How I make 630 WHP safely and reliably for under $3000

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Torque absolutely wins drag races. In general, HP determines the top-end speed while torque determines ET. RT also wins drag races. I used to think drag racing was easy until I started doing it. It is very unforgiving when you make the slightest mistake.

As for nitrous, it is my favorite power adder. Just look at the graphs: all FI build power slowly, but when you switch on nitrous, the power is INSTANT! Wheeeeee!
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
600whp/400wtq is a better drag car than a 500/500 car. given same car and overall setup.

But its not 500/500......

Its centri 600/400 vs. 540/600.

I mean if your just throwing numbers around dont short the nitrous car about 100 wtq.

LOL.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
But its not 500/500......

Its centri 600/400 vs. 540/600.

I mean if your just throwing numbers around dont short the nitrous car about 100 wtq.

LOL.
No talking about the OPs car. Im talking in regards to the general statement that torque wins races.....and my example was a nitrous car making 100whp less but 100Wtq than a blower car. If Eds statement was true then I would never win any races against cars which always have upwards of 150wtq advantage against me.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No talking about the OPs car. Im talking in regards to the general statement that torque wins races.....and my example was a nitrous car making 100whp less but 100Wtq than a blower car. If Eds statement was true then I would never win any races against cars which always have upwards of 150wtq advantage against me.

You are all over the place here. 150wtq over you and you beat them whoopdie do.

Maybe the other car....

Needs driver mod?
Needs gear?
Needs tire?
Needs less weight?

There are a shit load of variables when you decide to compare any 2 setups.

However I stand by my comment a nitrous setup making a huge tq advantage is going to be impressive.

Have you ever run cars that you can stomp their ass from a dig but from a roll youd lose?

Each setup has their own strengths and weakness but bang for buck nitrous is damn impressive.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

You are all over the place here. 150wtq over you and you beat them whoopdie do.

Maybe the other car....

Needs driver mod?
Needs gear?
Needs tire?
Needs less weight?

There are a shit load of variables when you decide to compare any 2 setups.

However I stand by my comment a nitrous setup making a huge tq advantage is going to be impressive.

Have you ever run cars that you can stomp their ass from a dig but from a roll youd lose?

Each setup has their own strengths and weakness but bang for buck nitrous is damn impressive.
This is why I asked if it ran like a 650whp car at the track. At the end of the day...torque does not win races.....if it did Coyotes would never beat chevys

and no I havent...my car performs decent from digs and rolls.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you get this ford vs chevys?

You are one heavy centri nut swinger....

FI vs another FI car still depends on a shit load of variables.

Id sure like to know what cars your racing. Seems to me you must be picking on the little guys if this centri dominates all. 10.3 at 130s huh Guess not many fast cars around you......

You need some help reading a graph if you dont see how a 200wtq advantage works....

You are trying to compare a centri setup to a nitrous setup that cost less than half. And trying to say it doesnt run like a 650whp car? It never was a 650whp car its a 500+ whp/damn near 600wtq car.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Where do you get this ford vs chevys?

You are one heavy centri nut swinger....

FI vs another FI car still depends on a shit load of variables.

Id sure like to know what cars your racing. Seems to me you must be picking on the little guys if this centri dominates all. 10.3 at 130s huh Guess not many fast cars around you......

You need some help reading a graph if you dont see how a 200wtq advantage works....

You are trying to compare a centri setup to a nitrous setup that cost less than half. And trying to say it doesnt run like a 650whp car? It never was a 650whp car its a 500+ whp/damn near 600wtq car.
Not sure why you've gotten upset and started with the name calling. Original post says how to make 630whp and not spend 10K like blowers cost.

1. First of all, Most blowers will make 600-650whp very reliably without spending 10k.
2. a Blower making 600-650 at 9psi will be more reliable than a bolt on coyote spray a 175-200 shot making 600-650.
3. I've never said my setup is superior to anyone
4. Do you know what a low 10s car feels like? If it was so easy we would all have one
5. Ive ran..stock hellcats, modded hellcats, 650whp 6gen camaros, 800whp 6gen camaros, 550whp evos, 650whp Paxtons S197s, 700whp paxton S197s, 640whp Chevy SS, 500whp NA 4th gen camaros, Whipple S550s, 700+ 03 cobras, etc. Nothing out of this world...but its only a P1sc on pump gas which makes 480wtq.

Chevy vs ford comes from the comment that torque wins races....the easiest example of this is chevy and ford. Chevy usually has the torque advantage yet outcomes arent 1 sided for the car with more torque.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL upset nope not at all.

This thread is just the usual around here for M6G it seems.

Guy talks about nitrous setup. People come in saying FI setups that cost over twice as much are better.....SMH.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Never said that. I simply asked how it ran. Now days everyone is really wrapped up in the hp wars, who puts down more on a dyno stock, bolt on or boost while avoiding the rest of the car entirely. I have no issue with OPs car, glad he found a setup he likes and will keep him busy until he decides his future route. I simply said torque doesn't win races.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The point is the nitrous setup can easily be done for 1/2 cost of FI setup. Solar, your tripping on torque. Max hp low torque does not always win races either on the street or track (lot’s of variables). With a rpm window switch and progressive controller you can make as much torque down low (as you want) or minimize it coming on higher in rpm band. A nitrous coyote if properly “tuned” with the necessary safety items can last just as long as FI coyote. We done here? Lol...

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Second point is higher conpression lends itself to higher torque numbers on the sauce. Simply that...

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nitrous outlet CJ TB plate please! 150shot Do it! LOL
That’s what I’ve been looking for. I don’t see one available, so I would either have to make my own or just stick a fogger nozzle in the air intake tube and call it a day. Decisions decisions
Sponsored