Sponsored

How hard is it REALLY to installed LTH at home?

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
The passenger side is a real pain. Did mine on jack stands and it was not pleasant. I can't imagine someone doing it for $350. I sure would not. You need a descent set of tools and a lot of patience . Took me more than 12 hours and I broke the ac line in the process.
Damn car is too loud now.
After 4 minutes of driving with LTH I went home and removed my Borla catback and installed my factory catback. I love the sound now.
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's not hard, it's just a Pain in the ass. I imagine it'll take me a week because I don't really want to do it and i'll stop every 20 minutes then put it off every couple of days. I've helped others get theirs done in an evening. Rule of thumb, the friends you helped won't be there when you need help.

Have extensions, swivels, breaker bars and power tools. Swap out your motor mounts while you're at it.

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After 4 minutes of driving with LTH I went home and removed my Borla catback and installed my factory catback. I love the sound now.
Yes I hate how it sounds currently. Getting Magnaflow x muffler welded in next week.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I hate how it sounds currently. Getting Magnaflow x muffler welded in next week.
it really makes the car a joy drive again!

OP
OP
rbs

rbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mamba
Time is money for me. I work on cars a lot on the side but I went ahead and scheduled to have my headers installed this weekend for at a very well known shop. Saves me the headache lol

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
On jack stands it's a good 6-8hrs taking it easy using hand tools its not that hard just time consuming, and laying on your back for that long is not pleasant. Using a shop lift is far easier, use the stock exhaust header gaskets and bolts. For 350 it's a deal but you can do it yourself.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Time is money for me. I work on cars a lot on the side but I went ahead and scheduled to have my headers installed this weekend for at a very well known shop. Saves me the headache lol
Good call, it's doable but definitely a pain in the ass like others have mentioned!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
TBH I prob would do MAK cat deletes if had to do it all over again. Cheaper and more $ for other mods.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Pay the $350 and stop complaining. That's the lowest price quote I've ever seen for LTH.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just paid 750 for the install...i would jump all over 350. they raised the engine up to give ample room to the header bolts. I wouldn't want to go through all that work myself

Sponsored

PaleHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP Platinum White Metallic
I just installed a set of Texas Speed headers on my 17GTPP on jack stands in my garage with all hand tools. Its not my daily driver so I did it over two weekends. I also am a prior auto mechanic turned aircraft tech. The passenger side was somewhat challenging and the drivers side was a piece of cake. I would do it again now that I know the various angles and could probably cut the total time by 30%. I read people were having A/C issues due to needing to bend A/C lines to get access to headers bolts but I didn't have the need to bend anything. I really like having the headers and feels like the car picked up power from idle to redline using my highly calibrated butt dyno.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just paid $64... for a lift. Headers on in a little under 6 hours. Oh I don't want to forget to mention that I made a donation of sweat and blood.

Last edited:

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I just paid $64... for a lift. Headers on in a little under 6 hours. Oh I don't want to forget to mention that I made a donation of sweat and blood.
if that was your first install and you put exhaust back and all in 6 hours alone ... quit your job now and open a shop

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if that was your first install and you put exhaust back and all in 6 hours alone ... quit your job now and open a shop
8 hours for complete exhaust install. Ran into a couple of hiccups with the rest of the exhaust. This is my first S550 header install.

adam2017pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Took me 8hrs on jack stands from start to finish takeing it easy, I did install a set on a 2012 5.0 in the past witch I think was worse.
Sponsored