Sponsored

How does an amateur set up?

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Every now and then I like to go to one of the 2 UK strips. I know that you cant cant have a major drag set up and then fast comfortable street car, well i am not sure you can. Best I have ever done is 12.6 at 121mph (car is SC Whipple) but nasty hop and jumps most of the time at launch. As a weekend of fun it would be nice to launch the car better. I have read all the posts, threads and discussions. But would welcome any tips. It has pedders coilovers, BMR005, Diff bushings and thats about it on suspension. My suspension has always leaned to fast road, so i may have gone down the wrong route already? My check list from reading is
Drop rear pressures to say 26-28
DONT launch control it, i tried a few times but just seems to rev and bog down.
Move to Race mode but keep tract control pressed to remove advance trac as I think it still kicks in.
SMooth roll in then hoon it.

I would welcome thoughts for a total novice (I used to rally so this drag stripping is new to me) as to how better to set up or add to the car?
Cheers and be kind...I am new at this!
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What is your rear wheel/tire setup? With FI, you will need a drag radial to be able to really get into it off the launch (or first 330' for that matter). If you don't have DRs, get some 17x10 rear wheels and a 305 DR.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
you said launch control so ill assume it’s a manual yeah? I’d guess the coilovers and tires will be your biggest issues with what’s in your car currently. What’s your 60’?
Sponsored