Sponsored

How many have upgraded their stock radiator?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Getting my final parts list together for my Whipple build and wondering about upgrading the radiator since I'll have it drained and have the car on the lift.

I have a non PP car but I live in the Northeast. I also run 60/40 water coolant, and have the weather stripping/cowling removed. Don't think I really need a new radiator but there is nothing sexier than a big chunk of aluminum in your parts closet lol.

So my question is....How many of you supercharged guys have upgraded your radiator? If you haven't, do you have plans to or wish you did?
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I had to upgrade to the Mishimoto and a 170* t-stat. When racing my coolant temps were getting out of control and hurt my oil temps with the stock oil to water cooler. The Mishimoto piece is really nice. Filled it with Motorcraft prediluted orange and a bottle of Purple Ice.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I got the Watson Racing radiator and 170 thermostat.

70mm thick...largest on the market. Lets just say it was a squeeze with the Paxton.

I initially just installed the 170 t/stat and kept my non-PP radiator, however soon after installing the supercharger my coolant temps were getting up to 235+ whilst in standstill traffic in the summer. With the radiator installed, 220 is the highest I have ever seen.

I do not think the Watson Racing radiator will work with a Whipple kit, due to its huge thickness. The Mishimoto unit has been proven to fit just fine.

My setup:

Sponsored