Sponsored

How bad does a dark color really look if you don't wash it?

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Think I will. I've heard several people say they are great, and others say don't because they can scratch? Do you wash it? You must, otherwise it seems it would just fill up with dust and leave streaks. Not so?
It won't scratch as long as you just use it for dust.

You do not wash it. Shake it out is all. They actually advertise that the dirtier it gets, the better it works.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Ok, I ordered one... Thanks for the recommendation!

Hockeypucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I would never wipe my car with anything dry like with the duster. Great way to introduce swirl marks into your paint. Dust should be only removed with a good detail spray and premium microfiber towel. I recommend Adamspolishes products but there are lots out there from which to choose.

I'm not afraid of dark colors but I'm in the camp that enjoys cleaning my car as much as driving it. I'm contemplating a DIB GT but also waiting for more info on the Focus RS.

Anyway, get the dark color. You'll love it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you're scratching your car with a duster, you're doing it wrong. Or the car is too dirty to start with. Or both.

I've used dusters for over 20 years and have never scratched a car with one, black or otherwise...

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I would never wipe my car with anything dry like with the duster. Great way to introduce swirl marks into your paint. Dust should be only removed with a good detail spray and premium microfiber towel. I recommend Adamspolishes products but there are lots out there from which to choose.

I'm not afraid of dark colors but I'm in the camp that enjoys cleaning my car as much as driving it. I'm contemplating a DIB GT but also waiting for more info on the Focus RS.

Anyway, get the dark color. You'll love it.
It absolutely will not scratch or swirl your paint. Again, as long as you are using it when there is only a layer of dust.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
As promised, photos of a dirty car are here! I must admit, though, the car doesn't look too dirty. Lighting can play a key factor in how a car looks though, these photos were taken at around 5 pm. It has been outside in the Phoenix sun and dust for 2 weeks as my DD. A few days ago we got a splattering of rain, which the car was subject to, but not driven in because the rain didn't last. The only "dirt" that is really apparent is accentuated by the rain. We are scheduled for more rain... maybe I'll withhold washing for another week and try driving around in the rain to spit some of the muck up onto the lower panels. But for now...
Mustang23.jpg
Mustang22.jpg
Mustang21.jpg

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Black looks great, but im constantly battling to keep the bmw looking clean. My brothers white one always looks clean. I'm going white next time (with red interior ;) )

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
I think you should get the color you want and just deal with the dirt that may show more or less.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That's why according to your profile you drive a Mazda. I take care of my things, I like nice things and I like to keep them nice. I take spending my hard earned cash seriously and spending $25 on a hand wash is not much to spend compared to the price of a car.

Two problems with your line of thinking...

a) There is not a hand wash for 20 miles
b) I Quarter wash my car twice a week... if it gets over 20 degrees.

My BMW looks worse than that Mustang.. nothing I can do because 20m after a wash, it looks the same. Winter is Winter..
Sponsored