Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
Guard Metallic 2016 Mustang GT Prem w/Perf. Pack
Sure but FI is more consistent driving experience with power on demand and no additional refueling of a nitrous tank nor extra buttons. Once setup, power is basically the same but the method isn't as slick imo and that detracts from the experience (that I would want).

Its the best bang for the buck for a drag strip/street racing setup for sure though.
Your right about not having to refill bottles and having a more consistent experience. I love boost and will definitely go F.I in the long run. I also love nitrous because it gives me instant power and allows me to stay competitive and make 600+ whp while, at the same time, saving the capital required for either a blower or turbos. I love pretty much all power-adders! lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
I’m definitely thinking about it. My only trepidation is that I don’t think my stock axles/drive shaft could handle it. At least not with slicks
I'm also worried about my half-shafts which is why I'm stickin to street tires at the strip until I upgrade them. Otherwise I know it's only a matter of time before they snap. However I will run a radial on the street, because the tires will still break loose before the shaft snaps

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm also worried about my half-shafts which is why I'm stickin to street tires at the strip until I upgrade them. Otherwise I know it's only a matter of time before they snap. However I will run a radial on the street, because the tires will still break loose before the shaft snaps
Have you been to the track with this setup? What kind of times have you managed ?

OP
OP
Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a drag strip junkie. A one fifty on a roll would be deadly. :)
really it depends on which gear you have the nitrous set to activate, which is where the window switch comes in. Personally I dont activate my nitrous until 3rd and I dont spray longer than 10 seconds. You can also ramp the nitrous in progressively via a controller, or run 2 kits with a small 50-75 shot kit for the lower gears, and the 150 shot kit for 3rd gear and up. Nitrous is very customizable

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
Question is does it perform like a 650whp car at the track.
it really depends on how you have your system setup and how the car in the next lane is setup. A 650 whp procharged car is going to run different than a 650 whp tvs/twin screw car simply because of how their power comes in. I think nitrous has similar characteristics to a TVS car though. This is because a nitrous car can make instant power when commanded to and a TVS car makes instant boost, where a procharged cars boost ramps up as the rpm's climb

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Aready out of the hole 35/40 rolls with 500whp NA 10 speed car and a 150 shot on top of that would absolutely wreck alot of peoples feelings......

OP
OP
Leviathan_5.0

Leviathan_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coyote Chris
Vehicle(s)
So a 650whp PD blower and a 650whp nitrous car will be faster than a 650whp centri because they have more balanced power across the RPMs?
So a 650whp PD blower and a 650whp nitrous car will be faster than a 650whp centri because they have more balanced power across the RPMs?
It will be on the first half of the track. A centri comes in like a turbo giving you the potential to driving around on the big end, here's a couple of Dyno charts showing how each power adder comes in
Screenshot_2018-09-08-21-52-12.png
11-2015-Mustang-ProCharger-Test.jpg

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
LOL why did the coyote make more TQ than HP?

Because NITROUS!!

That my friends is why I say street roll race vs a simple 500whp NA setup plus 150 shot would absolutely murder some feelings!

Geezus. It makes over 200 more wtq

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Plus an 18 with 12:1 compression would probably make even more torque. :).

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
From 70-80 mph roll that torque does not hurt one bit Solar...

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
From 70-80 mph roll that torque does not hurt one bit Solar...
Who does 70-80 rolls though? We taking sub 650whp mustangs or 950+whp supras?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Who does 70-80 rolls though? We taking sub 650whp mustangs or 950+whp supras?
Are you really going to continue to argue/debate the effectiveness of nitrous as a power adder just because you own a centri? Do you need that kind of validation? What about a 2000 hp promod on street... Lol.
Sponsored