Sponsored

How many UK NFG?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'd wager Crimson red is possibly the rarest colour in the U.K.

Never seen one "in the tin".
could be right there, i did happen to drive past one just after the my18’s started landing - not seen one since. Had i gone for a my18, i think i may have gone for that, it did look great. An “old man red”!

guard has to be pretty rare, although very close to OMM at a glance so maybe there is more than we think?
Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I was told between 50 and 60 in the UK. I picked mine up in January 2019 and it was only the third to enter the country at that point. I was given the 50-60 figure recently. I can believe that as even counting up those I see joining groups, insta and dealer listings it's well below those figures.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Kristian87 said:
could be right there, i did happen to drive past one just after the my18’s started landing - not seen one since. Had i gone for a my18, i think i may have gone for that, it did look great. An “old man red”!

guard has to be pretty rare, although very close to OMM at a glance so maybe there is more than we think?
I was initially tempted by the crimson, I thought it looked great in the MY18 brochure. Then I saw an internet picture & changed my mind.
To my eyes, these paints (xirallic?) really work in direct sun light, but go a bit dull & unimpressive under cloudier skies.

Once while visiting the dealer I got my GT from, he showed me a NFG he'd brought in for a customer. Amazing colour!

Only seen guards on youtube, a channel called "coyote car guy".
Looks like a great colour.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
I was initially tempted by the crimson, I thought it looked great in the MY18 brochure. Then I saw an internet picture & changed my mind.
To my eyes, these paints (xirallic?) really work in direct sun light, but go a bit dull & unimpressive under cloudier skies.

Once while visiting the dealer I got my GT from, he showed me a NFG he'd brought in for a customer. Amazing colour!

Only seen guards on youtube, a channel called "coyote car guy".
Looks like a great colour.
Check out my avatar. I haven’t seen another guard convertible and only one coupe on Autotrader. I am surprised, I know I am colour blind but Christ it’s close to the Bullitt colour and why I purchased it !

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I really wanna see Grabber lime in person it looks interesting but haven’t seen any.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
20200221_135038.jpg
20200221_135056.jpg
20200221_135046.jpg

A few I took at the dealer before the lockdown. Its OK I guess, I wouldn't buy one in gl though not my taste
20200221_135046.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
GL defo needs black wheels and badges etc ...

It’s also very hard to photo accurately, often looking washed out - just compare the last two images above and I still don’t think the one with silver wheels has captured the shade well (maybe the silver wheels throw the eye off a little ?).

I had the chance to view in the states before placing my order :like:

WD :like:

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Apparently GL will be exclusive to 2020 model. Planning to get a GT by August so it’ll either be GL or SB, as boring as you might think It is, i never owned a black car and i think it suits the mustang

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I assume the first picture of the GL one with black wheels above is also in 55 edition trim? I do prefer those wheels to the standard GT ones.

Most of the Mustangs I see which isn't that many seem to be Red. I have never seen another ingot silver one like mine or any lively colours other than in dealers, just don't seem to be that popular around my way considering that a fair few have been sold in the UK since launch.

When I was looking November last year due to the 0% and deals on MY19 in stock cars, every time i found one, right spec and colour i wanted it would get sold before i had mulled it over for 12 hours or so. A few of the louder colours had the right spec but i just couldn't go for one. Ended up with pretty much what i wanted but no spoiler. I love the loud colours, they really match the Mustang but its just not something i could live with, not brave enough!!

The dealer i got mine from still has a Ruby Red (nearly burgundy IMO) AT one I think with CP3, they just cant seem to shift it it would appear and to be honest when i picked mine up a saw it and I thought to myself who would spec that colour as it just doesnt work on the Mustang but then everyone is different. Sorry to anyone who owns a Ruby Red one with silver wheels!

Last edited:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@wenklaw - Yes, it’s a 55 as it has the additional decals :like:

If they would allow Recaro’s on a 55 that’s what I would have ordered. As it turns out I’ve had to build my own spec which still has some compromises, but ones I can fix easily and cheaply.

Now if the 55 had been like some of the promo pictures with alcantara and carbon, then the decision about the Recaro’s would have been much harder ...

WD :like:

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
I was told between 50 and 60 in the UK. I picked mine up in January 2019 and it was only the third to enter the country at that point. I was given the 50-60 figure recently. I can believe that as even counting up those I see joining groups, insta and dealer listings it's well below those figures.
I believe my Nfg is one of those 50’s or 60’s :sunglasses:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I could easily believe that. I’ve only seen one other Guard Metallic car in the classifieds. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s less than ten in my colour.
There was less than 100 Guard sold in the UK, I've never seen one on the road only a couple at car meets. It's becaue Guard was such an ambiguous colour no one bought it and they discontinued it a year after the UK release. In my opinion it's one of the nicest colours there is and I was lucky, mine was a cancelled order and so never got to chose the colour, other wise I would have ended up with black :whew:
Sponsored