwhp)...seems reasonable to me. I have hope the EB can meet my desires w/o a big cash outlay on top of the purchase price of the car, unfortunately these hopes might be a bit farfetched.

Not sure what I'm making excuses about...? :shrug:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Having had a bolt on and tuned 11 GT and a bolt on and tuned EB I will say that the EB does indeed "feel" about the same. But my GT was a good deal faster in reality. If you just want a daily driver that is quick an EB will do just fine, if you want a really fast car get the GT or build the EB. Just my .02

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Herr: I dont need a reminder of anything.What iam satisfied with and local speed limits/local rules on the road are different.This thing will fly passed a line of cars when needing to Pass.If you find a situation where it wont you shouldn't be on public roads.
As far as power goes ,I guess I misunderstood what you were wanting originally ,yeah that rwhp will take some work. More work for the Eb than the gt.With those goals and long term reliability the Gt is your car. However if you're wanting 9/10 or more stock gt performance with great mpg than Eco and tune will do it. Which was my original point.
I will say no Matter how much hp I get I'll always want more. Need more for daily driving no way,track yes. If you're honest you can't use most the horsepower daily without seriously braking a few speed/acceleration laws anyhow.
Wireless: As far as the 13.5 at 115 , silly meaning you needed some hook. Also Mustang and drag racing kinda go together, these comparisons will always come up .

Last edited:

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wireless: As far as the 13.5 at 115 , silly meaning you needed some hook. Also Mustang and drag racing kinda go together, these comparisons will always come up .
I understand :) I like drag racing, but ultimately it's not what I'm going for haha

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
You realize that what you're satisfied w/ won't necessarily satisfy everyone else, correct? Just thought you might need a reminder...

I traditionally am a V8 guy, but have dabbled in some v6 and 4 cyl stuff. As an engineer I admire technology and innovation. As a selfish bastard I want my cake and to eat it too. 30+mpg and a fairly quick daily (~400-425 rwhp)...seems reasonable to me. I have hope the EB can meet my desires w/o a big cash outlay on top of the purchase price of the car, unfortunately these hopes might be a bit farfetched.

Not sure what I'm making excuses about...? :shrug:
Im the same way.. Ive always been a v8 guy up until a couple years ago. Lately ive been into 4 cylinder Turbo's for the performance capability and the fuel mileage.. I love to drive fast cars but i hate constantly filling up at the pump. So 32 mpg 12-13 sec car with a simple Tune is perfect for me. Down the road with all the hard work the aftermarket guy's are devoting to this car i have no doubt theres going to be plenty of these EcoBoost Mustangs in the 10's-11's.. For a street car thats more then enough.. I think even the Tunes in the next couple years are going to get more aggressive as they figure out exactly what this car likes. Even Fully bolted youll still be cheaper then a GT.. Plus have better gas mileage and cheaper insurance rate.. For me it wasn't even a question what Mustang i wanted..
http://www.mustang6g.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
Sponsored