Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
Guard Metallic 2016 Mustang GT Prem w/Perf. Pack
Not a loaded question, just honestly curious. How long does a bottle last? Obviously depends on driving style so I guess how many pulls will one bottle last for? Also where do you get it refilled and how much does it cost?
Approx 12 10 second pulls per 10 lb tank. You can get it filled at speed shops and they cost approx $5/lb
Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I can get you a Nitrous Outlet plate it ur looking for one
I’m probably going to be a couple of months before I pull the trigger, but I’m about %90 sure it’s in my future

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Approx 12 10 second pulls per 10 lb tank. You can get it filled at speed shops and they cost approx $5/lb
Thank you. That's more time than I thought. Maybe when I get a built motor I'll add nitrous to my build.... Lol :D

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
So, what are the risks of adding nitrous to a stock 2019 GT engine with an auto trans? How do guys blow the head gaskets, blow piston tops, etc?

I ask as I'm wondering if it's installation errors, engaging in too low or too high a gear and for too long, not using top-tier gasoline, or?

Asking for a friend... ha, ha...

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So, what are the risks of adding nitrous to a stock 2019 GT engine with an auto trans? How do guys blow the head gaskets, blow piston tops, etc?

I ask as I'm wondering if it's installation errors, engaging in too low or too high a gear and for too long, not using top-tier gasoline, or?

Because besides installation errors you can also have a stuck solenoid. Also some manifold designs lend themselves to pooling, which can lead to backfires.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Because besides installation errors you can also have a stuck solenoid. Also some manifold designs lend themselves to pooling, which can lead to backfires.
Pooling in a 2018+ manifold says who? Guess what doesnt pool? Direct port nitrous.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Pooling in a 2018+ manifold says who? Guess what doesnt pool? Direct port nitrous.
You know for somone with such thin skin you sure continue to come at me. The guy who asked about nitrous didnt mention anything about direct port, most people do a nozzle, some do a plate....a few do direct. The smart ones just go boost *wink*

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

Similar risks to any power adder really. If you do a little you'll be fine, if you do too much you'll break stuff. Some are lucky and can push alot through stock motors, some break motors at conservative power levels. Proper install, quality kit and settings/tuning will always be extremely important but theres risks to any mod. I've been through three 6R80s lol

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Similar risks to any power adder really. If you do a little you'll be fine, if you do too much you'll break stuff. Some are lucky and can push alot through stock motors, some break motors at conservative power levels. Proper install, quality kit and settings/tuning will always be extremely important but theres risks to any mod. I've been through three 6R80s lol
exactly. Any power adder is a risk. You get bad fuel one day, a spark plug burns out, bad nitrous fill, etc..... Horsepower is horsepower. No matter how you make it. I've seen N/A cars with the correct suspension setup/driver mod smoke FI cars at the track. Our cars are pretty capable even in stock form. I am saving a Circle D TC right now. Its all about the combination & sometimes luck.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
You know for somone with such thin skin you sure continue to come at me. The guy who asked about nitrous didnt mention anything about direct port, most people do a nozzle, some do a plate....a few do direct. The smart ones just go boost *wink*
Why can't we all play nice and not put down someone else's choice of mods?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Why can't we all play nice and not put down someone else's choice of mods?
To be real, if we must, because ya’ll won’t stop quoting previous messages and letting it die.....the original post in this in this thread IS about bringing down boost in order to make it seem as bottle is better. Sorry guys, hate to brake it to you but a 630whp nitrous car isn’t more reliable than a 630whp 8-9psi boosted car on 93. One setup doesn’t change at all and the other has too many variable and an extremely aggressive transition from the average 440whp mustang and a 630whp forced induction car. The hit of that amount of nitrous is WAY more risky than a transition from vacuum to boost. This is why you see lots of cars blow up, catch fire on nitrous. Power is dependent on the quality of nitrous you purchase and bottle pressure. Even if tuned properly you’re at the mercy of a stuck solenoid whether it’s a stuck open nitrous or stuck close fuel.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Well, I'm never putting forced induction on my engine, period. In California we have to wait for that to be CARB approved and that's several years away, if it ever gets approved. That means I cannot register my vehicle because it will fail the visual portion of the smog test. Nitrous can be easily removed once a year.

The advantage I see with nitrous is that it's there on the rare occasion that I want another 100 or 150 HP. I DD my Mustang and don't need a single HP over 460 for that purpose. I can already get myself into tickets quite easily with that much HP! Solar, if you've got first-hand experience with nitrous then please share that, and we've all seen engines blow up from many different power adders.

I'm looking for nitrous end user experience so I can make a good decision if I want to add HP to the engine via nitrous, that's it. I've seen multiple threads regarding FI and have read those. This thread is for juice and information regarding it's usage.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. Solar is either a drunk that wants to argue or is a passive aggressive that needs to justify his life? Or both. Must be a Fox & Friend’s watching Trump loving conservative. So important in a nitrous discussion. Lol. Love ya Solar. :).

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Lol. Solar is either a drunk that wants to argue or is a passive aggressive that needs to justify his life? Or both. Must be a Fox & Friend’s watching Trump loving conservative. So important in a nitrous discussion. Lol. Love ya Solar. :).
love you too hillary. #getonmylevel:thumbsup::sunglasses:
Sponsored