Sponsored

How are those carbon fiber interior trim panels/parts?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I keep going back and forth on outfitting my interior with carbon fiber trim to replace plastic panels. I’d leave the aluminum PP1 dash trim alone, but was thinking about...
-The plastic around the infotainment display and track switches
-The plastic on the arm rests on the doors by the window switches
-The plastic on the doors around the interior door handles/lock buttons
-The plastic around the shifter
-The rings around the speakers (maybe... likely just the tweeters, if at all)

Thoughts? I seriously keep debating if this would look good or tacky. I kinda wish I could get some type of painted/powdered aluminum and/or leather-padded material instead as CF seems to often be hit or miss. I also wouldn’t mind changing out the horn/airbag cover on the steering wheel but there doesn’t seem to be any viable options there beyond that carbon fiber “sticker” thing which kinda looks awful since it’s surrounding by plastic otherwise. :p
My 2019’s 401a interior is such a nice upgrade over my previous 401a 2016, I just want to bring it up to an even more “premium” level by removing some of the cheaper plastics to “complete” the upper scale look. :sun:
Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You could always cover the parts yourself with carbon fiber wrap for very little money and if you like the look get the real carbon fiber versions.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Or you can try hydrodipping...I'm going to give it a go here soon. Already have a few extra interior parts to use so I can still have the stock ones if needed. There are two vendors on ebay (thepartsfarm and midwaymustangparts) that have stang parts taken from wrecked vehicles where the parts are in great shape. I even have shaker door panels from them so I can have the two speakers in the door instead of the one. Kansas Hydrographics has what you need and they are more than happy to talk to you for tips and tricks. Also, K2Forums (something like that) has a ton of youtube videos on it as well.

Sponsored

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Have the parts Hydrodipped by JLT. They have done a bunch of my stuff interior and under the hood and its fantastic!

They will keep getting my business.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I say go for it (as you can see I may be a bit biased). I would suggest that you pick one cf vendor if you can since cf weave, shininess, etc can differ and you want them to look the same.
2018-06-21 15.21.55.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
^^^^Now that's funny!:cwl:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Have the parts Hydrodipped by JLT. They have done a bunch of my stuff interior and under the hood and its fantastic!

They will keep getting my business.
I have been looking to get some of my interior parts hydro dipped but unfortunately JLT told me they no longer do it.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I say go for it (as you can see I may be a bit biased). I would suggest that you pick one cf vendor if you can since cf weave, shininess, etc can differ and you want them to look the same.
2018-06-21 15.21.55.jpg
What is going on with your floor? Need a better pic of the floor mat or whatever it is you've got down there. Looks very interesting.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to give Kansas Hydrographics a call tomorrow and see if they will do the dip for some of our interior parts. I have no problem doing it myself other than the tub part. I could buy one, but then I'm not sure where I could store the damn thing once done. We'll see but I'll report back tomorrow if they will dip parts for us.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I had in the past talked them about how to do this myself and we decided on a blue metallic paint that was really close to Lightning Blue as a base coat with a black and clear film to produce a blue carbon fiber. I still may go this route although but they do have a film called blue lightning...we'll see.

Here's their reply.

We frequently process parts that are shipped in to us and would be happy to get a quote for you. If you are interested, just send us a few photos of what you are interested in having dipped and we will respond with a quote as soon as possible. Thanks!

Thank You,
Brent
1-888-873-0648

I have bought a few spare pieces of interior that I can play with and still have my stock set. I will take some photos of what I want dipped with a tape measure in the pic so they have a size idea.Will let you all know the quote they give.