Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
don't feel out the ford view point tell the dealer makes it right, tell them you will do all 0 or 1 if not corrected to you are happy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Just goes to show how different we all are - I repeatedly made sure my car would NOT be detailed/washed/unwrapped in any way beyond absolute necessity. I was relieved to see mine with all the rail dirt, silt, plastic still on, etc.

I pulled 90% of the plastic myself and I was grateful I got it that way.

I would never want a dealer to prep my car. The micro swirls and scratches they typically create in just one cleaning are insane.

Scroll down in this thread to see what "dealer prep" did to this Black GT in Austin.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19192

I'm also in Austin - I had none of that to deal with because they didn't touch mine!
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19194
That would be fine if it was straight off the transport, but it was a dealer locate from 60 miles away that had been in their inventory for 4 months.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I ripped my dealer in a review and they called me almost instantaneously.
Same here. I went back a month later for service on my company vehicle and got nothing but dirty looks.

My car came in trade from another dealer and had multiple scratches on it including places it looked like someone set something down on the car. I told my salesman they all had to be fixed before I would take delivery of the car. Went back a week later since I was still in the process of returning my 11 GT back to stock for trade in and only some had been fixed but not all. The salesman did not follow through properly.

As far as dealer prep I never allow them to do that since I'm more qualified myself.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I let a dealership prep my car once and it was the biggest mistake ever when purchasing a car. Its never happened since. It will never happen again.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
That sucks guys. My dealer prep was perfect. But I have an outstanding dealer and I didn't rush them.

Sponsored

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
My car was brought in from a few hours away and they basically didn't have time to prep it when I came to pick it up. It was still dirty when I drove off in it(although they filled it with 87).

Phantom2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sorry to hear that man. I bought a eco and they washed it looked really clean it was also night time. So the next day I noticed water spots and marks. I wasn't happy but I wasn't about to take it to the dealer they will just make it worse. I made an appointment with my detailer. Only other person that washes my cars. Month later I traded for a gt. They just pulled it of the truck and needed a pdi. I told them if they wash it or clean it there's no deal lol. So they brought out a dirty ass car. I over looked everything in the day time. All good I drove it home detailed it myself and following week had my detail do what he knows best.
A good point was brought to me and I know it's true since I use to work at a dealer. They hire guys a minimum wage to clean and detail your car. The guys gotta be fast and push your car through. They don't hire real detailers because it cost money. The guy I go to charges 120. He spent 6 hours on my car. He really loves what he does so his work shows it.

If you took the car I wouldn't let the dealer do anything else. Research for a good detail around you and it will be worth it.

OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I just came back from the dealer. Car is nowhere in sight. I'm assuming its already in the collision center awaiting the crew to come in on TU.

Since it was on the rear bumper cover, I believe that it requires special paint right or has things changed with that?

I just get the eerie feeling that they will find a way to screw this up.

As far as I can see, since I signed the paperwork on TH night, I'm on the hook for the car regardless. I see nothing in the law that states I can refuse delivery at this point. Best part IF I am able to leave it behind, is I'm moving south in 3 weeks and will no longer deal with these guys again.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
This whole situation in general sucks, as others have stated customer service is on the way down and out. It's ring up the deals and get them through and don't take the time to worry about the details. And this is just not indicative of the car business but most everything else we purchases as consumers.
I must say I do know what to expect from car dealers in general.
The car dealer I deal with, where I buy most of my cars is pretty good about their customer service and detailing of cars. If it's not up to spec I have them redo it under my supervision.
Ron

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Mine was prepped very nicely. Clean, inside and out. 3.5 miles on the OD. All they did not do was polish the paint. When I finally did that, it looked like a different car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Salesmen called today... said the car is done. ?? He said the paint guys came in this morning and knocked it out in a day. Apparently the paint sealant (promised exterior and interior protection packages) was being applied as he spoke. I can pick it up at 9 tomorrow.

Ok guys ... I don't know anything about automotive paint ... can it be that they repaired this that fast and it will look good? Doesn't paint require time to harden before sealant can be applied??

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Mine was ok save for some issues from the dealer they obtained it from. The other dealer had added "door edge guards" and they looked as though an 8 y/o installed them, had to be completely redone. There was a scratch on the passenger door which did get fixed, and a very small paint defect on the hood which was corrected but then they did a poor job buffing the hood and burned the clear coat which I'll have to go back in.

As for the prep itself they used their in house wash with recycled water leaving spots all over, there were still bug on the from bumper, it looked like they didn't vacuum the interior at all, and there were streaks all over the insides of the windows. Could have been worse for sure, but not what I come to expect from picking up a brand new car.

As mentioned, customer service is a lost art in this country, that is unless you're willing to pay a hefty premium for it.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
It was fine, I did my own prep after. Was more concerned they didn't drill my front plate.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
i still want to kick their azz, saving the cleaning of inside windows for when i go back in two weeks. i mean really a new car with dirty inside windows.
Sponsored